nikkas really outchea letting their PAWGs call them "Life sized Golliwogs"?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Oh shyt!!!!! I'm watching Tales From The Hood 2 on Netflix and in the first 10 mins of the movie, they talk about Goliwogs!!!
:sadcam::lupe:
To follow up ,there's a black man whose talking about the goliwog in the museum, telling the white girl that it's not for sale . White girl responding typical white girl way - "it's just a doll, I don't see it as racist, why can't I have one ??" Black man says," it's not a doll...i!!!t's a tool, an instrument of manipulation that kills the spirit of who we really are by presenting the lies others wish to see "
That's deep :myman:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
That book is very popular over there?Theres no controversy about it over there?

I remember we read huck finn in high school , then there's a part of the book that talks about "Nigg... Jim"... a black male student in my class stood up and said - "I'm not reading this shyt!!!" Threw the book on the floor and walked out that class. I looked around at that other black students...and was like...I know we're not just gonna sit here and keep reading ...let's go, we followed him out ," we all got up and left. It was like 2 c00ns that stayed there. I called my father , he was mad af at the school, and he handled it from there. That was my first mini protest . lol. They let us read a book about black history instead.
Nah, or not that I ever heard of. shyt was sitting nicely in the Library like all the other Agatha Christie's books. Maybe some editors considered it inflammatory and tried to change it up by replacing "nègre" (=nigg*r) with "indien" (=indian=native american). But the original version is still available no problem.

I just typed the title in Google. Here's the story: it first came out in England in 1939 with the title "10 Little Nigg***". The next year, it was published in the United States titled "And Then They Were None" (which is the final line of the racist chant that is a major plot point in the book), probably due to the US race relations.

So I guess other countries first ran with a litteral translation of the original title not seeing it as inflammatory.

And your school story is hilarious :russ: Yall were damn right. I wish I would have done the same with my racist English teacher but I didn't know any better.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
agathabook.jpg

:dahell:

If this dude don’t break up with that bytch he’s the biggest c00n in history.
UK brehs what’s up with y’all

The original nursery rhyme for 10 little Indians was 10 little n8888rs. Just like eenie meanie miny moe was catch a n8888r by his toe originally

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
To follow up ,there's a black man whose talking about the goliwog in the museum, telling the white girl that it's not for sale . White girl responding typical white girl way - "it's just a doll, I don't see it as racist, why can't I have one ??" Black man says," it's not a doll...i!!!t's a tool, an instrument of manipulation that kills the spirit of who we really are by presenting the lies others wish to see "
That's deep :myman:
Downloading now.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot