Nick Cannon Says His Preference for Non-Black Women Stems from his Mother Being a “Very Light-Skinned, Mixed-Raced Woman”

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I’m a little shocked by the outrage. Nick essentially saying the same shyt them ADOS/FBA nikkas say all the time…
:sas2:

But Imma let yall cook tho
:mjgrin:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Getting on DR Umar to discuss mental gymnastics is stupid

Just say you prefer lighter skin racially ambiguous women

It's plenty to brehs with darker skinned moms that do too.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Except that's not true. And I'm not sure why people are taking this nitwit who has an absurd love for fellating white atheletes and who says shyt like this as if he's saying anything other than talking out of his own ass:

I mean really now. Anyone co-signing this idiot at this point is beyond stupid.

You are insecure. You appreciate anything that resembles whatever nonsense you have rattling around in that empty head of yours. We get it, you have issues. Go seek therapy instead of looking for validation on an oldhead hip-hop board.
Negro hush. If you actually LIVED as a young darker hued girl you would totally understand. The amount of YOUNG men who literally express their preference for LS girls is staggering and it begins to shift as brehs get older. You can ask any girl in HS or undergrad and she will tell you the same.

No one says women of deeper complexions don’t get love, but the female beauty standard for Black folks is LS women, like for white ppl everyone knows “blonde hair/blue eyes” is the standard for them, to the point their women may dye their hair and wear blue contacts. It is what it is.

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
nick just be babbling. so desperatly trying to sound smart at every turn. but the more he talks the more stupid he shows himself to be

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
The victim complex is so embarrassing.
The only victim complex I see is from you guys who think that the reason why you can't get with someone is because of your dark skin and not because you're too fat, too stupid, too ugly, or have too annoying of a personality for any person to deal with. You guys wear your often times self-inflicted traumas on your sleeves to the point it seeps into all points of your own reality then act surprised when someone can pick up on that and are turned off by that, and bushes you all with the quickness. This is what bothers brehs. Not your skin, your insanity. The ones that aren't crazy can find a man easily. There are plenty of them on this board. Hell, some of the ones that are crazy can find a man while you guys are on here with the biggest victim complexes in the world projecting your issues onto other people on a Nepalese sports forum. But you're supposed to be the sane ones, right? I understand. This is the only chance you have to have any contact, any discussion with a real man but all you're doing is making yourselves look crazy. It's fukking weird.

No discourse on the economic issues attached to this issues, no discourse on the educational discourse attached to this issues, that's a worthwhile discussion. No, instead, it's all about some women being traumatized because they don't have access to the amount of black dikk they think they should have. Y'all are literally in shambles because you don't have access to all the black dikk you want. That's wild.

Y'all out here literally lying on and trying to lead a bunch of brehs by their nose due to y'all being a bunch of greedy ass hoes with an insatiable lust for black dikk. The state of some of y'all. :dead:

I should be flattered but still, this is too much. :hubie:

Why can’t we talk about it? Why are you so defensive? What is the problem with having these discussions?

Y’all always talking about some “who cares” “do what you want” “they gone hate anyway” just shamelessly boring, depth-less, zero desire to analyze or critique anything beyond rudimentary standards, zero desire to interrogate pathological behaviors, just vibes for y’all. I don’t understand men who have no desire to be men, lead, take charge, and interrogate behaviors that affect their community. It’s bizarre to feel no inclination to critique. Where’s the self reflection? Community reflection? Where is the depth ANYWHERE? I mean what do y’all ever care about?

This man said his black american mother was mixed race and lied to our faces to justify impregnating 17 latinas. Sorry but I have QUESTIONS. Why would he lie on his own mama to defend himself?

This shyt is not normal y’all. It is not. But y’all don’t like conversations. Everything is “who cares”. Y’all gone “who cares” yourselves to extinction and dysfunction.
:what:
You have questions? Then ask him. Hot damn. Motherfukkers will have all the questions in the world for someone but don't realize they should ask the person who they have questions for.

You can talk about this all you want but don't lie. It's like if I wanted to talk about black women being the most overweight or obese group in America and tried to claim it was because they are all lazy and eat too much. That's a fukking lie being attached to a true statistic. It does a disservice to all groups involved. Again again and again, I only ever have to explain these things to black women on this board. Y'all claim you want to have "a conversation" but you want to have one built on lies instead of truth and that's fukking weird. That's not fukking normal. I'd say you only see 4cac tier white supremacists moving like this but even then, they tend to have more respect for the truth than some of y'all. That's fukking telling.

Conversations about the black community, should not be built on lies about the black community. It's fukking telling that this needs to be said on a supposedly predominately black message board.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Negro hush. If you actually LIVED as a young darker hued girl you would totally understand. The amount of YOUNG men who literally express their preference for LS girls is staggering and it begins to shift as brehs get older. You can ask any girl in HS or undergrad and she will tell you the same.
bytch stop. Most black men? MOST? That's what was said. That said, again and again and again, this is the problem. You guys build who realities based on your traumas. That's fukking weird. A lot of dark skin guys went through it but I'm not seeing them put shyt on most or all black women. That would be disingenuous as fukk. They understand that. Why can't y'all? :beli:

No one says women of deeper complexions don’t get love, but the female beauty standard for Black folks is LS women,
Based on what? Show me actual proof. An actual stat and not something that belongs in some traumatized girl's diary entry. I'm tired of playing around and want actual poor of this shyt.

like for white ppl everyone knows “blonde hair/blue eyes” is the standard for them, to the point their women may dye their hair and wear blue contacts. It is what it is.
icegif-556.gif

I need some proof of this shyt too. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
What's your m.o?

What do you want to have happen on this issue?
I like it when ppl don’t play in other people’s faces on obvious stuff.

Like I just said in another response- Black women of all complexions get love, but if people get honest and talk about attraction, preferences, etc most of this stuff starts when we are young. Every darker skinned young woman has to deal with the complexion discussion, whether it’s being told that guys prefer LS or that even though she’s dark she’s pretty for a dark skinned girl.

It’s not insecurity as someone tried to say earlier, it’s a lived experience.

It’s the same reason people acknowledge that LS women are placed on a pedestal. What’s the opposite of that experience?

It does get better as people get older because the media and cultural influence can fall back a little and people begin to acknowledge beauty/attractive features in different complexions. But when you’re young what he said in that comment is the attitude that darker skinned girls get from a lot of dudes.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
His mother and Mariah favor, similar complexion, light colored hair and hooded eyes.

Colorism is a real problem. But it's non sequitur to assume every black man with this preference is a colorist.
palm-springs-ca-beth-gardner-attends-a-screening-of-king-of-the-dancehall-at-the-28th-annual.jpg

1242133-2006_new_heights.jpg

Braman

Superstar
Daps
As someone who uses the last emoji on the keyboard I am fascinated by how many black folk think like this. It is definitely an ingrained self hate thing that people see themselves as lighter than they are.

I’ve been doing an unofficial study for over 10 years now:

I am not the darkest person I know. But I am the ONLY person I know that uses this 🤷🏿‍♂️ color emoji. Everyone goes down a shade to a lighter one

But the kicker is, super light bright folk do the opposite! They OVER compensate. Nggas TI complexion will be like 👋🏾

I’ve noticed this for YEARS