blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS5 is a western system, sony HQ is in cali now

Sony doesn't give a fukk about Japan anymore

If you copped a PS5 for Japanese games you lost

No console is being made for the Japanese market right now period

Best japanese games still on PlayStation though. Nintendo stil don’t have a real persona game. And we got resident evil 8 and Nier coming out in the next two months, along with the yakuza games, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, project athia, pragmata, ghost wire, devil may cry. Etc, so I don’t get this. What japanese games does nintendo get that sony don’t get? Big to mid level Budget japanese games can’t even run on nintendo hardware at this point.

They get watered down shyts that been out on PlayStation for years, like FFXV pocket edition and Monster Hunter rise.

Only stand out japanese games on nintendo are Nintendo’s 1st party games and they are universal family oriented games aside from fire emblem

To me this is simply comparing handheld sales to consoles sales. Handhelds have alway dominated in japan due to how they’re socialized. The Switch will due DS numbers there because people are treating it like any other handheld.

If we’re gonna compare sales it only makes sense to compare Sony and microsoft.

Last edited:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Best japanese games still on PlayStation though. Nintendo stil don’t have a real persona game. And we got resident evil 8 and Nier coming out in the next two months, along with the yakuza games, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, project athia, pragmata, ghost wire, devil may cry. Etc, so I don’t get this. What japanese games does nintendo get that sony don’t get? Big to mid level Budget japanese games can’t even run on nintendo hardware at this point.

They get watered down shyts that been out on PlayStation for years, like FFXV pocket edition and Monster Hunter rise.

Only stand out japanese games on nintendo are Nintendo’s 1st party games and they are universal family oriented games aside from fire emblem

To me this is simply comparing handheld sales to consoles sales. Handhelds have alway dominated in japan due to how they’re socialized. The Switch will due DS numbers there because people are treating it like any other handheld.

look at game sales in japan for the last two years

best selling games by far were pokemon and animal crossing.

japanese gaming culture is huge on these types of games.

and i also think in japan social pressure is a big factor in playing video games. i remember reading an article where this guy went on a company retreat and everybody else had a copy of some monster hunter except him. dude was literally :mjcry: and traumatized by the experience. vowed to never let it happen again.

right now i think animal crossing is that type of game in japan which is driving 2021 switch sales

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Sure AAA games like FF, Yazuka, etc can't run on the Switch. Nobody is gonna deny that. But there are so many indie and AA games that are great for the Switch. But then again people are only interested in the big AAA titles these days. Nintendo not having a Persona game is on Atlus more than anything else. Any of those games can clearly run on the Switch since Strikers which is a much more demanding game than Royal is on the Switch.

I am not interested in Monster Hunter series, but how the hell is Rise watered down? It looks to be by far the best looking game on the Switch and everyone interested in it is super pumped.

Seems to me you only want to compare sales when it is in your favor. Nintendo and Sony both have video game consoles it is absolutely fair to compare them. If they cared about catering to Japan they would have supported the Vita for one. Nintendo just has the system currently that appeals to them.

Also, PC gaming has been on the rise in Japan. Not quite at Sony or Nintendo's level, but it seems every notable Japanese developed AA and AAA game that isn't a Nintendo exclusive is getting a PC port.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
PS5 is a western system, sony HQ is in cali now

Sony doesn't give a fukk about Japan anymore

If you copped a PS5 for Japanese games you lost

No console is being made for the Japanese market right now period

I do agree with this since Nintendo is still appealing to the masses. Still, they will end up with the most support especially if the next-gen switch comes out in 2-3 years.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

all those games u mentioned for playstation most of those ppl over there could give a fukk about...they dont need those games on switch for the console to thrive...once that Zelda BOTW 2 drops and does 10 mil out the gate what u gonna say ?:mjlol:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Sony's been drifting away from the japanese market for a long while now..

and once those anime titty games started getting censored on the 4... it's a wrap.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sure AAA games like FF, Yazuka, etc can't run on the Switch. Nobody is gonna deny that. But there are so many indie and AA games that are great for the Switch. But then again people are only interested in the big AAA titles these days. Nintendo not having a Persona game is on Atlus more than anything else. Any of those games can clearly run on the Switch since Strikers which is a much more demanding game than Royal is on the Switch.

All those indie and AA games are also on PlayStation. Aside from like Hades, which is on PC and I’m sure will be on PS soon and Ori which is on xbox. Once again my original statement was in response to “people who bought a PlayStation for japanese games lost” because from where I’m standing the brunt of big japanese games are still exclusively on the PlayStation.

And it doesn’t really matter who’s fault it is that Royal isn’t on switch, the point is is that it isn’t.

am not interested in Monster Hunter series, but how the hell is Rise watered down? It looks to be by far the best looking game on the Switch and everyone interested in it is super pumped.

It will sell like hot cakes for the portable aspect, but it will be gimped in every other way from Monster Hunter World. Weaker graphics, framerate, less content, weak online system, communication and matchmaking, and for what? So you can play in the living and in your bedroom? Considering at the end of teh day you still need WiFi to play online on the switch so it’s not like you’re gonna be playing at the park and shyt.

all those games u mentioned for playstation most of those ppl over there could give a fukk about...they dont need those games on switch for the console to thriv

Once again, why is what japan does important? The west dominate in game sales which is why the japanese market are catering more to us. I wasn’t making an argument for what japanese people need or why the switch is popular in japan, thats obvious. My response was for “gamers that got a PlayStation for japanese games lost” which is just false considering there is no other platform that caters more to japanese games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let me also show yall why this isn’t “complete dominance” like yall think it is.

F70-D2-B1-B-195-D-4999-AF6-B-BD4-DE7092-BEB.jpg

Japan generates half the revenue that the us does in game sales, in total.

Even china has 3x’s the internet population, and more than that in total popular only equal to just over 4 million more in sales than the United States.

If you start adding up other european and North American countries, western market completely dominates the eastern market.

Japan is a small fry in terms of who japanese publishers/developers are going to cater to when making games these days because the best profits will come from audiences across the ocean. So, do you make games for japan or do you make games for the entire Western Hemisphere?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It will sell like hot cakes for the portable aspect, but it will be gimped in every other way from Monster Hunter World. Weaker graphics, framerate, less content, weak online system, communication and matchmaking, and for what? So you can play in the living and in your bedroom? Considering at the end of teh day you still need WiFi to play online on the switch so it’s not like you’re gonna be playing at the park and shyt.

do you even Monster Hunt bro!?:heh:

The series was portable only up until World and the games have NEVER lacked for content. Plus Rise has major gameplay additions like the wirebug and palamute, along with monster mounting and some weapons changes

You just out here saying shyt :childplease: