New Yorkers Try Each Other's “baconeggancheese” (bacon, egg, and cheese for non-NYers)...so which borough had the better sandwich🥪 🤔?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I’m with a lot of you, I never understood why NYC claims BEC like people ain’t been doing that everywhere forever, now chopped cheese, that is NYC, even modern style glizzy’s can be attributed to NYC, but putting your breakfast in a sandwhich isn’t it.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: Can someone explain the NYC bacon egg and cheese craze?

I've been eating bacon egg and cheese sandwiches my whole life, what's the difference between what I can get at Biscuitville or a mom and pop spot in the south and NYC?

One thing about NYC/jersey is the bread. The water in this area is different and has different minerals to anywhere else. Any baked bread has a different quality to it here than anywhere else. Bagels are a hugely affected by this.

I knew a guy who worked in a bagel shop in NJ. His boss opened the same business in Florida. When they made the bagels with the exact same recipe and equipment, they tasted different. Eventually they figured out it was the water. They found a business that actually allowed them to get NY/NJ water imported down there, and their bagels began to taste the same.

It's higher in minerals.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
No it's everywhere in the US. At the very least you can get one at any McDonalds

a56.gif

(shoutout @TheBeesOneFourThree )

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I’m with a lot of you, I never understood why NYC claims BEC like people ain’t been doing that everywhere forever, now chopped cheese, that is NYC, even modern style glizzy’s can be attributed to NYC, but putting your breakfast in a sandwhich isn’t it.

Every year thousands of recent college grads (and others) move to NYC

And many of them, Gen Z social media fiends that they are, look on Youtube for guides and resources on what its like and how to fit in

Content creators, many of whom are just the same recent transplants two years later wearing Yankee fitteds, are more than happy for the clicks.

I think the BEC thing is just marketing, its the "baconeggancheese" all one word thing.

"Here in New York, you get your breakfast at the 'bodega'. That's 'bo'--'deh'--'gah'. The guy who works at my bodega is named 'Ock', I know its a weird name but he's like my best friend honestly. And so you're going to want to get the New York special sandwich. It has cheese, eggs and bacon. On a roll! But you have to order it right or the guy working there won't know what you mean because they don't always speak English so good. So you have to say it the New York way 'baconeggancheese'. Trust me, once you learn how to say it you'll be ordering it every day like a real New York native like me. Like and subscribe so you can learn other New York native tricks like which way is Uptown and how much a dollar slice costs."

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
One thing about NYC/jersey is the bread. The water in this area is different and has different minerals to anywhere else. Any baked bread has a different quality to it here than anywhere else. Bagels are a hugely affected by this.

I knew a guy who worked in a bagel shop in NJ. His boss opened the same business in Florida. When they made the bagels with the exact same recipe and equipment, they tasted different. Eventually they figured out it was the water. They found a business that actually allowed them to get NY/NJ water imported down there, and their bagels began to taste the same.

It's higher in minerals.

Pizza too although bagels are the most famous.

But I was always confused about importing the water. Couldn't a chemist (or like the NY department of water safety) tell you what's in there and you can mix it up yourself?

I digress.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
So a basic ass breakfast sandwich a 6 year old could make is a NYC staple? :mjlol:

Buy overpriced, oversalted shyt from tusken raiders and greaseballs every day, brehs

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

It's higher in minerals.

Jersey brehs aint even on it like that....they do the pork roll or the other thing I cant remember what its called(but its like the same thing)

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:yeshrug: Can someone explain the NYC bacon egg and cheese craze?

I've been eating bacon egg and cheese sandwiches my whole life, what's the difference between what I can get at Biscuitville or a mom and pop spot in the south and NYC?
NYC/NJ bread tastes different

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
There is no "craze".

The only people that hype it up are NYers who got white friends and don't really be outside like that.

Basically the type you see on Twitter.

It's something that we ate for breakfast on our way to school. It's quick, cheap, and tastes good depending on the ock.

The types that hype it up, probably tried it in adulthood.

The REAL NYers don't praise NY as much as you small town folk think.

REAL NYers complain about NY and hype up other cities.
:comeon: really?