Next Gen Consoles controllers speculation

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do y'all think they'll do with the controllers?? Wasn't there a rumor about the nextbox having a screen on the controller?

What about the PS4?

I feel as though the 360 pad is ergonomically perfect imo and the only thing I can see that needs changing is the Dpad. A dpad like the PS3's or Vita's would be perfect. Everything else is already good.

The next dualshock should be a bit bigger with concave triggers like this
pelican-pdp-ps3-dual-triggers-attached-side.jpg
They should also make official accessories designed for sweaty palms.

I think they should also adopt the Vita's dpad. It's literally the best DPad I've ever used.
ps_vita_d-pad1.png

Think they'll add more buttons??

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I've always felt that the d-pad and left analog stick should be able to swap places so you could change them up from game to game where needed. Also, I don't know if Sony has some sort of patent, but all dpads, regardless of console, should separate at the axis like the Playstation controllers have always done. Those are the only things I need in a controller.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
They're the geniuses, they can figure it out. :yeshrug:

:thinking:

Well seeing as wear and tear won't be conquered anytime soon, I'd prefer them keeping the controllers lasting use as long as possible. I can suffer the hard buttons if it that's what it takes...

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i cant imagine any drastic changes for either company. maybe the 720 controller has a tiny screen in the middle like a dreamcast VMU, and PS4 has a controller that can break into two pieces like two move wands with sticks and buttons on them.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
I've always felt that the d-pad and left analog stick should be able to swap places so you could change them up from game to game where needed. Also, I don't know if Sony has some sort of patent, but all dpads, regardless of console, should separate at the axis like the Playstation controllers have always done. Those are the only things I need in a controller.

Barf, the ps solution to the Dpad was an atrocious idea that is somehow still used today :snoop:
Nobody LOVES the ps solution, ppl just like to say how they like it better than the alternative.
But over the years I have come to hate it more and more. I can for instance pull off any move in SF with the regular controller no problem (xbox)
So really it comes down to preference. The one you used the most will be your favorite.

Then ppl like to act as if there favorites is THE BEST HANDS DOWN no matter what. Maybe thats the internet giving too many ppl voices???
I hope all companies find new and better solutions to all these issues.
Why not finally have us using arcade sticks? Maybe all these things can "snap" onto the controller like a controller add on, but they come with the controller???

That would make the most sense.. and I no Microsoft has a new tablet surface coming out that comes with controllers (different types)
I seriously have no idea what the plans are in that department. I only know about how they plan on taking the game out the TV and into your living room :manny:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Barf, the ps solution to the Dpad was an atrocious idea that is somehow still used today :snoop:
Nobody LOVES the ps solution, ppl just like to say how they like it better than the alternative.
But over the years I have come to hate it more and more. I can for instance pull off any move in SF with the regular controller no problem (xbox)
So really it comes down to preference. The one you used the most will be your favorite.

Then ppl like to act as if there favorites is THE BEST HANDS DOWN no matter what. Maybe thats the internet giving too many ppl voices???
Why not finally have us using arcade sticks? Maybe all these things can "snap" onto the controller like a controller add on, but they come with the controller???

That would make the most sense.. and I no Microsoft has a new tablet surface coming out that comes with controllers (different types)
I seriously have no idea what the plans are in that department. I only know about how they plan on taking the game out the TV and into your living room :manny:
how about a dual shock that can be split in half and reattached replacing dpad and joystick locations.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
Never gonna happen. You want that, you already have it on your PC
So why come to a console thread crying for it to turn into a PC?

:stopitslime:

I wouldn't be so sure, the next gen consoles will have a stronger hold on being an all purpose media machine with netflix or whatever and social media apps so having a mouse and keyboard seems likely. Maybe not the traditional mouse and keyboard but some sort of bluetooth combo device.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

if u sayin u can pull off street fighter moves better on an xbox controller than a PS controller u a fukkin lie my nikka...lol...playstation controller for fighting games >>>>>>>>>>> xbox controller for fighting games...that's if u HAVE to use a default system controller anyway...and for someone to hate on a playstation controller confuses the shyt out of me cause the playstation controller was modeled after the SNES controller which is considered one of if not the THE best controller of all time...