Nintendo Announces The NES Classic Edition (11/11)

morris

Superstar
Daps
You do realize it's not as simple as that, right?

These may just be ROMs, but if the virtual console is any indication on how it works, each game is its own emulator, and even then, game wise, lots of the third party titles have licensing/rights issues, or in some cases those companies don't exist any more.
If the company does not exist to bring up a suit, no problem right? And doesn't NE-fukkin'-S have a gang of lawyers AND engineers on deck. C'mon, a multi-billion dollar company. They know exactly what they are doing. Just surprised they didn't do it sooner and take more money from the not-so savvy tech crowd (that knowledge is all over the place now--hell YT has easy videos on this)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You act like all they're working on are ROMs. Last time I read a few years ago after the VC was launched, the team that helps w/ that is fairly small compared to teams that actual develop games.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
:blessed: I was able to get one this morning at Best Buy they had 35 in stock. I actually lucked out my mom watches my kids for me and my wife when we go to work. She forgot I was off today so when she rung the bell and woke us up I was like you might as well just stay so I can hit the store real quick to get the kids a Nintendo:mjgrin:
My son was loving Excite Bike and Balloon Fight. He went from playing Nintendo to wanting to watch Transformers the Movie :wow: it's like reliving my childhood through him :mjcry:

Dat daycare cost savings, though.
:banderas:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
you are like most people... you think about your life and your friends

how many common folk know about emulators, where to get them, and how to run them?

then how many are going to run out and buy two controllers to play them?

then how many are going to hook that same computer up o the tv, regardless of how easy, everytime they want to play?

i used to work in best buy... people don't know shyt.. they will literally pay 180 dollars to geek squad to come hook up their router for them

$60 dollars for this is NOTHING

This.......... I used to work in an A/V store doing car stereo and home theater sales and installs. People will pay for the simplest stuff if it makes it easy for them . I did pc work on the side, same scenario, install a drive, fix their anti-virus, hook up a router, etc. I can remember doing home theater and going over a customers house to hook up a dvd player, receiver, tv, and surround speakers, they were all happy, paid me, and made dinner.

My aunt can barely manage to update her iPhone. Not saying she's dumb because she isn't but not everyone is tech savvy. For cats saying get an emulator, for me, I'm not trying to play a game on my laptop. Never been into it and I'd rather sit in front of a big tv. Just my preference. And the price is right so I didn't balk

This........

You're still in this thread dead serious whining about something you aren't going to buy and have absolutely no interest in? :why:

:deadrose:

Cats is seriously in here going hard with the hate because of what other people are spending their money on :wtf:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This.......... I used to work in an A/V store doing car stereo and home theater sales and installs. People will pay for the simplest stuff if it makes it easy for them . I did pc work on the side, same scenario, install a drive, fix their anti-virus, hook up a router, etc. I can remember doing home theater and going over a customers house to hook up a dvd player, receiver, tv, and surround speakers, they were all happy, paid me, and made dinner.

This........

:deadrose:

Cats is seriously in here going hard with the hate because of what other people are spending their money on :wtf:

Welcome to the internet. If they ain't happy nobody can be

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same.

I sometimes have to put myself in that person's shoes and imagine that they don't know or want to be bothered with doing things that someone like us would consider 2nd nature.

Plus it's business for someone so WHY wouldn't you want people who desire a more simple/streamlined solution??

I have had customers pay me just to install a software for them. I mean only an idiot would complain and go "OMG all u have to do is click next next and put the key in!!"

No, you just do it. They want you to do it, do it. Folks in here missing the point. Yeah it's easy(for us) to just download an emu/rom and then hook our PC up to the TV via HDMI but let's be reality that shyt ain't more convenient than a box with a controller that just plugs in and works.

Even I sometimes just don't feel like messing with my PC to play games at times. I have to often use a 3rd party program to get the controller to work and I have to use a wire because my blutooth adapter broke and often the DS4Windows program doesn't work as intended. Then I may run into the game not launching, and then having to deal with the game suddenly performing diferently/can't launch because a new update isn't playing nice with a mod I had. I literally stopped playing FO4 because of that. It's just annoying. I know on my PS4 everyday i turn it on, it just works. I press the PS button, it turns on, I select the game and 99% of the time it plays exactly the same.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Same.

I sometimes have to put myself in that person's shoes and imagine that they don't know or want to be bothered with doing things that someone like us would consider 2nd nature.

Plus it's business for someone so WHY wouldn't you want people who desire a more simple/streamlined solution??

I have had customers pay me just to install a software for them. I mean only an idiot would complain and go "OMG all u have to do is click next next and put the key in!!"

No, you just do it. They want you to do it, do it. Folks in here missing the point. Yeah it's easy(for us) to just download an emu/rom and then hook our PC up to the TV via HDMI but let's be reality that shyt ain't more convenient than a box with a controller that just plugs in and works.

Even I sometimes just don't feel like messing with my PC to play games at times. I have to often use a 3rd party program to get the controller to work and I have to use a wire because my blutooth adapter broke and often the DS4Windows program doesn't work as intended. Then I may run into the game not launching, and then having to deal with the game suddenly performing diferently/can't launch because a new update isn't playing nice with a mod I had. I literally stopped playing FO4 because of that. It's just annoying. I know on my PS4 everyday i turn it on, it just works. I press the PS button, it turns on, I select the game and 99% of the time it plays exactly the same.
Add to this that the main guy whining nonstop about this mini nes consistently says that convenience will always win

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think everyone can agree that the idea of this release is novel. Nostalgia and the official Nintendo release and packaging makes it worth it for collectors. Hypebeasts will be hypebeasts

What bothers me more, is that Nintendo is intentionally under shipping this to create an inflated sense of demand for such a niche product.

Still want one though :sadcam:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo! does anyone think these hackin kids can do some wild shyt with this lil system?
like adding games
music
movies
etc etc ??
I mean if we being %100 all Nintendo did was throw a modified Raspberry Pi in a plastic case and flipped then hoes

I'm almost certain Nintendo just saw this guy and thought :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

So hacking is definitely not out of the question

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean if we being %100 all Nintendo did was throw a modified Raspberry Pi in a plastic case and flipped then hoes

If you savvy enough to bother hacking this why not just get the games on any laptop built after 2003...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Definitely. If someone is buying this with the intention of hacking it they might as well save money and buy a raspberry pi and play all the retro games and consoles they want