New York plans to ban smartphones in schools, allowing basic phones only

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First you said that they shouldn't have them in the classroom and asking why would need them there in the first place. Now you're saying to have them nearby.

That is moving the goalpost.

That is the softest definition of "moving the goalpost" I've seen in my life. You are just arguing semantics, fukk out of here.

North of Death

All Star
Daps
Once again, these are white government officials that still want to keep people (especially black people) under their control and can’t stand the fact that these kids are waking up (not the white version of woke, just to clarify) and seeing these clowns for what they really are :scust:
What purpose does a phone serve a child in the classroom?

Loggie

All Star
Daps
School is a scam used to indoctrinate our children and babysit. You have the world’s knowledge in the palm of your hands. High school should get you prepared for the real world instead of regurgitating useless facts.

Critical thinking, discipline, discernment, career studies, emotional intelligence, trade school, money management, government, the power of networking, and other skills should be addressed in your 16-18 year ages.

We need to adjust our 5-18 curriculum. The internet and world knowledge has made learning facts useless. If anything schools should be teaching children how to optimize smart phone use.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
School is a scam used to indoctrinate our children and babysit. You have the world’s knowledge in the palm of your hands. High school should get you prepared for the real world instead of regurgitating useless facts.

Critical thinking, discipline, discernment, career studies, emotional intelligence, trade school, money management, government, the power of networking, and other skills should be addressed in your 16-18 year ages.

We need to adjust our 5-18 curriculum. The internet and world knowledge has made learning facts useless. If anything schools should be teaching children how to optimize smart phone use.
For example?

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

To be fair a number of courses I took in high school directly taught this. :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean there is this thing called emergencies and potential mass shootings that they'll need them for to contact parents especially considering Republicans have no interest in helping to solve the problem
There are mass call systems nowadays that call all parents and guardians

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good choice in my opinion. At least an x amount of hours a day during their formative years they will not have something demanding their attention. Will learn better social skills and improve their focus.