New York mayor Eric Adams: People need to ditch shiesty masks when entering stores to show they aren’t crooks.

Daps
Punishable offense Imo. Unless they want this site to turn into something nasty, you can’t have folk blatantly baiting and misinforming

I agree. Maybe @hex or @Houston911 or @Barnett114 can look into this cause believe it or not, a lot of us do get actual news on this site. Why lie about something like this to rile people up and have them logging off telling other ppl when it isn't even true?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Why in the world did all these kids start wearing these masks all of a sudden?

Covid made it normal to wear masks. So now these nikkas can walk around wearing those masks and it looks normal or at the very least they have a go to excuse as to why they're wearing it. Before COVID there was no real explanation for a young dude to wear a mask especially that type of mask all the time.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Covid made it normal to wear masks. So now these nikkas can walk around wearing those masks and it looks normal or at the very least they have a go to excuse as to why they're wearing it. Before COVID there was no real explanation for a young dude to wear a mask especially that type of mask all the time.

Well sure but I was wearing kn-95 masks not a balaclava, why did that specific mask get so popular with Black youth?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Really Brehs?

You were born during COVID so you don't recall the real world? But you'd be a toddler if that was the case.

OF COURSE being allowed to wear a mask can help actual criminals.

I understand the usage of masks for COVID,

AND I understand the usage of masks for crime.

We gonna pretend that this is some kind of Illuminati program?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This why I will always ride for Chris Rock (minus the N word fiasco :damn::whoa:)

He kept it real about how all that political correctness is out the window when it’s time to look out for self and be smart.

Like ok mfer let a young teen loiter by your HOME—-bc we are now grown men with kids, we are homeowners, with shyt to protect and lose—-let him have on a sheisty mask. You gon be on high alert. You not gon say ‘oh nice, that fella is following Covid protocols’ :beli:

Retirement​

The controversy caused by Rock's constant use of the word "******" led him to remove the rant from his show. In a 2005 60 Minutes interview, Rock said: "By the way, I've never done that joke again, ever, and I probably never will. 'Cos some people that were racist thought they had license to say n-----, so, I'm done with that routine."[2]
:mjpls:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Well sure but I was wearing kn-95 masks not a balaclava, why did that specific mask get so popular with Black youth?

At the time around 2020 there was a lot of people wearing balaclava's too not just regular masks. so young black men had an open lane to start wearing them without looking suspicious. Then it became a trend. And yes they still do look suspicious but in a post covid era all a guy has to say is he's wearing them because of covid and that's that.

A phrase street dudes will say is "Stay Dangerous".....well those balaclavas keep you looking dangerous which is a start :manny:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Why in the world did all these kids start wearing these masks all of a sudden?

Because trends are cyclical. You don't remember stick up dudes and kids in posses rocking these to cause havoc back in the early 90s?

It wasn't these exactly, it was the one that had the piece sticking out to cover the nose and usually they didn't cover the whole head, just from the cheek to above the throat.

You knew something was about to go down if you saw a dude rocking that, a baby-hat with the strings at the side, and a Columbia jacket :whoa:

Not sure about the rest of the country but in NYC it got so bad dudes were getting snatched up by 5-0 just for wearing them.

Nothing new under the sun fam. Today it's balaclavas, tomorrow it's back to the classic 3 holed ski mask, and so on and so forth. :francis:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I honestly don't see the appeal in wearing those masks 🤷🏾‍♀️ of course people are going to think negatively, people have wore masks of similar nature when committing crime of burglary, muggings, etc.

If I'd ever see my brother wearing that I'd whoop his ass, on god 💁🏾‍♀️.