Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Copeland was a great pickup. Last time we had a good FB on the roster was 2011 with Fiametta, and he helped our run game tremendously. This team needs to ground n pound in the 4th and take it out of our 100m qb hands.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copeland was a great pickup. Last time we had a good FB on the roster was 2011 with Fiametta, and he helped our run game tremendously. This team needs to ground n pound in the 4th and take it out of our 100m qb hands.
Only thing is Linehan. Linehan phased out the fullback in Detroit so I wonder how he'll incorporate copeland. But we could sure use him for all those 2 and shorts and 3rd and shorts we fail to get so many times. Plus Witten isn't the blocker he used to be and is getting called for more holding penalties

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
We actually had a good draft brehs.

I'm proud of Jerry not pulling a Jerry and drafting Manziel :salute:

What people don't realize is that Manziel was going to sit for at least 2-3 years. What's the point in paying him a rookie salary that now has a cap of 4 years for him to sit for 75% of it.

Also, in the rare occurrance that Garrett is fired this year, the next coach may not want Manziel, or may want to bring in his 'own' QB.

This draft indicated to me that we are trying to build not only for now, but for the future as well. Our o-line is going to be a BEAST for 5-10 years and when Romo does retire, the next QB will have the protection Romo never had.

Linehan is the only nikka that worries me as he has the same pass happy mindset as Jason AIRett...

babylon1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
manziel has no weapons in cleveland...he's set up 2 fail. dallas was tha perfect spot. romo shoulda been traded to minnesota

babylon1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's the nfl bruh. the cap numbers are whatever the owners and commish want them to be. the notion of a cap is just that. a lie to make the fans think that there is a level playing ground for all teams

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The success of this draft is entirely predicated on whether Demarcus Lawrence becomes a consistent pass rusher. He has top 20 talent, but whether it'll translate or not is the question.

Zack Martin should be a stud anchor on the line with Frederick and Tyron for the next several years. If we can get just 2 or 3 of the other picks to stick, that would be great.

Overall, it was a solid draft, with the chance to be very good if Lawrence and a couple of the later picks pan out

The Hitchens pick was fukking atrocious though :dahell: