Next Gen Consoles controllers speculation

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
Lol..I forgot who I was arguing wit...nikka. .Psx controller was BARELY a departure from the SNES controller..anyone who went straight from a SNES to a PSX back in the day knew that..as it was the EXACT SAME BUTTON LAYOUT nikka..only thing different was the the look of It..why am I even arguing this shyt?...this is something thats obviously true....it was an easier transition from SNES to PSX than it was from SNES to N64 controller wise...and THAT'S real talk...I read ya post and get a headache from the obvious trolling..

You say I'm trolling when your wrong? Please children, men don't carry themselves this way :stopitslime:
For some strange reason, your acting like the SNES controller was the first of its kind or this fantastic creation?
It was a NES controller with more buttons.. and they rounded it out. fukk wowzers.
The ps1 controller is identical, except it doesn't have a dpad.. the buttons have funky shapes. But other than that, all the buttons at the same spots
The xbox of today has the same shyt as well, and the same labeled buttons, and the same colors. Still same shyt. I'm saying the current controller is closer to the snes than the current ps3 controller and it is because of what I just said. Cuz in all 3 cases, the buttons are located at the same spots.
Only the snes and xbox have the colors, and the A,B,X,Y
That makes it closer :ufdup:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You say I'm trolling when your wrong? Please children, men don't carry themselves this way :stopitslime:
For some strange reason, your acting like the SNES controller was the first of its kind or this fantastic creation?
It was a NES controller with more buttons.. and they rounded it out. fukk wowzers.
The ps1 controller is identical, except it doesn't have a dpad.. the buttons have funky shapes. But other than that, all the buttons at the same spots
The xbox of today has the same shyt as well, and the same labeled buttons, and the same colors. Still same shyt. I'm saying the current controller is closer to the snes than the current ps3 controller and it is because of what I just said. Cuz in all 3 cases, the buttons are located at the same spots.

Now u tryna downplay the SNES controller as if it isnt considered one of the BEST controllers of all time as far as button layout and design?..lmao.."it was an NES controller with more buttons"..REALLY nikka?..that's ALL it was?..it wasnt an improvement in functionality when playing games?...really?...also..u sayin the xbox is closer cause of the colored buttons and button labels?..REALLY?..lol..most SNES controllers didnt even have those colors. And the ones that did...the colors arent even in the same places as the 360 controller...the PS3 controller is STILL more similar cause of this main thing...D PAD LOCATION and functionality...the D PAD on the Xbox has a NOTORIOUSLY bad rep...which controller do u think people would rather use when it comes to NES and SNES emulators?..between XBOX and PS3 they gonna pick the PS3...matter of fact...check out the Nintendo Wii's classic controller pro. Which one does it resemble more?..Ps3's or Xbox?..
wii-classic-controller-pro-xl.jpg

Now stfu...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The Playstation Controller is due for a design change, the XBOX has the edge in that department in overall layout design.

I do however agree with @The Phoenix that the D-Pad should all be designed like what Sony has. I would not be surprised that they own a patent to it...Nintendo did with the original NES controller.

Last edited by a moderator:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
So let me get this straight. You "thought" xbox controllers only had AAA batteries that ppl recharged, not cheap ass battery packs :snoop:
Then after I enlightened you on how shyt is, you reply with ":sadbron: mine still work... you buy used beds :wrist:"

I think I've broken another one ladies and gentleman :takedat:

Minus the trigger buttons cuz you prefer the xbox controller :stopitslime:

:usure: its not :umad: cuz I really think thats what it is

:rudy: Broken? Yeah of the many L's and defeats that you have endured over these years, im quite sure your mind, body, and soul is broken.

:to: " That's my king of L's"

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

PS being closer to SNES due to the design that Nintendo themselves came up with specifically to be close to the SNES controller so people feel comfy moving on. Sony did not detract from Nintendo's design.

XBox has ABXY but the shape isn't close to Nintendo nor is the piss poor dpad, and the buttons are flipped on the right, and specifically not to be close to Nintendo.

Sony's spaced out dpad was made specifically to get around Nintendo's cross patent which was in the design before they bailed out on Sony. Nearly the same design underneath (behind the dpad is even a cross shape which Nintendo has a patent for their dpad) but the space in he middle makes it not a cross and passes through the patent design.

Patent US4687200 - Multi-directional switch - Google Patents

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
PS being closer to SNES due to the design that Nintendo themselves came up with specifically to be close to the SNES controller so people feel comfy moving on. Sony did not detract from Nintendo's design.

