Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
No shyt :pachaha:

Hell NoA probably tried telling NoJ that the wii u was a bad idea.
Hell NoA probably came up with the Oct Switch reveal.. which was on point. Compared to the de-hyping Japan reveal
Coming from a former stockholder: That's the problem at Nintendo. NoA is looked at as second class. Look at the Board of Directors. No Americans. They are completely out of touch with the Western and European markets. It's incredibly frusturating.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Coming from a former stockholder: That's the problem at Nintendo. NoA is looked at as second class. Look at the Board of Directors. No Americans. They are completely out of touch with the Western and European markets. It's incredibly frusturating.
I'd rather they be out of touch and continue doing innovative shyt than be in touch and copying everyone else.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
NBA 2K18 in September.

d7bec9b72ca3403cbfe6fabe8883980b

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Reggie has to be shaking his damn head at this shyt. Atleast it's easy money for him... I guess. But yeah these decisions are just :wtf:

I mean god damn.. looking at this online shyt..

it's an app, on your smartphone. that you use for voice chat, matchmaking, lobbies... :skip:

and they want you to pay for this..

did I mention it's an app on your SMARTPHONE :skip:

I still think that got one with the Switch... but if they fukk this up..

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
^^ I'm interested to see how the app works. I think it might be better than people think and Reggie's spin actually made sense to me. That using the app would make voice chat and other things way easier when you just have the tablet

The Switch and its accessories are so expensive I can't imagine playing that shyt on the bus or train in Brooklyn. I'd be robbed immediately.
Still way less expensive than the latest phones and people use those out in the open all the time. Don't worry about it

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^ I'm interested to see how the app works. I think it might be better than people think and Reggie's spin actually made sense to me. That using the app would make voice chat and other things way easier when you just have the tablet

Still way less expensive than the latest phones and people use those out in the open all the time. Don't worry about it
nah breh

having to use two devices to matchmake is not easier
especially if you're on the go, so if your using switch outside your home you need to ensure your phone is charged up and your switch is charged

how is this easier than just including it within the switch?

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Something's telling me they're gonna make an LTE version eventually.
If it can hold up profit wise I think the 2nd iteration of this is gonna get everything right.
It shouldn't be that hard to upgrade the dock to make it more powerful.
The whole system is a great concept that can be built upon pretty easily
I wouldn't put it pass Nintendo to make this shyt always require an internet connection both at home and on the road. That's probably what the phone app is for - to connect the Switch to your mobile data when you're on the road. Yes. Nintendo is that fukking stupid.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I wouldn't put it pass Nintendo to make this shyt always require an internet connection both at home and on the road. That's probably what the phone app is for - to connect the Switch to your mobile data when you're on the road. Yes. Nintendo is that fukking stupid.

oh shyt :whew:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Certainly not. One of the big points they were trying to get across was the local multi-player aspect for people with multiple consoles. You can hook up to 8 Switch tablets together wirelessly with no internet connection.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ is confirmed as a launch title in NA.

Shovel Knight is also coming in March. Unfortunately, there will be no physical release but the version on the Switch will release with Spectre of Innocence before the other consoles get it. Also, local co-op :mjcry:. I got a reason to get a second controller on launch day now.
Along with Snipperclips, which by all hands on accounts is a great co-op game.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Matchmaking And Creating Lobbies On Nintendo Switch Will Be Done Through Nintendo’s Smart Phone App

January 19, 2017ThisGenGaming9 Comments

switchconsole1-1-728x409.jpg

During an interview with Gamespot the Nintendo Of America president, Reggie Fils-Aimé discussed further regarding the smart phone app that will launch alongside the Nintendo Switch in March. He said the following about the smart phone app.

The smart phone app that we’re creating, that will be part of our online service, we believe is going to be a very compelling part of the overall proposition because that’s how you’ll voice chat, that’s how you’ll do your matchmaking, and create your lobby. We also think it’s a very elegant solution because if you’ve taken your switch on the go, you’ve put yourself in a hotspot, you’re looking at get a quick match of Mario Kart in, to whip out some sort of bulky, gamer headset is a bit of a challenge.

It was not confirmed whether or not matchmaking and creating lobbies is exclusive to the Nintendo smartphone app, but some clarification by Reggie would be appreciated as many are very against this idea if it was exclusive to the app like online voice chat will be.

Matchmaking And Creating Lobbies On Nintendo Switch Will Be Done Through Nintendo’s Smart Phone App – ThisGenGaming

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to clarify if they mean that this will be done exclusively on a phone app or if it's merely a compliment because if the former then that's dumb.