Ni No Kuni 2 (Official Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The game is straight. Pretty early on and I've got 3 of 4 known party members but I've met 4.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
The game is straight. Pretty early on and I've got 3 of 4 known party members but I've met 4.
Im already liking the combat more then i thought i would. Theres already alot more to it than i thought there would be.

Loving it so far. Higgledies are the shyt :heh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Im already liking the combat more then i thought i would. Theres already alot more to it than i thought there would be.

Loving it so far. Higgledies are the shyt :heh:
The bosses have been so easy it’s like they’re normal enemies. I’ve come closer to losing in regular fights with mobs of enemies than boss fights. I just got the kingmaker and the boss fight to get it was so easy I didn’t need to heal or use the pikmin things or even use magic.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
The bosses have been so easy it’s like they’re normal enemies. I’ve come closer to losing in regular fights with mobs of enemies than boss fights. I just got the kingmaker and the boss fight to get it was so easy I didn’t need to heal or use the pikmin things or even use magic.
Im about 3 hours in, on my way to the kingmaker, and yea unfortunately its stupidly easy so far :francis:.

Realy hoping it gets tougher cause i love everything else, but it being so easy sucks.

I seen some people say, reviews said it does get harder but we'll see

Last edited:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Tove the Tenebrous is mad OP. He and his followers practically one-shot the kingmaker boss with that dark magic bomb. :deadrose:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is likely gonna be a very divisive game. The budget went into the visuals clearly but the rest of the game suffers from cut corners. It feels like a low budget affair here.

The story is serviceable but not particularly interesting at this point. It has potential but somehow I question if it will ever get deep. I'd like to see the kid struggling with the hard decisions a king would have to make and that developing his character but I get the feeling he'll always be this story appointed good king in the making with no real change in his wishy washy idealist pacifism.

Roland seemingly has no importance to anything. He seems to be there as a reverse Vann (FF XII) character for people that don't want to play as a child protagonist. Evan is the main character but Roland was put there for people to latch onto. I find myself wanting to play as him and considering him my avatar.

At this point I haven't got too deep into the battle system because spamming quick attack kills everything. There's been no need for strategy at all. Roll in and attack then roll away from there repeat.

Overall this is a decent title but it had the pieces to be a great one. The IGN review is spot on. I think other reviews will end up giving the game a much higher score just because it's stylish with its visuals.

I'd say 7.5 at this point but we'll see if that changes.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
10hrs in and I find myself asking how dope of a game it would be if they took all of these systems and artwork and slapped the Naruto Universe on top of it. :ahh:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
10hrs in and I find myself asking how dope of a game it would be if they took all of these systems and artwork and slapped the Naruto Universe on top of it. :ahh:
fukk that, Dragon Ball instead :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've gotten a bit deeper into the game. The kingdom builder is pretty much the heart of the game. You do fetch quest and monster kills to recruit people to your kingdom and build as well as upgrade the facilities they work in to improve your gear, items, and magic. The main story is still child's play but there are more challenging optional fights scattered throughout the world map. You'll need to kingdom build to take on that stuff. 90% of the dialog is unvoiced. There will be major cutscenes that start out unvoiced and have some voice work at the very end. It's weird.

If you get into the kingdom building you could get lost in this game for hours. The value in this game is the kingdom building, side quest, and extra monsters rather than the main story. That's also where the real challenge is.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I've gotten a bit deeper into the game. The kingdom builder is pretty much the heart of the game. You do fetch quest and monster kills to recruit people to your kingdom and build as well as upgrade the facilities they work in to improve your gear, items, and magic. The main story is still child's play but there are more challenging optional fights scattered throughout the world map. You'll need to kingdom build to take on that stuff. 90% of the dialog is unvoiced. There will be major cutscenes that start out unvoiced and have some voice work at the very end. It's weird.

If you get into the kingdom building you could get lost in this game for hours. The value in this game is the kingdom building, side quest, and extra monsters rather than the main story. That's also where the real challenge is.
I plan on getting the platinum trophy for this so thats good to hear.

Its a shame the whole thing isnt voice acted cause the voice acting that is there, is actually realy good. Im pretty much over that aspect but it is still unfortunate