DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
s-l400.jpg

shyt literally started on PlayStation breh :francis:

Fair enough but the series has been primarily portable for the last several years (3 console games since 05 and that’s including World. The other 2 were on PS2 & Wii) and Rise has totally new mechanics. Saying that Rise is just gonna be a gimped version of World is a sports- media level hot take

Daps
Sure AAA games like FF, Yazuka, etc can't run on the Switch. Nobody is gonna deny that. But there are so many indie and AA games that are great for the Switch. But then again people are only interested in the big AAA titles these days. Nintendo not having a Persona game is on Atlus more than anything else. Any of those games can clearly run on the Switch since Strikers which is a much more demanding game than Royal is on the Switch.

I am not interested in Monster Hunter series, but how the hell is Rise watered down? It looks to be by far the best looking game on the Switch and everyone interested in it is super pumped.

Seems to me you only want to compare sales when it is in your favor. Nintendo and Sony both have video game consoles it is absolutely fair to compare them. If they cared about catering to Japan they would have supported the Vita for one. Nintendo just has the system currently that appeals to them.

Also, PC gaming has been on the rise in Japan. Not quite at Sony or Nintendo's level, but it seems every notable Japanese developed AA and AAA game that isn't a Nintendo exclusive is getting a PC port.
If Witcher can run on Switch, Yakuza definitely can Yakuza 3 4 and 5 were all on PS3

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
nobody in the thread is smart enough to realize they are comparing last generation PS to switch with no successor in sight?
who the fukk is gonna buy a ps4 8 years after the fact, nikkas are giving them away on every market possible

thats like saying Iphone isnt selling and posting Iphone 7 numbers

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Best japanese games still on PlayStation though. Nintendo stil don’t have a real persona game. And we got resident evil 8 and Nier coming out in the next two months, along with the yakuza games, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, project athia, pragmata, ghost wire, devil may cry. Etc, so I don’t get this. What japanese games does nintendo get that sony don’t get? Big to mid level Budget japanese games can’t even run on nintendo hardware at this point.

They get watered down shyts that been out on PlayStation for years, like FFXV pocket edition and Monster Hunter rise.

Only stand out japanese games on nintendo are Nintendo’s 1st party games and they are universal family oriented games aside from fire emblem

To me this is simply comparing handheld sales to consoles sales. Handhelds have alway dominated in japan due to how they’re socialized. The Switch will due DS numbers there because people are treating it like any other handheld.

If we’re gonna compare sales it only makes sense to compare Sony and microsoft.
Dude, no way. Mario Odyssey. Smash Ultimate. BOTW. MK8 Deluxe. Fire Emblem: TH. Mario Maker 2. Sony's got a steady drip of great JRPGs but I can't say the software lineup beats out the big N.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Dude, no way. Mario Odyssey. Smash Ultimate. BOTW. MK8 Deluxe. Fire Emblem: TH. Mario Maker 2. Sony's got a steady drip of great JRPGs but I can't say the software lineup beats out the big N.

Are you fukking crazy?:dahell:

Personas
Guilty Gear
SFV
Nier Automata
FFVIIR
SoulsBornes
Yakuza
DMC
RE

And I'm just scratching the surface breh. Not only does playstation have more great or greater Japanese series titles than Ninty, they also have more variety of them and then the obvious that they more up-to-date tech wise, so they'll look and perform better. Ninty's games tend to be mostly the same tried and true series, which builds their series brand loyalty and recognition for sure, but sales alone certainly doesn't tell the full story of quality. The abundance of substance and variety is part of the reason why the sales aren't Nintendo's level cuz there's more to choose from so the wealth is more spread out.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Ring fit Adventure is a dope ass game, it's the only reason I use my switch. It's gaining popularity like crazy in Japan, especially in the pandemic. Nintendo came out with a fitness game at the perfect time.

Not even mentioning all the other shyt they got.

Also believe it or not but PC gaming is becoming more popular in Japan now days. For example nobody plays the PS4 version of Street Fighter 5 because it's widely known as a shytty port. The PC version is the main version now. Maybe once tournaments come back people will revert back to the PS4 not too sure.

Regardless I still think PS5 will do decent there, and I think the biggest problem is that it's a big ass console

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ring fit Adventure is a dope ass game, it's the only reason I use my switch. It's gaining popularity like crazy in Japan, especially in the pandemic. Nintendo came out with a fitness game at the perfect time.

Not even mentioning all the other shyt they got.

Also believe it or not but PC gaming is becoming more popular in Japan now days. For example nobody plays the PS4 version of Street Fighter 5 because it's widely known as a shytty port. The PC version is the main version now. Maybe once tournaments come back people will revert back to the PS4 not too sure.

Regardless I still think PS5 will do decent there, and I think the biggest problem is that it's a big ass console

Yea that’s one thing that get understated in these threads is that outside of Nintendo exclusives majority of these Japanese developed games are being ported to PC.

Last gen they were mostly only available early on for the vita or later on for the PS4. But they were Sony exclusives.

But yea I agree completely that the PS5 will be fine their.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Are you fukking crazy?:dahell:

Personas
Guilty Gear
SFV
Nier Automata
FFVIIR
SoulsBornes
Yakuza
DMC
RE

And I'm just scratching the surface breh. Not only does playstation have more great or greater Japanese series titles than Ninty, they also have more variety of them and then the obvious that they more up-to-date tech wise, so they'll look and perform better. Ninty's games tend to be mostly the same tried and true series, which builds their series brand loyalty and recognition for sure, but sales alone certainly doesn't tell the full story of quality. The abundance of substance and variety is part of the reason why the sales aren't Nintendo's level cuz there's more to choose from so the wealth is more spread out.
Those games are trash, FOH

The sales of those games aint shyt compared to Ninty classics.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Those games are trash, FOH

The sales of those games aint shyt compared to Ninty classics.

Not nare any of those games are trash. They all are held to quite regard, score well and sell decent enough. Just cuz every game doesn't sell like Nintendo's tried and typical samey offerings, don't mean shyt.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Not nare any of those games are trash. They all are held to quite regard, score well and sell decent enough. Just cuz every game doesn't sell like Nintendo's tried and typical samey offerings, don't mean shyt.

SFV is held in high regard? Since when? 5 mill copies from a 100+ mill sold console? with updates going into 2022 and the game selling for 5 bucks?

and RE/Nier/DMC/GG/Yakuza are playstation only games? These games can just as well be on Nintendo platforms.

Nintendo sells well because they make genuinely fun games. You can literally pick up splatoon and have a blast. to some people "clubhouse games 51" > literally every game you mentioned.

take fall guys for example, and how much fun grown ass people were having with it. Nintendo brings that very charm with their games with great gameplay and fun mechanics and an interesting lore to them.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
PS5 is a western system, sony HQ is in cali now

Sony doesn't give a fukk about Japan anymore

If you copped a PS5 for Japanese games you lost

No console is being made for the Japanese market right now period

Thats cause its TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE to make!!! Why does the average PS5 game cost $70 to $100 million to make?? That more than most budgets of live-action HBO Max films. Japanese developers gave up going down that rabbit hole of going broke for conaole sales and expensive DLC content.