Nintendo literally owns the Japanese gaming market again

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If we compare PS4 vs the Switch I agree with you PS4 clearly had better overall Japanese support. The big AAA games will never be on the Switch's current model. So while something like Final Fantasy theoretically would be a great fit for the system it would never be able to run it.

Personally in this gen, I feel like all the big JRPG franchises except for FF and Nier will be on the Switch. But the more action and demanding games Souls, FF, DMC, etc will still be on PS5 first.

But these companies might follow what Monster Hunter did and make a game just for the Switch because it would be silly to ignore the install base the Switch currently has. Which probably is the biggest after 3 years since the PS2. (Not counting the Wii that shyt was casual heavy) Persona is the most interesting one to me in this regard do they keep making it Sony exclusive? (I know P4G is on PC, but that has been the one exception)

Yeah, it's not even all AAA games either. A lot of B, A, AA or whatever letter grade they can be classified as, weren't on Nintendo systems. It's been that way for like 4 generations, for a number of reasons, lol. They've opened up a bit more, more to indies than anything, which is fine and well since a lot of indie games are perfect for portable gaming.

I don't believe that "hardcore/serious" gamers have to own absolutely every platform, but if one played a lot of games heavily or wanted to, especially more hardcore games and could or only chose to own one platform, Nintendo would not be that one.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah, it's not even all AAA games either. A lot of B, A, AA or whatever letter grade they can be classified as, weren't on Nintendo systems. It's been that way for like 4 generations, for a number of reasons, lol. They've opened up a bit more, more to indies than anything, which is fine and well since a lot of indie games are perfect for portable gaming.

I don't believe that "hardcore/serious" gamers have to own absolutely every platform, but if one played a lot of games heavily or wanted to, especially more hardcore games and could or only chose to own one platform, Nintendo would not be that one.

Yea I’m rolling with the Switch & PS5 this gen. That pretty much has all my bases covered. Sure I might miss out on Microsoft exclusives but nothing has coming out eventually has catches my interest so far.

It’s hard justifying buying a system for just for 1 or 2 games.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Are any of those games on Nintendo tho? No. That was the point. Not playstation exclusive, but Nintendo Excluded. Just like SF, as a series, which ones are on the Switch? And since when is a game getting extended support a bad thing? And if they (any of the games listed) can be on the platform, why are they not? I'm sure you already know the answer.

I won't deny Nintendo makes fun games, but they're primarily limited in being kid focused and staying within the same franchises. The Bayonettas and Astral Chains don't come around that often . And interesting lore?! GTFATWOH!

If you're denying the interesting lore then pick up the games and read the dialogue within them because even splatoon got it in their single player mode. You don't need mature dark games like Bayo/Metroid/Astral Chain to supply you with layers of depth like that. And no, supporting a game well beyond its release isn't bad at all. It's amazing, but my point is supporting a game for THAT long offering at a ridiculously low price and killing off the gap between pros and casuals, I would think it would have cracked 10 mill on a 100 mill console seller especially since its such a strong IP in the game.

And whoever is willing to port RE/DMC/Nier games on Switch can do so if they were again willing to do so. If I'm not mistaken I think some RE games are on the switch, of course not the remakes tho.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you're denying the interesting lore then pick up the games and read the dialogue within them because even splatoon got it in their single player mode. You don't need mature dark games like Bayo/Metroid/Astral Chain to supply you with layers of depth like that. And no, supporting a game well beyond its release isn't bad at all. It's amazing, but my point is supporting a game for THAT long offering at a ridiculously low price and killing off the gap between pros and casuals, I would think it would have cracked 10 mill on a 100 mill console seller especially since its such a strong IP in the game.

And whoever is willing to port RE/DMC/Nier games on Switch can do so if they were again willing to do so. If I'm not mistaken I think some RE games are on the switch, of course not the remakes tho.

Fighting games are niche at the end of the day, so 5 mill for any of them is still very successful actually. And a game that's 5 years old should have a relatively cheap price, unlike what Nintendo does with their games.

The ports aren't outright impossible, but are unlikely in most fronts cuz the costs don't justify the means. It'd be a helluva drop off in most of those games' cases, only to not be bought all like that on the console anways, cuz of said downgrades or cuz everyone that really wants them already have them on more powerful consoles or pc.

And I'm not saying a game needs to be dark in order to have lore, but most of those games listed aren't that heavy on lore and certainly aren't more than most on the opposing list that I dropped. Also, Ioenno why you listed Astral Chain dark, mature game. I mean, it's more mature than the typical Ninty franchise offering for sure, but definitely not dark.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Fighting games are niche at the end of the day, so 5 mill for any of them is still very successful actually. And a game that's 5 years old should have a relatively cheap price, unlike what Nintendo does with their games.

The ports aren't outright impossible, but are unlikely in most fronts cuz the costs don't justify the means. It'd be a helluva drop off in most of those games' cases, only to not be bought all like that on the console anways, cuz of said downgrades or cuz everyone that really wants them already have them on more powerful consoles or pc.

And I'm not saying a game needs to be dark in order to have lore, but most of those games listed aren't that heavy on lore and certainly aren't more than most on the opposing list that I dropped. Also, Ioenno why you listed Astral Chain dark, mature game. I mean, it's more mature than the typical Ninty franchise offering for sure, but definitely not dark.

of course most of the games listed weren't heavy on the lore most of them listed were party except maybe 2. And I just put AC in the same light as Bayo because it was brought up along side it. I never played the game so it not being dark and mature my bad I guess. But I still don't think you need a game with several cut scenes and all that to bring about an interesting lore to the world and characters that you couldn't get from just playing the game and taking in what's being presented to you through dialogue and sequence.

and companies since the switch has started have been just porting games at full price on the switch and been using that as a means to see if people would get the current game they have. Capcom did a lot, and were more than satisfied with the sales of these old titles. I almost think that's why they are pushing a switch exclusive MH for the switch (until the release it on PC) atm because they know it would sell and the one the ported over to switch I think did well enough in their eyes to justify developing a new game for switch.

You can also take a look at the Doom port as well and Overwatch, and MK11 and so on. with how badly people want Nier on switch I'm sure that shyt would sell very well on the console. but Platinum need to be heavily funded for everything these days not to mention working on Bayo 3 and worked on AC for switch. I don't think there's enough demand for Yakuza on switch so I don't see anybody porting that over.