Nicki only @ 475K after 6 weeks

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
I am, by no means, a fan of Nicki, but Kermit's right (daps a Muppet)

How is bragging about the UNsuccess of ANYBODY chat-worthy?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Angelic may refer to:
Angel, a supernatural being
Angelic (band), a British trance band
Angelic acid, an organic compound
Angelic de Grimoard, brother of Pope Urban V
Angelic Encounters, a Dutch musical band called Thanatos
Angelic language (disambiguation)
Angelic Layer, a 1999 Japanese comics
Angelic Organics, a community-supported agriculture farm in Caledonia, Illinois, United States
Angelic Pretty, a Japanese fashion company
Angelic Society, a secret society
Angelic tongues, a term related to a Jewish theme
Angelic Upstarts, an English musical band
Devic kingdom, mystical beings
Enochian, the supposed language of the angels in occult and some Christian practices
The Angelic Conversation (disambiguation)

:wtf:

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
I hope that with the death of Nicki Minaj's career will follow the death of Aubrey's career as well. That ho-ass nikka's got to go, along with Wayne and every other YMCMB-type rapper.

Every new rapper today that's been influenced by the YMCMB type rappers all sound exactly the same. Flow wise and even voice wise a lot of the time. Lyrics are boring and devoid of substance and just all around c00nish in general. :flabbynsick:

:to:

:boss:

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
its not good for someone like her who's everywhere and like the nikka up top said she had no idea who her audience is and what they wanted.

but :snoop: at nikkas who want her and YMCMB to be gone. thats some bytch nikka shyt.

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
I hope that with the death of Nicki Minaj's career will follow the death of Aubrey's career as well. That ho-ass nikka's got to go, along with Wayne and every other YMCMB-type rapper.

Every new rapper today that's been influenced by the YMCMB type rappers all sound exactly the same. Flow wise and even voice wise a lot of the time. Lyrics are boring and devoid of substance and just all around c00nish in general. :flabbynsick:

:to:

Drake has a core fanbase, Drake makes pretty good music and Drake doesnt try to appeal to every one, ill let him live but the rest of them nikkas need to fade fast. None of them know who they are and cant drop good albums to save themselves. IANAHB is Wayne's last chance to prove he still knows who he is as a artist.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
She was fence sitting with this album in an attempt to capture both the pop and urban crowds. That is the move of someone who doesn't know or trust her core audience.
In which of those worlds, is half a million albums sold in 2 months in 2012, some career ending failure...in the rap world, that makes her the only female rapper with the ability to sell any records at all...and the year to date highest selling artist, male or female, in the entire genre...there prolly won't be more than 5 rap albums in total to sell that much all year...in the female pop world, she's putting up the same type of numbers as the Rihannas and Katy Perrys of the world...with a current single still in the top 5 and somewhere in the neighborhood of 3million sold...a bunch of pop singles that I'm sure we'll all hate, but will be eaten up by the pop crowd and allow them to work this album well into next year...new major corporate endorsement deals and tour dates all over the world

Nicki's not going anywhere folks...not anytime soon at least

emoney

custom user title
Daps
In which of those worlds, is half a million albums sold in 2 months in 2012, some career ending failure...in the rap world, that makes her the only female rapper with the ability to sell any records at all...and the year to date highest selling artist, male or female, in the entire genre...there prolly won't be more than 5 rap albums in total to sell that much all year...in the pop world, she's putting up the same type of numbers as the Rihannas and Katy Perrys of the world...with a current single still in the top 5 and somewhere in the neighborhood of 3million sold...a bunch of pop singles that I'm sure we'll all hate, but will be eaten up by the pop crowd and allow them to work this album well into next year...new major corporate endorsement deals and tour dates all over the world

Nicki's not going anywhere folks...not anytime soon at least

I never stated she was a failure. I actually like that Nicki Minaj has a presence in music right now...she looks good and her wacky personality is refreshing in the rap game. What I said was that with this album she was "fence sitting" musically. Her selection of 'Starships' and 'Beez in the trap' as co-lead singles is evidence of her indecisiveness of whether to be a pop artist or stay true to her urban roots. Now, when we consider the increased budget and marketing that went into her latest project it's clear that her record label had big sales expectations. I think we can all agree that gold in 2 months probably fall below those expectations. So ultimately she under-achieved.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
not as if i'm a fan, but that's 475,000 more units than you've sold in your entire life.

stop hating.

Shut down the Coli and the innanets! Ain't no one tryna see simple nikkas speak on someone they find mediocre, over hyped, and excessively c00ned up :krs:

:childplease:

Real talk, tho. Shoulda just stuck to spittin and being the real. Tryna get that white money on purpose, and not let them come at you for that hood heat ain't winning nothing. Don't cross over to them, let them cross over to you :birdman:

Desperate reality show on stand by :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
not as if i'm a fan, but that's 475,000 more units than you've sold in your entire life.

stop hating.

He don't have an album out. She does, and it flopped.

:snoop: at you watching football scared to criticize obviously terrible plays because you won't ever be in the NFL. I guess that dumb ass logic makes sense to you?

Fred.

----

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think she ever really "stopped spitting" to be real, I don't think she was ever capable of spitting something worth listening to...Her life is a gimmick b, look at her whole persona, with the fake split personalities, dressing like shes autistic and the whole "barbz" thing, if a rapper like jay, nas or really any other rapper who has some type of rhyming ability pulled some silly shyt like that they would be laughed at. People just giving her a break cause shes a bytch, fukk that be seen and not heard then.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this chick had me with her scotty beam me up tape, then the features, her first album was meh to me based on her previous work, and this album is hideous. she's not a singer at all, and the pop songs sound like trash, at least katy perry and rihrih makes cool pop music. hopefully she'll say fukk it and start really spitting again, but either way, i don't care and don't matter since i don't buy her albums :manny:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I never stated she was a failure. I actually like that Nicki Minaj has a presence in music right now...she looks good and her wacky personality is refreshing in the rap game. What I said was that with this album she was "fence sitting" musically. Her selection of 'Starships' and 'Beez in the trap' as co-lead singles is evidence of her indecisiveness of whether to be a pop artist or stay true to her urban roots. Now, when we consider the increased budget and marketing that went into her latest project it's clear that her record label had big sales expectations. I think we can all agree that gold in 2 months probably fall below those expectations. So ultimately she under-achieved.
I hear you...That fence was already jumped and straddled years ago though...

Her first album was filled with top 40 aimed mainstream records...she prolly threw a couple more bones to the strictly "urban" crowd on this one than she did on the first one, with the 2Chainz, Nas and Cam'Ron features...but her lane as the hybrid urban/pop artist or whatever has been already established for a while now...far as her budget and marketing, I'm not privy to anything more the label did that the didn't do with the other one...they filmed a big ass Hype Williams video with choppers and all that for Massive Attack, and the song flopped and didn't even make the album....from what I can tell, most of the stuff that gave her a higher profile this time around came from people coming to her and putting money in her pockets (Madonna features, commercial campaigns, award show performances, etc.) because of her pop hits...rather than anything extra the label had to do...but yeah I'm sure they hoped for her to do more than she did last night rather than less, they wanted a Gaga and only got a Rihanna...but it's kinda like expecting a 50 point game from somebody in a NBA game, and them "only" scoring 30

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He don't have an album out. She does, and it flopped.

:snoop: at you watching football scared to criticize obviously terrible plays because you won't ever be in the NFL. I guess that dumb ass logic makes sense to you?

Fred.

we're talking about SALES, units sold. she has reached gold status in an industry plagued by low sales across all genres. so, no, my logic is fine. he hasn't sold shyt, while she's on the cusp of gold, with over 475k sold in a short amount of time.

to me, that's hardly a failure, no matter how hard haters like yourself try to paint it as such.

nikki is making money -- he isn't. that's really all that matters, when assessing what she's succeeded and failed at.