Next Gen Consoles controllers speculation

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
nikkas are honestly arguing about controllers now....

tv-george_constanza_seinfeld-serious_20120319_1685677910.png

yes.
yes they are.

2Pac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do y'all think they'll do with the controllers?? Wasn't there a rumor about the nextbox having a screen on the controller?

What about the PS4?

I feel as though the 360 pad is ergonomically perfect imo and the only thing I can see that needs changing is the Dpad. A dpad like the PS3's or Vita's would be perfect. Everything else is already good.

The next dualshock should be a bit bigger with concave triggers like this
pelican-pdp-ps3-dual-triggers-attached-side.jpg
They should also make official accessories designed for sweaty palms.

I think they should also adopt the Vita's dpad. It's literally the best DPad I've ever used.
ps_vita_d-pad1.png

Think they'll add more buttons??

The best D-Pad ever created was on the Super Nintendo. But other than the Wii-U, I'm pretty confident we won't see many if not any changes on Next Gen controllers.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
[/LIST]55]M$ got these dudes going backwards...ignorance is bliss :russ:

I guarantee the thought of bluray, Wi-Fi and standard rechargeable controllers got em feeling like :myman: . I just been feeling like that way for years now. All I need from next Gen is a Wii u controller that's not unreasonable in size. If they can pull off a dualshock /vita I'll be good. If I can't send a message and control certain things with a touch screen in 2014 that shyt will be horrible especially all apps they are going to be trying to have.

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:thinking:

Well seeing as wear and tear won't be conquered anytime soon, I'd prefer them keeping the controllers lasting use as long as possible. I can suffer the hard buttons if it that's what it takes...

:dead: @ the Ashur smiley

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
nikka u CAN'T be serious...lol...u know what...smh...g...WHICH system came out first?...nikka...the button layout of the playstation controller came DIRECTLY from the SNES....that shyt is a FACT nikka...Nintendo helped Sony with the Playstation...I remember gettin on the first Playstation and feeling right at home cause it wasn't much different from the SNES controller as far as button layout..they were damn near virtually the same except PSX had 2 extra buttons...u gonna compare the fukkin 360 controller to the SNES cause of fukkin BUTTON LABELS?...and IGNORE the whole fukkin layout of the controller?...which came AFTER playstation and a plethora of other systems that adopted the four button and shoulder button layout BEFORE xbox did?...nikka...WHO the fukk influenced Microsoft to put 2 shoulder buttons on each side?..cause the first xbox had one on each side...I will tell u who...SONY...cause sony always had L1 and L2...R1 and R2...original xbox didnt have that..but guess what has that now?...XBOX 360....
:snoop:

Look "kid" did you forget to mention that every system had the same controller layouts as well. Even PC's had controllers with triggers before nintendo.
Sega had the same shyt.. its what a controller looks like. The xbox 1 controller wasn't this well thought out design. It was rushed. The xbox 1 was made of spare PC parts... the entire thing. So Microsoft lost big money on it, but put it out there just to get there foot in the door.
I'm not saying Microsoft invented a thing when it comes to controllers, they just perfected it. And its closer to the snes controller is than the sony pad is. You answer this question yourself two post from this one...
and ive dropped my PS3 controllers...my kids have...all that..none of them EVER had to be replaced....I still have the SAME controllers since I had the PS3...I dropped my fukkin XBOX 360 SLIM controller ONE TIME and the shoulder button broke....this shyt is pure facts..
Thats cool and all, but there is a reason for that. You see, the ps3 is a shytty system that nobody plays. Translation: You didn't use your controller enough for it to die yet.. your not alone :ooh:
But the lames who are stuck with a ps3, they been thru plenty of them.
I been thru 2 and I hardly even use the thing (Tru Story)
Xbox, we don't need to trash our controllers. $5 battery packs >>> No battery packs
The fact your trying to argue this is comical in itself.
Now judging how controllers are for ps3 based ONLY on your own experiences is imcomplete.
So why not ask your peers, or save yourself the time and just google the question. The answers will be disturbing to you.
Then look up PSN hacked for good and watch the horrible truth unfold before your eyes.
Thats if you care about gaming at all. If you a PS3 gamer? You don't give a fukk about your gaming...
@Cockmeat Sandwich ... check this out..

PS3 News: PlayStation nearly had SNES-style controller - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

The PlayStation controller was almost a flat SNES like controller without the now iconic protruding grips, it's been revealed.

Teiyu Goto, a designer who has worked on every PlayStation console to date, told Famitsu the story of how the PlayStation controller came to be.

"The Super NES was a huge hit at the time, and naturally we wanted SNES gamers to upgrade to our system," Goto said.

"That's why the management department didn't want the controller to be a radical departure, they said it had to be a standard type of design, or gamers wouldn't accept it."
Bruh. I'm gonna be nice here. This is where I normally go ape shyt on a nikka
But maybe you just didn't read good today or something.
Your article says how the playstation "nearly had a snes style" keywords being NEARLY HAD
And since the playstation was created to be an addon for the SNES, how is this news :dead:
This is what it would of looked like...
img-339-inline.jpg

The best D-Pad ever created was on the Super Nintendo. But other than the Wii-U, I'm pretty confident we won't see many if not any changes on Next Gen controllers.
The xbox now has a "transformer" dpad that is the best dpad out of all of them :yeshrug:
But nobody gives a fukk because who uses the dpad in 2013?
Only a handful of games would make you even use a dpad, so its not really this major issue regardless...

Last edited by a moderator:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Sounds like you just got charged more to me lol Xbox logic.

Right :russ:
The guy does not know that plugging in the ps3 controller recharges the controller while plugging in the xbox controller does charges the batteries. You'll have to buy new ones. :mindblown:

by the way..im talking to the dude you quoted. not you. same as the last time.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
Right :russ:
The guy does not know that plugging in the ps3 controller recharges the controller while plugging in the xbox controller does charges the batteries. You'll have to buy new ones. :mindblown:

Ok, one last time since your mind is blown. I don't want you to blow a gasket up there.

The play... station. They have controllers that cost a lot of money.
When the batteries die (not recharge) but die, you have to throw your ps3 controller in da bushes.

Then you have to pony up like another $60
And here's gamers and websites outrage over this bullshyt
Yahoo Criticizes PS3 Controller's Battery Life

Now I backed up what I'm saying, and in that link they talk glowingly about how thee competition has better alternatives.
Now the part you said about having to change xbox batteries.
You did see the big picture of the battery packs that cost $5 or less
4800mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-for-Xbox-360_5201880.bak.jpg

So when your controller's battery dies, it cost $60 to replace on ps3
Or $5 on xbox

I hope this has been educational for you, and I'm :mindblown: that you had to have this explained to you in the type of detail I just provided.
Have fun with them lego's nikka :ufdup:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Ok, one last time since your mind is blown. I don't want you to blow a gasket up there.

The play... station. They have controllers that cost a lot of money.
When the batteries die (not recharge) but die, you have to throw your ps3 controller in da bushes.

Then you have to pony up like another $60
And here's gamers and websites outrage over this bullshyt
Yahoo Criticizes PS3 Controller's Battery Life

Now I backed up what I'm saying, and in that link they talk glowingly about how thee competition has better alternatives.
Now the part you said about having to change xbox batteries.
You did see the big picture of the battery packs that cost $5 or less
4800mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-for-Xbox-360_5201880.bak.jpg

So when your controller's battery dies, it cost $60 to replace on ps3
Or $5 on xbox

I hope this has been educational for you, and I'm :mindblown: that you had to have this explained to you in the type of detail I just provided.
Have fun with them lego's nikka :ufdup:

Man i bought only one PS3 remote and the battery still kicking as strong along with the one that came with my PS3. Same remote. Quality technology last for a long ass time. You wouldn't know. :smugbiden:

You buy used beds.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer the PS3 controller as it is minus the trigger buttons

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

The prototype PS3 controller? That shyt got shytted on so bad that they re-used the old PS2 controller in E3 2006. Never seen a controller got cracked on so much, universally. Even Ign said that it looked like a batarang that Batman uses :wtf:

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
I co-sign the anti-sweat controllers, kinda how NYKO had the AirFlo's back in the day

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=nyko+airflo&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.dmQ&biw=1366&bih=668&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=27TzULrZEuLG0QGsrYH4CQ]nyko airflo - Google Search[/ame]

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
Man i bought only one PS3 remote and the battery still kicking as strong along with the one that came with my PS3. Same remote. Quality technology last for a long ass time. You wouldn't know. :smugbiden:

You buy used beds.
So let me get this straight. You "thought" xbox controllers only had AAA batteries that ppl recharged, not cheap ass battery packs :snoop:
Then after I enlightened you on how shyt is, you reply with ":sadbron: mine still work... you buy used beds :wrist:"

I think I've broken another one ladies and gentleman :takedat:
I prefer the PS3 controller as it is minus the trigger buttons
Minus the trigger buttons cuz you prefer the xbox controller :stopitslime:
This nikka Court posting scriptures in here. :dead:
:usure: its not :umad: cuz I really think thats what it is

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:snoop:

Look "kid" did you forget to mention that every system had the same controller layouts as well. Even PC's had controllers with triggers before nintendo.
Sega had the same shyt.. its what a controller looks like. The xbox 1 conit...roller wasn't this well thought out design. It was rushed. The xbox 1 was made of spare PC parts... the entire thing. So Microsoft lost big money on it, but put it out there just to get there foot in the door.
I'm not saying Microsoft invented a thing when it comes to controllers, they just perfected it. And its closer to the snes controller is than the sony pad is. You answer this question yourself two post from this one...

Thats cool and all, but there is a reason for that. You see, the ps3 is a shytty system that nobody plays. Translation: You didn't use your controller enough for it to die yet.. your not alone :ooh:
But the lames who are stuck with a ps3, they been thru plenty of them.
I been thru 2 and I hardly even use the thing (Tru Story)
Xbox, we don't need to trash our controllers. $5 battery packs >>> No battery packs
The fact your trying to argue this is comical in itself.
Now judging how controllers are for ps3 based ONLY on your own experiences is imcomplete.
So why not ask your peers, or save yourself the time and just google the question. The answers will be disturbing to you.
Then look up PSN hacked for good and watch the horrible truth unfold before your eyes.
Thats if you care about gaming at all. If you a PS3 gamer? You don't give a fukk about your gaming...

Bruh. I'm gonna be nice here. This is where I normally go ape shyt on a nikka
But maybe you just didn't read good today or something.
Your article says how the playstation "nearly had a snes style" keywords being NEARLY HAD
And since the playstation was created to be an addon for the SNES, how is this news :dead:
This is what it would of looked like...
img-339-inline.jpg

The xbox now has a "transformer" dpad that is the best dpad out of all of them :yeshrug:
But nobody gives a fukk because who uses the dpad in 2013?
Only a handful of games would make you even use a dpad, so its not really this major issue regardless...

Lol..I forgot who I was arguing wit...nikka. .Psx controller was BARELY a departure from the SNES controller..anyone who went straight from a SNES to a PSX back in the day knew that..as it was the EXACT SAME BUTTON LAYOUT nikka..only thing different was the the look of It..why am I even arguing this shyt?...this is something thats obviously true....it was an easier transition from SNES to PSX than it was from SNES to N64 controller wise...and THAT'S real talk...I read ya post and get a headache from the obvious trolling..