Nintendo Direct announced for September 14th, 40 minutes of fun - 10am est

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Skip battles? Bruv what? :dead:

Also there is no Persona 3 Reloaded coming to switch huh :beli: hacked ps4 pro it is then
I hated the battle system. Except for doing the bosses that way. I want the first game mechanics back with the badges and no circular playing field bs. Rest of the game was dope tho

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I hated the battle system. Except for doing the bosses that way. I want the first game mechanics back with the badges and no circular playing field bs. Rest of the game was dope tho

Story and writing were great. It was on that super paper Mario and TTYD level. Combat was pretty ass like the last 2.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nintendo needs their ass kicked. So they announce a new DK and FZERO and it's some arcade trash? :what:

Best thing announced was the Splatoon 3 and MK8 DLC. smh.

Sony better come correct tonight.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
:picard:Y’all want another 3d DK game after 64.

I personally just want a sequel to Tropical Freeze. But I'm not against a 3d DK. DK64 was ass yes. But that was over 20 years ago and Rare wont have anything to do with this. Looking at what they were able to do with modern Kirby, I trust that can make 3D DK work.

But for me personally Tropical Freeze is SO GOOD why even attempt to do anything else?

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That was like 25 years ago.

I do think nintendo is worried that they can’t recreate a 3d donkey kong with the same scope as donkey kong country
By now it's pretty obvious that 2D and 3D have different ranges of "scope", so I don't think it's that.

I think it's that Mario is already covering those bases, there's barely even a need for DKC right now, it's a legacy series that got a cult fanbase so they keeping it up for them, but it isn't really all that needed. They really would have to have a pretty innovative idea that doesn't fit into Mario to do a 3D DK game. Mario Odyssey legitimately did everything you'd want from a 3D platforming perspective.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
By now it's pretty obvious that 2D and 3D have different ranges of "scope", so I don't think it's that.

I think it's that Mario is already covering those bases, there's barely even a need for DKC right now, it's a legacy series that got a cult fanbase so they keeping it up for them, but it isn't really all that needed. They really would have to have a pretty innovative idea that doesn't fit into Mario to do a 3D DK game. Mario Odyssey legitimately did everything you'd want from a 3D platforming perspective.

The biggest advantage of a 3d DK game is probably co-op

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

They tried it with Kirby the Forgotten land. Nintendo could probably try a 3D DK game with a mix of 2D and rhythm mechanics since the OSTs for those games are A1