New Yorkers Try Each Other's “baconeggancheese” (bacon, egg, and cheese for non-NYers)...so which borough had the better sandwich🥪 🤔?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
have you ever tried the level up with cheddar or American cheese in your grits?:wow:
Oh yes, always. But only cheddar. I ate american cheese so much as a kid I can’t eat it anymore. It almost makes me feel sick now.

I kinds of adjust my salt based on what I put in my grits. Sometimes I’ll add ground breakfast sausage or chopped up bacon too. Not too often though.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
a56.gif

(shoutout @TheBeesOneFourThree )

now you owe me double rep for using my gif crodie

and i will collect

a56.gif

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Every year thousands of recent college grads (and others) move to NYC

And many of them, Gen Z social media fiends that they are, look on Youtube for guides and resources on what its like and how to fit in

Content creators, many of whom are just the same recent transplants two years later wearing Yankee fitteds, are more than happy for the clicks.

I think the BEC thing is just marketing, its the "baconeggancheese" all one word thing.

"Here in New York, you get your breakfast at the 'bodega'. That's 'bo'--'deh'--'gah'. The guy who works at my bodega is named 'Ock', I know its a weird name but he's like my best friend honestly. And so you're going to want to get the New York special sandwich. It has cheese, eggs and bacon. On a roll! But you have to order it right or the guy working there won't know what you mean because they don't always speak English so good. So you have to say it the New York way 'baconeggancheese'. Trust me, once you learn how to say it you'll be ordering it every day like a real New York native like me. Like and subscribe so you can learn other New York native tricks like which way is Uptown and how much a dollar slice costs."

ynfZVy.gif

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
salt pepper ketchup and or hot sauce is all you need on a roll of your choice

this nothing to complicate

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
There is so much you could hype up but since most are outsiders looking in, they think people really be having conversations about who has the best chop cheese/bec. Nah, this is purely gentrifiers who make these goofy videos and say things like “make it the ocky way”

First, food from the deli/bodega is hella mid. When you’re hungry and on the move, cool but that is about it.

Second, bec, chop cheeze, salami and cheese, two eggs on the roll is all hood bog shyt. No disrespect but it’s a Jerome Ave special, a Ralph Ave holla. If you coping this on a regular, you likely live at the crib, a kid or dusty

Last, it’s NY… don’t believe the experience online, experience it. It’s more than what social media portrays.

I’m out

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
There is so much you could hype up but since most are outsiders looking in, they think people really be having conversations about who has the best chop cheese/bec. Nah, this is purely gentrifiers who make these goofy videos and say things like “make it the ocky way”

First, food from the deli/bodega is hella mid. When you’re hungry and on the move, cool but that is about it.

Second, bec, chop cheeze, salami and cheese, two eggs on the roll is all hood bog shyt. No disrespect but it’s a Jerome Ave special, a Ralph Ave holla. If you coping this on a regular, you likely live at the crib, a kid or dusty

Last, it’s NY… don’t believe the experience online, experience it. It’s more than what social media portrays.

I’m out

Yea what sup with the whole "ocky" thing anyway.

is that a certain boro thing?

we had VODEGAS.......not bodegas.

IYKYK

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
fukk a bacon egg and cheese

That halal food in NYC my nikkas :whew:

Love halal. When i finally tried it it was like a cartoon my head exploded. Made me fall in love with tomatoes. And white sauce of course.

Its the goto for me to spot tourists in manyattan

They all lineuo at the famous spot, literally will get 100 deep at times.

Not knowing directly 15 ft away, across the street, is the second truck which NEVER has a line. Same guys. Same food. Same bags. Same company. Idiots. fukking hispters

My guy> halal guys. He even let me go when i was in college with a few plates snd broke i paid him back. Ock is played out btw.

Also. Never buy halal from a guy who serves hotdogs. Unless you like hotdog flavored chicken and rice. I learned that one in jamaica. Wanted to kill that arab for that. No real chicken and rice spot serves hot dogs. Scust

Last edited: