NFL Week 2: What Have We Learned?!

Did you learn anything new?

• Total voters

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What I’ve learned is that people only focus on chiefs offense.

Chiefs will give you at least 20-25 points in a trash game.

But for you to win, you obviously need to score more than that. Which doesn’t happen. Both bengals and ravens played better. But the chief’s defense kept both to 20 points. Yet the story is about how bad the offense was.

I noticed the same thing last year.

They had a lot of bad and boring games, but managed to keep people to 20 points or less, even in Ls.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
NFL kickers kicking 50+ FGs like its nothing

combined with the new starting touchback position (30 yard line) on kickoffs this means an offense needs to get only three first downs to attempt a high-% FG try and score points

Yeah that's crazy.

Biggest thing to consider is if they miss from distance the other team won't have to drive far for their chance at a TD or FG attempt themselves.

Definitely will be easier indoors. That play-off football strategy outdoors will most likely expose teams who are being FG merchants.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Na…. Can’t be about the money…

Cuz per a report generated last year….

And I posted it. If I can find again…. I’ll pm or Tag you.

But it was started that the Niners generate the most money for the NFL over the last few season and many of their games had the highest ratings
It is the money.

The Niners are a blue blood franchise rooted in dominating the era of sports media expansion (80s/early 90s). They've been built to win a ring for a good 3 years so that activates 2-3 generations of fans.

The push is to recreate that same blueprint and raise KC to that national fan base tier (Niners/Steelers/Cowboys/Raiders).

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

Damn did you see any figure with total TDs?

My pure guess based on gut is a lot of experienced defenders and DCs vs a lot of inexperienced OCs/HCs and QBs, I'm probably wrong though. Just feels like the league is filled with recently drafted QBs and many of the veterans are former flabbys that rode bench for years.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Defenses are basically playing 2 high shell defense and forcing Qbs to be surgical.
Nice lil thread on it, least to me as a casual :manny:

Nice lil read for the x and os type ppl and those that like looking at the deeper shyt
heres a lil ss of some of it, hit the twitter thread for more
9a506dce24d01d28b1cc5215748b0aba.png

2abcc9b227c1622a8d1b9cf7a146d609.png

He goes deeper about the shell defense stuff, hybrid LB, Fangio etc.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
What I’ve learned is that people only focus on chiefs offense.

Chiefs will give you at least 20-25 points in a trash game.

But for you to win, you obviously need to score more than that. Which doesn’t happen. Both bengals and ravens played better. But the chief’s defense kept both to 20 points. Yet the story is about how bad the offense was.

I noticed the same thing last year.

They had a lot of bad and boring games, but managed to keep people to 20 points or less, even in Ls.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Pretty much a repeat of last year. Hopefully the offense can be better this season but all these injuries are worrisome

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
NFC Least is back :hhh:

Philly looking shaky at home against a :flabbynsick: Kirk Cousins lead team

Dallas got their fans breaking out the VHS tapes, Hootie and the Blowfish CDs and Starter jackets and its not even really fall yet

Commanders have one of the worst defenses in the league

Giants might have finally hit rock bottom