Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
New Yorkers suck at football anyway, all the way up to their pro teams.
Because we don't eat, shyt, dream, sleep or breathe football, like the southern states do bc they have nothing better to do with their time, (it's either that or go to the shakey shack, bluegrass festival, tip over cows, put an extra layer of candy colored paint for their cars or pick up the tumbleweeds from off their lawns). Nothing else to do with those 500K acres of land but to build those football fields and stadiums.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
And then by the time they do start hitting when they’re 13 they’re gonna be bigger and faster but won’t know the fundamentals of tackling, so they’ll be making their mistakes at 13, but at greater speed with higher collision rates, than our little ones at 9 and 10.

Could probably take a squad of our 10 yr olds to New York right now and wear some 13-16 yr olds the fukk out.

Of course we know we’re more intelligent, but the Texan is also just naturally tougher as well, and built for any kind of tough physicality. It’s why we do so well with New York women.

Didn’t read this until I’d posted but you’re exactly right.
:martin:

I coached all levels from pop warner to HS here in NY and everything you said is bs.

Not calling you out personally because I don't know you, but this type of mindset is why I agree with the premise and won't let my boys play tackle until middle school. The quality of coaching in youth ball just isn't there to ensure the proper fundamentals. The weight of the helmet leads to players that age to naturally lean forward with the crown = exposure to neck and head injuries.

The REAL fundamentals of tackling (angle of pursuit/tracking, approach & coming to balance) can be successfully installed playing flag and flex (the game where they have the pads on the exterior of the helmets...the NFL actually trains with using Flex football as a result of the cba to limit full contact in practice read more here if you care Tackle Flexes Back - Flex Football). If you go through youtube and see the drills college teams use to teach tackling, you will see how none of what you are saying is accurate or applicable.ex:

Rugby style tackling is how it should be taught at all levels, which again, limits head exposure and can be installed without any helmets or pads. Pete Carroll has been teaching it this way since at least 2014 with Seahawks which is why you will hear it called Hawk tackling. Sometimes you'll hear it refered to as Gator/Roll tackling but it's all the same premise : removing the head from the point of contact.

Friday Night Tykes was some of the worst football from a coaching perspective I have ever seen. A bunch of Daddy ball nonsense that has to then be taught the correct way when they get to the MS/HS level. If you are serious about mastering your craft, go to the Glazier Clinics in Houston February 21-23rd ($25 for youth coaches).

2020 Houston Football Clinics, Texas Football Clinic

If you can't make the clinics, the online version will show you videos of past/current clinics. They have live webinars where you can ask questions, etc.

At the end of the day, we have to adapt in order to grow the game. The days of the big collisions are over and the sooner coaches on the younger levels understand this, the better all of us who love this shyt will be.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
We don’t love NY though :gucci:
So why is there a NY post every other day? nikkas on that young nikka, hittin' girls 'cause they like them steez.

Connecticut an/or Massachusetts are tyin' this same thing, but there's no CT/MA loss thread. I wonder why that is.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Tackle Football shouldn't start until you're in you Junior year of high school.

Flag football is more than enough to learn the game & develop your technique from ages 8-16.

But once you reach Varsity:

Most players that get scholarships and play in the NFL have been playing football since peewee league.

Society is just getting week these days.

Most players with injuries concussions and broken bones would do it all over again.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
No, not like this:lupe:. Good thing I live in Texas this shyt will never happen here. It's the south they eat shyt and sleep football down here. It would be some Yankee fakkits that would remove tackling from football. New York cacs:scust:
Good ole foozball, wet dogs, pork belly and the American flag.
rJ9ZEf6.png