Nintendo literally owns the Japanese gaming market again

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

I know they are beasting everywhere but this is really crazy. I remember this ad vividly

yFPS4n4goAWurR6wwRUSqljCezdb9kTNP0rjB2TBBXY.jpg

I was like damn, Sony and Square done came through and crushed the buildings when this ad dropped. Now, neither mean much there in Japan. The game that moves units for Square Enix now there is Dragon Quest. For someone that has seen a lot in gaming, this turnaround after all this time is crazy to witness.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Sorta off topic but Dragon Quest....shyt looks like the most generic trope-heavy JRPG around. I may try XI out of sheer boredom since I have nothing to do.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sorta off topic but Dragon Quest....shyt looks like the most generic trope-heavy JRPG around. I may try XI out of sheer boredom since I have nothing to do.
I wouldn't judging by your post. Dragon Quest as a series is meant to be traditional that is the appeal. The formula has worked for over 30 years and 11 gets argued as the best in the franchise.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I think if there were anything else to play during January i wouldn’t have finished it. It’s INCREDIBLY long, and the payoff isn’t that great. If you love classic turn based JRPG’s it’lll probably be right up your alley.

I just feel personally we’ve come to far with storytelling and gameplay for this game to have really sucked me in. It’s great if you are nostalgia junkie

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
PS5 is a western system, sony HQ is in cali now

Sony doesn't give a fukk about Japan anymore

If you copped a PS5 for Japanese games you lost

No console is being made for the Japanese market right now period

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin