Nintendo literally owns the Japanese gaming market again

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Usually stay out of these consol wars because after a while ypu realize these companies don't give a damn about you...

But I been Nintendo gang since a Jit.

:yeshrug:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
SFV is held in high regard? Since when? 5 mill copies from a 100+ mill sold console? with updates going into 2022 and the game selling for 5 bucks?

and RE/Nier/DMC/GG/Yakuza are playstation only games? These games can just as well be on Nintendo platforms.

Nintendo sells well because they make genuinely fun games. You can literally pick up splatoon and have a blast. to some people "clubhouse games 51" > literally every game you mentioned.

take fall guys for example, and how much fun grown ass people were having with it. Nintendo brings that very charm with their games with great gameplay and fun mechanics and an interesting lore to them.

Are any of those games on Nintendo tho? No. That was the point. Not playstation exclusive, but Nintendo Excluded. Just like SF, as a series, which ones are on the Switch? And since when is a game getting extended support a bad thing? And if they (any of the games listed) can be on the platform, why are they not? I'm sure you already know the answer.

I won't deny Nintendo makes fun games, but they're primarily limited in being kid focused and staying within the same franchises. The Bayonettas and Astral Chains don't come around that often . And interesting lore?! GTFATWOH!

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Are you fukking crazy?:dahell:

Personas
Guilty Gear
SFV
Nier Automata
FFVIIR
SoulsBornes
Yakuza
DMC
RE

And I'm just scratching the surface breh. Not only does playstation have more great or greater Japanese series titles than Ninty, they also have more variety of them and then the obvious that they more up-to-date tech wise, so they'll look and perform better. Ninty's games tend to be mostly the same tried and true series, which builds their series brand loyalty and recognition for sure, but sales alone certainly doesn't tell the full story of quality. The abundance of substance and variety is part of the reason why the sales aren't Nintendo's level cuz there's more to choose from so the wealth is more spread out.
:mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Are any of those games on Nintendo tho? No. That was the point. Not playstation exclusive, but Nintendo Excluded. Just like SF, as a series, which ones are on the Switch? And since when is a game getting extended support a bad thing? And if they (any of the games listed) can be on the platform, why are they not? I'm sure you already know the answer.

I won't deny Nintendo makes fun games, but they're primarily limited in being kid focused and staying within the same franchises. The Bayonettas and Astral Chains don't come around that often . And interesting lore?! GTFATWOH!

If we compare PS4 vs the Switch I agree with you PS4 clearly had better overall Japanese support. The big AAA games will never be on the Switch's current model. So while something like Final Fantasy theoretically would be a great fit for the system it would never be able to run it.

Personally in this gen, I feel like all the big JRPG franchises except for FF and Nier will be on the Switch. But the more action and demanding games Souls, FF, DMC, etc will still be on PS5 first.

But these companies might follow what Monster Hunter did and make a game just for the Switch because it would be silly to ignore the install base the Switch currently has. Which probably is the biggest after 3 years since the PS2. (Not counting the Wii that shyt was casual heavy) Persona is the most interesting one to me in this regard do they keep making it Sony exclusive? (I know P4G is on PC, but that has been the one exception)