NFL What have we learned Week 1

Daps
Terry McLaurin needs to demand a goddamn trade or start acting like the rest of the WR1s around the league who get the ball thrown to them when they voice displeasure about not getting touches. He's suffered through QB hell long enough.

And I say this as someone who thinks Daniels has all the potential in the world.

At some point, it needs to start getting discussed how Joe Burrow, like most QBs, isn't one who can carry a roster missing any notable offensive pieces.
I've said 50-11 times...

Mahomes is #1 and there's a healthy gap between him and #2. You can make arguments for Burrow, Allen, Hurts, Herbert, Purdy, Dak, Tua etc., but all those guys IMO are on the same tier below Patty Mo.

Mahomes could retire right now and he's in the HOF. No other starter except A-Aron and Russ is a guaranteed lock, especially 1st ballot. Dak gets the most shyt by far of the Tier 2 QBs but ain't nann starting QB born in 1990 or later has a ring except for Pat.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
When are we gonna have the honest conversation about Joe Burrow...not sayin he bum status but errbody tabbed him the best QB or 2nd best discounting the fact he had Chase, Higgin, Boyd and Milton. Talent matters- just sayin...media says this about Hurts (surrounded by talent but never said this about Joe)

:sas2:

Without some of that talent, he looked ass

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Vikings might be ok
Giants need a complete and total rebuild
So does Carolina - and a new owner
Stroud is good good, doesn't panic, makes players
AR is special, but the Colts should handle him right
Caleb is lucky, the o line is the issue through
Kirk needs to be better, or he'll find himself retired sooner rather than later.

Kevin O'Connell and his ability to work with QBs should be respected. Agree on Giants, but Nabers looks alright. Carolina is going to fukk Bryce up before he can get going.

Agree on Stroud.

AR is a special talent, but needs consistency. Once he is able to make the routine throws routinely... look out.

Having watched a bit of that Bears game... I was told that Fields was the problem and Caleb's final line looked no better than Fields did with less talent.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Bears had a great off-season. But might fukk it up because they didn't do the smart thing and KEEP fields. Had they kept him (and paid him cheap as shyt for 4 years) and traded the #1 pick for future #1 picks, they could stack the deck with blue chippers and get the same or better results than with Williams. But hindsight is 50/50
I disagree. Ultimately, Caleb's upside as a passer is greater than Fields'. Poles needs to bolster up the OLine, that's where you could argue about what they did at #9 in selecting Rome instead of the best lineman available/trading back to get one.

Team looks set in 2 phases of the game already, the offensive line is the last piece to the puzzle