New York plans to ban smartphones in schools, allowing basic phones only

Loggie

All Star
Daps
To be fair a number of courses I took in high school directly taught this. :manny:
Math and hard math does teach critical thinking. IMO English and math should be taught throughout high school. The rest of the time can be used for adult skills.

College i.e. becoming a scholar can be used to learn the useless worldly subjects.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again, these are white government officials that still want to keep people (especially black people) under their control and can’t stand the fact that these kids are waking up (not the white version of woke, just to clarify) and seeing these clowns for what they really are :scust:

:laff:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Mass call systems mean nothing in the grand scheme of things if those parents and guardians won't be able to know real time whether their children are alive or dead
Just because the kids don’t have em doesn’t mean everyone else won’t

All for this

Needs to be done everywhere. The positives far outweigh any potential negatives.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Just because the kids don’t have em doesn’t mean everyone else won’t

All for this

Needs to be done everywhere. The positives far outweigh any potential negatives.
Everyone else having them is irrelevant to my point because I’m talking about the students directly. Everyone else isn’t going to be able to let every parent know right away that their child is still alive.

School shootings have to be factored into it especially all the making the decisions are doing a piss poor job of preventing from happening.

If you have children, are you going to put faith in everyone else relaying that message to you in a timely manner or would you rather your kid do it themselves?

Last edited:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone else having them is irrelevant to my point because I’m talking about the students directly. Everyone else isn’t going to be able to let every parent know right away that their child is still alive.

School shoutings have to be factored into it especially all the making the decisions are doing a piss poor job of preventing from happening.

If you have children, are you going to put faith in everyone else relaying that message to you in a timely manner or would you rather your kid do it themselves?

You could allow the kids to retrieve their phones after the school/area is secured. Last thing that needs to happen is a phone go off alerting a shooter to a unknown location to start killing. Part of lock down procedure is staying as quiet as possible.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You could allow the kids to retrieve their phones after the school/area is secured. Last thing that needs to happen is a phone go off alerting a shooter to an unknown location to start killing. Part of lock down procedure is staying as quiet as possible.
Something is just going to have to give and banning them altogether like some people are asking for, isn’t the right idea.

Not in this current climate.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

School shootings have to be factored into it especially all the making the decisions are doing a piss poor job of preventing from happening.

The teachers and staff would have access to the mass call system currently in place at most major school districts across the country

Kids do not need their phones in school. Both my wife’s parentage retired teachers. 4 of my wife’s closest friends are educators. They are not necessary like that. They are a headache for educators and it’s getting worse

Sorry but they are not.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:wow: That poor sap having to go to school rocking this jawn, because its the only basic phone the parents have at the moment:

01000000-0aff-0242-9397-08db198da0eb_cx0_cy5_cw0_w1200_r1.jpg