Daps
Why did u need a sim card...all i did was pop in my sim from previous phone
I'm on Sprint and my previous phone didn't even have a SIM Card

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
What is that?

Googles new phone service. It's invite only right now, but u get money back for data you don't use. It's not Verizon or AT&T level of coverage, but it beats t-mobile and sprint and it's a great price.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How is it? :lupe:
So far so good... putting it through the real world test.

Got the phone on Thursday, had it fully charged that night around 11PM and took it off the charger and let it sit...and here I am, today and it's sitting at 22% on moderate use. Went to dinner yesterday, and pulled up the GSW/Celtics game... game was in the 4th Quarter and ended up going to double overtime and the phone streamed it without an issue. Stream paused a few times, but I'll chalk that up as the signal being weak. But that's a good 45 minutes of live streaming and the battery held up fine and didn't get crushed.

Right now, my biggest adjustments will be to it's size. I'm really not used to having a mammoth phone like this, will take some getting used to. Also, coming from the EVO line, I already missed the kickstand. Yeah people shytted on it, but it was pretty useful. Especially for situations like I was in yesterday, where my wife and I were both into the game and I couldn't prop the phone up on it's own without a stand. Phone's screen is great, so I plan on using it for video. Going to look into getting a case with a stand on it, just to throw on occasionally when I know I'll be watching something.

Outside of that, no complaints, still configuring my pages and widgets and all that. But it's slick so far.

Googles new phone service. It's invite only right now, but u get money back for data you don't use. It's not Verizon or AT&T level of coverage, but it beats t-mobile and sprint and it's a great price.

I honestly forgot all about that service. How fast are the speeds?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there a root out for this phone? It's prompting me to update, but I think I'll end up rooting it because I want my mobile hotspot as well as being able to run an adblocker on the device...

Let me know if there's one out there. Not tripping on pushing a custom ROM at all, just want to root for those specific things.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
So far so good... putting it through the real world test.

Got the phone on Thursday, had it fully charged that night around 11PM and took it off the charger and let it sit...and here I am, today and it's sitting at 22% on moderate use. Went to dinner yesterday, and pulled up the GSW/Celtics game... game was in the 4th Quarter and ended up going to double overtime and the phone streamed it without an issue. Stream paused a few times, but I'll chalk that up as the signal being weak. But that's a good 45 minutes of live streaming and the battery held up fine and didn't get crushed.

Right now, my biggest adjustments will be to it's size. I'm really not used to having a mammoth phone like this, will take some getting used to. Also, coming from the EVO line, I already missed the kickstand. Yeah people shytted on it, but it was pretty useful. Especially for situations like I was in yesterday, where my wife and I were both into the game and I couldn't prop the phone up on it's own without a stand. Phone's screen is great, so I plan on using it for video. Going to look into getting a case with a stand on it, just to throw on occasionally when I know I'll be watching something.

Outside of that, no complaints, still configuring my pages and widgets and all that. But it's slick so far.

I honestly forgot all about that service. How fast are the speeds?

I haven't done any speed tests and I usually stay on WiFi, but I've never had any problems with speed. Plus I'm getting a lot more lte coverage than I did with sprint, and I stay either in Brooklyn or DC.

It's not unlimited but on sprint I was never using more than 1 gig per month.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Is there a root out for this phone? It's prompting me to update, but I think I'll end up rooting it because I want my mobile hotspot as well as being able to run an adblocker on the device...

Let me know if there's one out there. Not tripping on pushing a custom ROM at all, just want to root for those specific things.

And root is out there. I haven't messed with it yet, haven't felt the need to as yet

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
At the risk of me sounding :flabbynsick:, how do I get this working on Verizon, just throw the sim card in there?

Or is it not possible like I'm thinking :lupe:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
At the risk of me sounding :flabbynsick:, how do I get this working on Verizon, just throw the sim card in there?

Or is it not possible like I'm thinking :lupe:
You'll have to either call/IM chat or go into the Verizon store to get the SIM Card for the phone. It's probably the same as the process that I had to do to get it working on Sprint

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you don't need to root for mobile hotspot. Just flip the on switch.
There maybe an Adblock Chrome extension too, i'm not sure.

Screenshot_20151212-221054.png