NFL Week 7: What have we learned

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Never count out Lamar. Best leader in the NFL. He'll never get credit for it because of the stigma placed on black football players.

Nah that’s trash. He’s brought it on himself.

Obviously you can’t have every game look like this game, but he has WAY too many wtf games and playing down to competition, bad fumbles, etc. He had 17td 12int last year. We expect elite QBs to be beyond regression. When there’s regression, you should be called out. Josh Allen is.

As far as race, i honestly think we are largely past that. Not bc where people have grown a heart, but bc 1) the QB position in general is nitpicked, and 2) there’s too many black QBs now to get away with that . Half the league is black QBs you can’t still be on that ‘they just hatin bc he black’. They hate Kirk cousins and he be out there throwing 40td 10int

Jalen Hurts dont get ridiculed. Texans Deshaun Watson didn’t get ridiculed. So they are proof that if you play elite consistently you wont get bashed When Lamar is consistent and the ravens blow out teams they should blow out and have consistency, Lamar will get treated as such.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Vrabel should've swung on that cac GM the night it happened :francis:

They fired him the day after AJ torched them last year :mjlol:

And ppl really saying Henry got a flat top :mindblown: He's a vet RB with no passing game, if anything this season is adding to his HOF case

Henry will get traded and start showing that he still has it.

I don't think they need to fire Vrabel so they should tell him it's rebuild mode and move Henry and D Hop.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
You say that he isn't, but his potential victims would say otherwise. I don't get why they were rushing him back anyways considering that none of them seemed to be on the same page about what the ailment was.

Money brings expectations and he's yet to live up to that fully guaranteed deal. A lot of this he's brought on himself, so it is what it is and something he has to deal with.
Watson and his accusers will handle that in a court of law, not public opinion.

As for his performance, he hasn’t played up to expectations but you cannot just based it on outside factors. He needs to figure out what he is doing wrong and correct it. He had success in this league for years and I still think that he can be good once he figures out what he’s doing wrong along with getting healthy.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps

Obviously you can’t have every game look like this game, but he has WAY too many wtf games and playing down to competition, bad fumbles, etc. He had 17td 12int last year. We expect elite QBs to be beyond regression. When there’s regression, you should be called out. Josh Allen is.

As far as race, i honestly think we are largely past that. Not bc where people have grown a heart, but bc 1) the QB position in general is nitpicked, and 2) there’s too many black QBs now to get away with that . Half the league is black QBs you can’t still be on that ‘they just hatin bc he black’. They hate Kirk cousins and he be out there throwing 40td 10int

Jalen Hurts dont get ridiculed. Texans Deshaun Watson didn’t get ridiculed. So they are proof that if you play elite consistently you wont get bashed When Lamar is consistent and the ravens blow out teams they should blow out and have consistency, Lamar will get treated as such.
I was speaking SOLELY on his leadership qualities. NOT his actual play. I clearly stated that. Black athletes for the most part been overlooked when it comes to this.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Watson and his accusers will handle that in a court of law, not public opinion.

As for his performance, he hasn’t played up to expectations but you cannot just based it on outside factors. He needs to figure out what he is doing wrong and correct it. He had success in this league for years and I still think that he can be good once he figures out what he’s doing wrong along with getting healthy.
That’s not how life works and you know it.

It’d be naive to sit here and insist that those outside factors aren’t playing a part in the affect of his performance considering that he missed nearly two years of gametime because of it and his life nor reputation hasn’t been the same since.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

I think it has more to do with him being better than both guys you mentioned is why he’s talked about. People think he should be on Mahomes level and he’s really not that far off as a player but he needs to be better in the Offs

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think it has more to do with him being better than both guys you mentioned is why he’s talked about. People think he should be on Mahomes level and he’s really not that far off as a player but he needs to be better in the Offs
Nahhhh Mahomes is in a league off himself and it’s time that people stop trying to put other players up there with him.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That’s not how life works and you know it.

It’d be naive to sit here and insist that those outside factors aren’t playing a part in the affect of his performance considering that he missed nearly two years of gametime because of it and his life nor reputation hasn’t been the same since.
He legit looks like he can’t play anymore. Like basic screen passes and checkdowns he be messing up

premier58

All Star
Daps
I love Lamar, but he is not better than Josh Allen. Domt give me the MVP shyt, either. Matt Ryan and Joe Theissman have an MVP and I am sure that they arent better than Drew Brees.

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Agree with first bold. We/they hold Lamar to a higher standard not bc he black but bc by now he should be top 3, top 5 year in year out—-week in week out. And we haven’t got that. There is no way in hell Jalen Hurts should have walked down lamar and surpassed him as a passer. Hurts was being benched at Bama when Lamar was winning MVP

Disagree with the 2nd bold. He ain’t close to Mahomes. Lamar gets a pass with ‘no weapons’. Mahomes wins a chip with ‘no weapons’. They ain’t close

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I wonder does Watson regret not showing any remorse publicly and during interviews for his previous trangressions considering how it's all been playing out for him since it happened. He got his bread, but his career hasn't been the same since and he's set back his peers in their argument for fully guaranteed deals with his performance or lackthereof.

Other athletes should take note in transpiring in not how to act when you fukk up.
how? lamar burrow and herbert got paid after the fact.