New York lost, Vol: I lost count, considering banning tackle football for kids

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Most players that get scholarships and play in the NFL have been playing football since peewee league.

Society is just getting week these days.

Most players with injuries concussions and broken bones would do it all over again.

Not true.

Most players that make it to the league are multi-sport athletes.

MultiSportAthletes.JPG

Multi-sport athletes dominate first round of 2016 NFL Draft

Want to Play Football at Ohio State or Clemson? Try Playing Other Sports, Too

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps

Lol just because you play pee wee football doesn't mean you didn't play other sports. Everyone I played ball with that went D1 played football when they were younger along with other sports.

To be world class at anything takes years. Better to start when young.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Lol just because you play pee wee football doesn't mean you didn't play other sports. Everyone I played ball with that went D1 played football when they were younger along with other sports.

To be world class at anything takes years. Better to start when young.
:duck:

Edit: I have receipts

ASPEN INSTITUTE ANALYSIS

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady did not play tackle football until high school. Nor did Pro Football Hall of Fame members Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Anthony Munoz, Warren Sapp, Mike Haynes, Michael Strahan, and Lawrence Taylor — several of whom were known for their tackling ability. There’s no evidence to suggest youth tackle participation is a necessary precondition for high school, college and professional success, nor any showing that exposure to tackle football prior to high school reduces the risk of injury

https://assets.aspeninstitute.org/content/uploads/2018/09/FINAL-Future-of-Football-Paper.3.pdf

Last edited:

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
That’s embarrassing
:mjlol:

We know this. That’s why Texas builds 5 billion dollars stadiums for high schools. Like there’s anything better to do. Priorities much?
:francis:
We genuinely pondered moving to FL because we loved the area and where our loot could go & wha we could do. Then did the math about the schools. 25M stadium 3rd worst scores in the state, wifey salary being halved because they dont pay teachers :camby:

And then by the time they do start hitting when they’re 13 they’re gonna be bigger and faster but won’t know the fundamentals of tackling, so they’ll be making their mistakes at 13, but at greater speed with higher collision rates, than our little ones at 9 and 10.

As much as I slightly agree with your premise, its all about how they trained when they young. a breh broke it down better than i could earlier so i wont belabor the point. And my sons 11U squad played one of yall vaunted TX squads this summer ... :ehh:

edit: My main point tho this is less to do with being a NY thing and more to do with being a bastion of liberalism thing. the more liberal an area the more you seeing these anti tackle football arguments. I got friends in NY like :damn: yo kid plays actual football with with tackling.

:snoop:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Im on the fence about this, but I lean a lil towards ... yes, NY is right in this instance.

Then question becomes are they gone slide it up to younger than 14, which would remove middle school football which I played. :ohhh:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Im on the fence about this, but I lean a lil towards ... yes, NY is right in this instance.

Then question becomes are they gone slide it up to younger than 14, which would remove middle school football which I played. :ohhh:
I was a cheerleader 14 years ago - Do you think it will affect them too :ooh:

:beli:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The Patriots are arguably one of the greatest teams in history and Massachusetts also has this ban but apparently this ban is correlated to NYC sucking at football by losers like @flea whose a 4ft tall Dominican who wears transformer baggy shirts at the age of 31 who lives next to the Miami Dolphin arena

:russ: