Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:@ these gifs, but none of this stuff has happened, lol. May happen, but none of it has happened.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Guys on the radio had a good alternative to Saban to Texas.

What if he's holding out to take Shanahan's place in DC. :ohhh:

It makes sense. He's done all he could do in the college ranks and him failing in Miami probably weighs on him a lot. Now he's had time to reflect and take on a new challenge full steam ahead. If Carroll could do it, why can't Saban? :lupe:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Damn I figured Saban would leave sooner than later, but there would be no way in hell I could turn down that money from Texas...

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
they said the same thing when he was in the running for the bama job

you forget that Bama surrendered almost all control over to Saban of that program

Different program, different power structure in place. Yes Saban could STILL go, but alotta people are just oversimplifying his thought process like getting more money is the sole reason he's gonna go. I think he stays at Bama, I just don't think the fit in Texas is a good one and I don think Texas big money boosters would stay outta his way considering the significant investment they would be making in bringing Saban to Texas. But we'll see

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Saban leaves. But a poster made an intriguing point what if Saban went to the Redskins? Snyder would pay him 12 million probably. And it might burn his soul to know he failed in the NFL and people like Carroll and Harbaugh are stud coaches in the league. :patrice:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I think Saban leaves. But a poster made an intriguing point what if Saban went to the Redskins? Snyder would pay him 12 million probably. And it might burn his soul to know he failed in the NFL and people like Carroll and Harbaugh are stud coaches in the league. :patrice:

Less politics in the NFL too.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Here's what I got.

In talking to various sources plugged into the Alabama and Texas sides, it seems Nick Saban is roughly $20 million in the hole due to investments with LSU and Alabama alums. These investments are predominantly in the commercial real estate space. For his trouble, Nick Saban is not a happy camper with these two alumni bases and has a hole in his retirement plan that Mark Ingram could run through. Additionally, I'm told Texas and the Longhorn Foundation have "passed the hat" to provide a dollar amount up front that nearly makes Nick Saban whole after these defunct investments. Call it the Lamarr Houston/Roy Miller investment strategy. The mechanism used to fund this "bonus" will be off the books in order to make the total compensation package more politically palatable when it's officially announced. Texas does not want to be perceived as the Yankees and again, I don't want to help negotiations with enemy.

As far as conventional compensation, look for the number to be right around eight million a year for six years with a two-year option. This structure makes it more acceptable to the BOR and the academics in the school. Don't tell them how much the athletic department contributes to the general fund because they won't listen. Just know that the football men understand how the perception game is played.

Trust me, I understand that there's always a counter offer in these deals, but I'm told that the Bama president does not want to get in a bidding war against Texas because she doesn't want it to seem like Bama is a semi-pro team. Again, this is the academic's mindset at work. She's, after all, Bill Powers' peer or at least is attempting to be. Add this item to the fact that Bama's Athletic Director Bill Battle has gotten sideways with Saban, and it doesn't bode well for the Tide. One final piece is Chancellor Witt.

Dr. Witt is the only ally that Saban has at the administrative level at Bama and he happens to be a Texas guy. Yes, Dr. Witt has a soft spot in his heart for Texas, and has told folks close to the Texas AD that he thinks Saban is headed to Austin.

If Saban is announced as the Texas head football coach in the next few days, fans will be in line to enjoy an historic change in culture and football operations in general.

Like you, I will enjoy the process.

In other words, I will look forward to Nick Saban's process.

:lupe:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Mack is being a stubborn old man. May delay his resignation/firing long enough that we could miss on Saban. Others are in line to be contacted but y'all wouldn't believe the names if I told you. Also a lot of this is based on the Powers issue that doesn't get resolved until Thursday afternoon.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I think Mack is out Friday at the latest. They gonna force him out if he don't step down. Now that Powers situation seems like the boosters flexing on the University President to fall in line. They reminding him who pays the bills.