Nike runs AD campaign featuring Black Londoners. Asians are furious

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
The god clip :mjpls: ruined the advert for me.

Lots of south Asians in London let's be honest.

But we're talking about the wrong things.

The advert is offensive with its white god, Nike is a crap company with crap morals and sweatshops in 2018.

And their clothing is over priced rubbish that their trying to shove it all down black people's throats.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The god clip :mjpls: ruined the advert for me.

Lots of south Asians in London let's be honest.

But we're talking about the wrong things.

The advert is offensive with its white god, Nike is a crap company with crap morals and sweatshops in 2018.

And their clothing is over priced rubbish that their trying to shove it all down black people's throats.

Quick question, do you know who the coach for the English National Team is? :mjgrin:

The closest thing in America would be the equivalent of a little kid saying "I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than playing for the Patriots"

And then cuts away to Bill Belicheck choosing him via lightning strike.

I say "closest thing" because there is nothing in America as popular as "Soccer" is in England.

Just wanted to give you some context :ehh:

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
cant really complain, nike created a sports hijib for asain women, asains were in the advert , maybe they didnt get big roles but who cares , its not about colour or shouldn't even be about that, its culture, young london culture , i personally feel like nike did a very good job here and it could of been way worse

me personally i see it as fake outrage
08HIJAB2-web-blog427.jpg

it wasn't created for just asians the hijab is not an "asian" thing it was created for all muslim women of all races/ethnic backgrounds.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So y’all call Indians and Pakistanis ‘Asians’ in the UK? :ohhh:

Wow, I thought that term was reserved worldwide for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc....

Y’all actually call East Asians “Orientals” ??? isn’t that considered a pejorative word :ohhh:

I heard a Indian dude over here talk shyt about Asians the other day and he was clearly talikin about Chinese ppl. It’s crazy how different places have different meanings for things :wow:
have you never travelled the world? how could you think this?

no people don't call them orientals, usually the ignorantly call all of them Chinese, or some just say Asian or some say eastern asian