Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
You guys think we should bring josh brent back and have him be our 1 tech? Mcclain is a jag and hayden is straight :trash:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm liking Bishop :patrice:

I think he's gonna make a name for himself. In OTA's & training camp
If we can get 2 of those 7th rd picks to be solid contributors on the team I'll be happy.

Bishop looks like he's ready to hit someone tho

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Undrafted free agent signings 2014: Tracking the NFL Draft aftermath - SBNation.com

Dallas Cowboys
QB Dustin Vaughan, West Texas A&M
P Cody Mandell, Alabama
TE Evan Wilson, Illinois
G Ronald Patrick, South Carolina
S Ryan Smith, Auburn
DT Chris Whaley, Texas
G Andre Cureton, Cincinnati
LB Joe Windsor, Northern Illinois
LS Casey Kreiter, Iowa
WR L'Damian Washington, Missouri
RB Ben Malena, Texas A&M
FB J.C. Copeland, LSU
DE Davon Coleman, Arizona State
QB Kolton Browning, La-Monroe
OT Jarrod Pughsley, Akron
RB Glasco Martin, Baylor
OT Josh Aladenoye, Illinois State
CB Jocquel Skinner, Bethel
S Marvin Robinson, Ferris State
LB Keith Smith, San Jose State
LB Dontavis Sapp, Tennessee
CB Dashaun Phillips, Tarleton State
TE Jordan Najvar, Baylor
G Brian Clarke, Bloomsburg
Please Lord let them make the squad :ohlawd:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it hard to get excited for this upcoming season. NFC East ran a train on us three years in a row. First NY, then WASH, then PHI. If we play NY against in week 17 this year the NFL is trolling us. Anyone know who we play week 17? Jerry doesnt care so I really dont care. Wake me up week 1.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I never watched much Pitt, but Devin Street looks like a beast. Granted, I've only seen the dudes youtube highlights, but I think he can seriously compete with Terrance and Cole to be the 2/3 read on a few plays.

DLine rotation looking like Spencer, Crawford, Melton, Lawrence, Selvie, McClain, Hayden.

Spencer coming off prolonged injury since Jan 2013. Had best year in 2012 tho
Crawford been hurt ever since he was considered a 3rd round sleeper in 2012
Melton coming off ACL, but he's only 27. Was KILLIN it in Chicago before he got hurt
Lawrence awfully green, but is a body and will get valuable experience
Selvie green, but had some moments last season.

Can't really say much about McClain and Hayden. But if a few of those guys actually play like NFL caliber linemen, we will already have a MUCH improved dline unit from last year. The only guy worth a shyt last year was Hatcher.

There's a very solid chance we eclipse that mark :jjumad:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I find it hard to get excited for this upcoming season. NFC East ran a train on us three years in a row. First NY, then WASH, then PHI. If we play NY against in week 17 this year the NFL is trolling us. Anyone know who we play week 17? Jerry doesnt care so I really dont care. Wake me up week 1.
Washington. I never thought we would be good this season anyway. I said 6-10 to 8 - 8 months ago. This team is clearly rebuilding. However, the oline is now a strength.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Same here breh. I was lurking cowboyszone and the homers over there talking about they optimistic and how this is a different team. We know how that story goes :upsetfavre:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Our oline this yr brehs :whew:. No excuses for our 100m qb and the offense to be so putrid on 3rd downs and red zone efficiency.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Way too many question marks on the dline for me to be optimistic. You basically got 3 players coming off major injuries (Will Spencer be ready for camp?), a rookie and some warm bodies. Overall I thought the draft was ok but trading that 3rd hurt. Hope Hitchens is decent because they could of landed a nice depth player for this defense with that pick.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
^^^Forget about Hitchens being anything. Boy is ass.
Washington. I never thought we would be good this season anyway. I said 6-10 to 8 - 8 months ago. This team is clearly rebuilding. However, the oline is now a strength.
The division just isn't that good.

While I'm not saying we're miles ahead of anyone, we're not miles behind anyone either.

Our offense is just gonna have to be more efficient this year. Control TOP which they are more than capable of and learn how to close out games from these experiences of last year.

The offense has gotten better. With Demarco finding his groove and showing what he's capable of (granted he has to stay healthy) there's an improvement Dubar came on late as a change of pace back.. Oline is definitely better. Dez & Williams both improved. More two TE sets, I believe Escobar will be more featured.

Defense got better by getting rid of Kiffin. I expect to see players playing more to their strengths. (secondary in particular)
Ware was basically a non factor last season, Lawrence will be an improvement in that department. Marinelli has better talent to work with. Depending on health, front 4 is better. In addition to that, they can't be any worse than last year.