Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Nah, I think Mack is out Friday at the latest. They gonna force him out if he don't step down. Now that Powers situation seems like the boosters flexing on the University President to fall in line. They reminding him who pays the bills.

Boosters don't really have anything to do with the Powers situations. Its more the Board of Regents and the clout Rick Perry has with them. Friday is to late. Mack needs to be gone by end of business day today, tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry, I mean Board of Regents. But we all know the boosters have a lot of pull with Board of Regents. And ya, Rick Perry has been wanted Powers gone. But you got to see the correlation, Powers is one of the few that wanted to keep Mack. The boosters are in the ears and pockets of the board of Regents, so they using the Regents to flex on Powers. True there is a personal beef between Powers and Perry though.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
ib1D9qkyHyfLRF.gif

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Sorry, I mean Board of Regents. But we all know the boosters have a lot of pull with Board of Regents. And ya, Rick Perry has been wanted Powers gone. But you got to see the correlation, Powers is one of the few that wanted to keep Mack. The boosters are in the ears and pockets of the board of Regents, so they using the Regents to flex on Powers. True there is a personal beef between Powers and Perry though.

Mack is gone regardless, the only question left is will he resign or be fired. Powers can't save him at this point. Powers may actually come out of that meeting with a raise.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mack is gone by Friday brehs my homie on the team just told me hes gona tell the players themselves, everyone in the locker room already knows tho.

Theres still a feeling that hes gona be involved with the school tho :patrice:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
"Just scratch Nick Saban from the list. Immediately scratch that, and then go from there."

"There's no chance. No chance of that happening. Nick Saban will work TV sitting next to us on our set before he'll be the head coach at Texas … He'll be at Alabama for another five years, and then he'll be working TV after that … I know Nick Saban better than anybody. It's not going to happen."

Herbie getting a little brave...lest we forget.

herbie.jpg

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Herbie getting a little brave...lest we forget.

herbie.jpg
This the same coward buckeye scumbag piece of garbage who said BEFORE THE BCS TITLE GAME that les miles WAS the coach of michigan, spilling the beans and ruining everything. Typical buckeye education gap.

I hope he enjoys watching his buckeyes get HOUSED by Clemson on New Years :rudy:

Last edited:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
This the same coward buckeye scumbag piece of garbage who said BEFORE THE BCS TITLE GAME that les miles WAS the coach of michigan, spilling the beans and ruining everything. Typical buckeye education gap.

I hope he enjoys watching his buckeyes get HOUSED by stanford on New Years :rudy:

You mean clemson lol

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
If Saban is really $20 mil in the hole, he'll take that job. Hell I would too, and I HATE Texas :birdman:.

But $20 mil debt is alot of money regardless of who the individual is. I know there's some rich ppl in Alabama too tho, they need to step up if they want him.

They have old money down there too

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Breh how much truth is in this thread? We just having fun out here. Do we wanna keep Saban? Ofcourse! Am I gonna cry in the car if Saban leaves? You damn right. But this is The mighty fukkin Tide we talkin bout here we aint going nowhere. No sense in being a lil bytch and gettin in our feelings when we cant do anything about whats goin on.
:deadrose:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Saban is really $20 mil in the hole, he'll take that job. Hell I would too, and I HATE Texas :birdman:.

But $20 mil debt is alot of money regardless of who the individual is. I know there's some rich ppl in Alabama too tho, they need to step up if they want him.

They have old money down there too

Yeah...Its some long money here, and a good piece of it belongs to Alabama alumni and associates....They're probably huddled up in some 5 star hotel executive suite right now getting a game plan together

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Checked SECRant. A plane flew in to Tuscaloosa from Austin this morning. One of Paul Bryant Jr's planes. :lupe: