Nicki only @ 475K after 6 weeks

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
shyt we knew she wasnt gonna sell as much as the first album with all the hype and the features she was on. But she done had a damn good run working on three years in the spotlight. Gold aint nothing to be afraid of in this climate.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
nicki has broken thru the hip-hop cuture of big first week numbers, she's in white america's consciousness now getting that pop radio money...her album is gonna be doing numbers a year from now...that's how pop albums sell, it isn't a fickle market like hip-hop where everyone rushes out to cop it one week, listens to it and hears how trash it is and the album falls off the charts forever...this is a classic hip-hop/pop album that is going to be doing numbers for months and months and months

when its 3 times platinum by the end of the year ill bump this thread :jawalrus:

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
i think for a female whos first 'anything' dropped in 2010 and who found her gimmick steez in 09, (cuz in 07 her flow was much different..her body was even different)... i would think that here in 2012 she woulda sold more than 475k+ in 6 weeks..especially when you have so many twitter followers. you're international, you did the superbowl2012....etc.
im not hating.. shes already averaged 80,000 sold per week for that past 6 weeks.
hopefully she keeps on climbing.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
I remember I started a thread back on the old site about how her album sales were looking shaky from the door... 6 weeks later and sounds like I'm in the ballpark. Struggling for platinum and creeping to gold.

I have no idea why folks don't like to see the writing on the wall. Everything comes to an end. Everything. Nicki isn't the first pop/rap artist to come and go and she won't be the last. She's in the 2 most fickle markets in music and folks think it's "gonna" last because she's "dope" and creative. She is also NOT the first decent artist to disappear within a few years as well.

It's like this. Most artists with decent record sales get a 3-4 year run. If they have a couple good albums, then 5-6. Nicki may be a 3-4 year artist, which is good. But she's already on year 3.

The Christina Agulieras and the Nellys of the world still put out singles LONG after their time in the sun had passed. But they couldn't sell records to save their lives now. That will be Nicki. Music moves on and people move on.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I remember I started a thread back on the old site about how her album sales were looking shaky from the door... 6 weeks later and sounds like I'm in the ballpark. Struggling for platinum and creeping to gold.

I have no idea why folks don't like to see the writing on the wall. Everything comes to an end. Everything. Nicki isn't the first pop/rap artist to come and go and she won't be the last. She's in the 2 most fickle markets in music and folks think it's "gonna" last because she's "dope" and creative. She is also NOT the first decent artist to disappear within a few years as well.

It's like this. Most artists with decent record sales get a 3-4 year run. If they have a couple good albums, then 5-6. Nicki may be a 3-4 year artist, which is good. But she's already on year 3.

The Christina Agulieras and the Nellys of the world still put out singles LONG after their time in the sun had passed. But they couldn't sell records to save their lives now. That will be Nicki. Music moves on and people move on.

quality post

:cheers:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
maybe its just me, or the fact that i don't listen to her, but i still don't understand how or what she did to turn on her fanbase :dwillhuh: i mean she seem like the exact same nicki as the first album... she still dress and act weird, she still make goofy ass songs, but nikkas is makin it sound like she turned brand new. i dont understand how any of this shyt appeals to two polarizing fanbases. wtf did she do???

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
maybe its just me, or the fact that i don't listen to her, but i still don't understand how or what she did to turn on her fanbase :dwillhuh: i mean she seem like the exact same nicki as the first album... she still dress and act weird, she still make goofy ass songs, but nikkas is makin it sound like she turned brand new. i dont understand how any of this shyt appeals to two polarizing fanbases. wtf did she do???

She was a pop act. On her second album she didn't change much....but she tried to go even further pop.

The funny thing about pop fans is, they hop from trend to trend. Unless you're somebody like Gaga or Katy Perry, you are gonna have a short run. So it's not as if she fell off, or "did" anything per se....her run is just coming to an end, which is right on schedule for a pop star's career.

Fred.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
she played out.. simple as that

that'd be one thing, but i keep seein shyt like

She was fence sitting with this album in an attempt to capture both the pop and urban crowds. That is the move of someone who doesn't know or trust her core audience.

Pretty much.

I don't like to see someone not become successful or not make accomplishments, but this chick is all over the place right now.

She sold out too fast. Thought she could just hurdle over her core fanbase and spit in their faces. Now look at her, flattened, trash and finished. Its so angelic, friends. :sitdown:

etc. i'm not understandin when where why or how this big change happened. it honestly seem like the exact same nicki as before. she really aint have much wiggle room to 'sell out' or 'go pop' cuz far as i could tell thats how she always been since her debut

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
shyt shocked me when my 15yr old neice said NO ONE @ her high school fukks with her..

they clown her n shyt..

i had the album dl'd for her.. thinkin shed be all hype.. she literally laughed in my face..

this in LA.... not some country ss place where the folow whats hot a year after it pops off...

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
quality post

:cheers:

Appreciate it. I do what I can. I just think some people ride for a crew way too hard yet don't see the signs that things are running out. It's not wishing for a downfall, it's just the flow of life. Folks come and folks go. Very few stay around for the long haul in music.