XBox has ABXY but the shape isn't close to Nintendo nor is the piss poor dpad, and the buttons are flipped on the right, and specifically not to be close to Nintendo.

Sony's spaced out dpad was made specifically to get around Nintendo's cross patent which was in the design before they bailed out on Sony. Nearly the same design underneath (behind the dpad is even a cross shape which Nintendo has a patent for their dpad) but the space in he middle makes it not a cross and passes through the patent design.

Why even go through the effort? lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

EXACTLY..the original Xbox controller bit more off of the Dreamcast controller than anything..

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Why even go through the effort? lol

:youngsabo:

EXACTLY..the original Xbox controller bit more off of the Dreamcast controller than anything..

Which is true. They were close with MS for the Dreamcast (if you still have one, look at the Windows CE badge on the front) and they even picked up the bulk of Sega's franchises with the XBOX after Sega bit the dust.

Sega even wanted the XBOX to play Dreamcast games and MS worked towards that.

So let's investigate some key designs on the orignal XBOX controller.

Expandable slots on the controller top loading: Sega.
Button colors and mapping: Sega.
Pistol-esque analog triggers on both sides: Sega.

Heck even the bloated design of the first one isn't original.

xbox-large-controller.jpg

31akqDB0P8L.jpg

Note the vertically linear button placement on the Duke XBOX controller. :scusthov: DPAD was atrocious. And look, even the pressed in thumbstick wasn't original.

Then the S came out with a more humane design, and hands everywhere clapped in joy. The 360 controller improved upon it taking cues from Sony and now it's a good one to use sans the DPAD.

So yes - as usual - Courtdog is wrong. :blessed: The controller is Dreamcast based and not SNES based.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:youngsabo:

Which is true. They were close with MS for the Dreamcast (if you still have one, look at the Windows CE badge on the front) and they even picked up the bulk of Sega's franchises with the XBOX after Sega bit the dust.

Sega even wanted the XBOX to play Dreamcast games and MS worked towards that.

So let's investigate some key designs on the orignal XBOX controller.

Expandable slots on the controller top loading: Sega.
Button colors and mapping: Sega.
Pistol-esque analog triggers on both sides: Sega.

Heck even the bloated design of the first one isn't original.

xbox-large-controller.jpg

31akqDB0P8L.jpg

Note the vertically linear button placement on the Duke XBOX controller. :scusthov: DPAD was atrocious. And look, even the pressed in thumbstick wasn't original.

Then the S came out with a more humane design, and hands everywhere clapped in joy. The 360 controller improved upon it taking cues from Sony and now it's a good one to use sans the DPAD.

So yes - as usual - Courtdog is wrong. :blessed: The controller is Dreamcast based and not SNES based.

Yup!..basically in a nutshell..lol..

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Right :russ:
The guy does not know that plugging in the ps3 controller recharges the controller while plugging in the xbox controller does charges the batteries. You'll have to buy new ones. :mindblown:

by the way..im talking to the dude you quoted. not you. same as the last time.
Breh what's worst is these clowns really trying to push some bullshyt , ps controllers be dying :beli::duck: with some random ass :flabbynsick: links. I swear to God I can't count the hours I put in on my original controller that came with the system
.I played Damn near all third party games on the ps too, old talking fallout , new Vegas , skyrim, demon souls all these 100 hour games plus all the ps exclusive, plus all the random games in between online :whew: it's just a bunch of hours shyt weeks lol and ly shyt still going strong. :blessed:

But one thing we can guarantee is going to fail is micro:hamster::trash: hustling nikkas since the beginning

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Breh what's worst is these clowns really trying to push some bullshyt , ps controllers be dying :beli::duck: with some random ass :flabbynsick: links. I swear to God I can't count the hours I put in on my original controller that came with the system
.I played Damn near all third party games on the ps too, old talking fallout , new Vegas , skyrim, demon souls all these 100 hour games plus all the ps exclusive, plus all the random games in between online :whew: it's just a bunch of hours shyt weeks lol and ly shyt still going strong. :blessed:

But one thing we can guarantee is going to fail is micro:hamster::trash: hustling nikkas since the beginning

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:what: you acting like majority of us dont own both systems as well.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
:what: you acting like majority of us dont own both systems as well.

Yeah and really how nikkaz controllers died. Matter of fact the nikka courtdog would made a thread at 4 am.5 seconds after the shyt happened . But I can guarantee you nobody on their original Xbox probably not even they second if they copped the first year :umad: