NieR Automata OT [PS4 | PC| XB1] NieRly had another exclusive

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So it took me 17 hours to reach the first real ending, ending A.

Game then tells you to keep playing the shyt cause more story etc. Im guessing same as the first Nier. OG Nier had a more impactful first ending but the subsequent ones really made you feel like shyt. Lets see how it goes.
This combat is so gat damn Fluid.

I would never get my ads handed to me for 11 hours while enduring shyt combat :whew:

Best combat animation this gen.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I will add one thing. Dont forget to recover your corpse. Sounds obvious but I ran by it, then reached a point of no return and was not allowed to go back to the area where the corpse was. I lost my auto heal chip and a few other good ones indefinitely it seems. Not sure if the body will appear again in the 2nd playthrough. (EDIT- Body is still there on second playthrough so im good :whew:)

(EDIT 2- Corpse is located at a spot where I cannot go so actually Im fukked, gotta get to near end game to get my shyt back again :francis:)

Also I can confirm that the next playthroughs are definitely NOT the same shyt whatsoever.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:gucci: breh the fukk are you doing
Play it on hard and ull see what the fukk I was doin nikka stoppit

Getting one shotted from orbs, bosses and robots is what the fukk I was doing.

You damn near have you play the level flawlessly and every time you die you go all the way back to the intro. Ain't no checkpoints and its hard. Bruh.

I went through that while you were playing on normal so hopefully you won't have to Go through that. Stoppit

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When's this coming to PC? Steam is in the dark about it :beli:

Might have to pick up the PS4 version :francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This desert stage is nice. These enemies are nice

This combat is epic.

My god this game

I was a little wary when I saw the 2nd stage but once I started the side missions instead of exploring for no reason game got epic. Especially with that desert stage.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
This desert stage is nice. These enemies are nice

This combat is epic.

My god this game

I was a little wary when I saw the 2nd stage but once I started the side missions instead of exploring for no reason game got epic. Especially with that desert stage.
:ufdup: this is why i was saying this game is better then XV

llt23

All Star
Daps
Yeah Im not really buying that.

Nier's combat is what it is. Nioh's is wayyyy more fleshed out and about 20 times more deep. Shouldnt really mislead people like that.

Even as you progress further the different pods you get dont really change your combat style much at all. Mind you I am playing through the second playthrough of this game and I have played the original to completion as well.....To be really real I feel like the pod was better used in the OG, the specials were a main part of your gameplay whereas in this game they are a special move you use every few seconds while you are always holding r1 and pressing square and triangle. The OG gave you more control over those specials, and the passive ones like the ourouboros were way more effective and lasted longer in the OG. This is pretty much a hack and slash through and through when it comes to combat with other genres sprinkled in. The only other difference between this and the OG Nier is that r2 timed right gives you that auto dodge, whereas the OG you just had a diving roll. Its still the same shyt. The actual gun battles, the hacking mini games, the vertical shooter, side shooter, and twin stick shooter sections are all new and I do appreciate those.

Also I will say this too. I didnt find any of the boss battles particularly interesting(gameplay wise) aside from when I had played the demo. Think the bullet hell aspect of the main combat style gameplay was overblown, the boss shown in the e3 videos or whatever was not as fun to fight as it was to see in video.

I really like this game but I think this should only be recommended to JRPG fans. I wouldnt recommend this game to someone who just plays solely mainstream titles like Last of Us, Uncharted and sports games to be honest. Dont think they would like it. This is a game thats meant to be played moreso for the RPG aspect, the story etc than its combat. The demo was misleading IMO, it is a set piece that makes the game look like a spectacular action game. Its really not.

I will also add that the first ending was not as strong whatsoever compared to the ending of the first Nier. I am happy that they are maintaining the same ideas for the multiple playthroughs to flesh it all out and show you different perspectives etc we'll see if they have a true bigger reveal near the end. As of where im at now though the OG >>>> Automata. Like I said tho doesnt mean I am disappointed I am happy with the game just stating my opinion