New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
The Gawd @MartyMcFly has seen episode one :blessed:

Here is a snippet of his review

‘Blue Collar Hustle’ Shows Promise
New Web Series Needs To Smooth Out It’s Edges And Fill In The Blanks

Advance Review: Blue Collar Hustle drops this Sunday.

Blue Collar Hustle is a new web series following the life of Ajani Garvey, a young black man doing really well at his 9–5. He’s got a beautiful girlfriend (Anaya Bassett), a newborn, and he’s just gotten a promotion. One of his first edicts is to change the sense of morale and responsibility of the people now working under him in hopes of giving them the same set of wings he’s fitted for himself. As the episode goes on, something changes and from the last shot of the episode, we now know that he’s probably going to make a life-altering decision that will become the basis for the series going forward. Some of it works, some of it doesn’t, but if the premise of the show works for you, it might just be enough to carry you to the finish line."

Full review here

@Illeye buckmatic @hustlemania @Giselle @Paradise @Out2TheOld @BmoreGorilla @General Mills @Soymuscle Mike @Rarely-Wrong Liggins @-DMP- @Walt @IronFist @SoulController @Brooklynzson @The HONORABLE SKJ @CinnaSlim @BXKingPin82 @JoelB @mobbinfms @Milk N Cookies @ghostwriterx @BooksnCookies @Booksnrain @Inspect Her Deck @Stacker Pentecost @RoyalQ @cfountain @Wild self @Originalman @fillerguy @Achille @awkwardblackgirl @wire28 @Soundbwoy @AkaDemiK @Realdealholy @GoldenGlove @Rastafarian42 @Lady.Libra. @blazn101 @MoonGoddess @Colicat @True Blue Moon @Supreme HD @Prynce @Deltron @Responsible Allen Iverson

:ufdup:

But from watching the behind the scenes to reading the review, it seems like this definetly has potential. You gonna take some of his review to heart?

I tend to agree about the showing part (if that is true) it helps to tell the story through less writing because it allows the viewer to be invested enough to fill in the blanks. But I haven't seen it yet so :yeshrug:

But still, you working on your goals so :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:ufdup:

But from watching the behind the scenes to reading the review, it seems like this definetly has potential. You gonna take some of his review to heart?

I tend to agree about the showing part (if that is true) it helps to tell the story through less writing because it allows the viewer to be invested enough to fill in the blanks. But I haven't seen it yet so :yeshrug:

But still, you working on your goals so :blessed:

I wrote the first three episodes to form their own arc. The audience will get the gist of what the main conflict is going into episode 2 and understand comepletely by episode 3. This is two fold...

1). Life, real life doesn't present you with an existence defining conflict right off the bat. It happens over time as you formulate what it is you want to do, how you want to do it, and with whom you want to do it with. I don't want to give away too much before everyone has had a chance to see it for themselves but the awakening of Ajani takes place over the course of these three episodes. The big "Aha!" Moment is in episode 1 and how he plans to get the people who he wants involved to buy into it happens as the series progresses.

2). I want the audience to get a sense of the characters and who they were as people before I introduce the main conflict. I do this by having each episode focus on the perspective of one main character (think Lost, when they'd do a character "centric" episode that still moved the overall plot along) So as of the Pilot it may seem as if Ajani is the main character, but really and truly it's an ensemble.

I'm glad that @MartyMcFly wrote the way he did. I made SURE to tell him to leave nothing out about he how he felt, both good and bad. There have been 5 advance reviews released for the pilot, and all of them did exactly what I'd hoped, which was to focus on different aspects of the story. Every reviewer has a favored character. Every reviewer had something different they'd like to see get better as we go on. And that's EXACTLY what I wanted

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I wrote the first three episodes to form their own arc. The audience will get the gist of what the main conflict is going into episode 2 and understand comepletely by episode 3. This is two fold...

1). Life, real life doesn't present you with an existence defining conflict right off the bat. It happens over time as you formulate what it is you want to do, how you want to do it, and with whom you want to do it with. I don't want to give away too much before everyone has had a chance to see it for themselves but the awakening of Ajani takes place over the course of these three episodes. The big "Aha!" Moment is in episode 1 and how he plans to get the people who he wants involved to buy into it happens as the series progresses.

2). I want the audience to get a sense of the characters and who they were as people before I introduce the main conflict. I do this by having each episode focus on the perspective of one main character (think Lost, when they'd do a character "centric" episode that still moved the overall plot along) So as of the Pilot it may seem as if Ajani is the main character, but really and truly it's an ensemble.

I'm glad that @MartyMcFly wrote the way he did. I made SURE to tell him to leave nothing out about he how he felt, both good and bad. There have been 5 advance reviews released for the pilot, and all of them did exactly what I'd hoped, which was to focus on different aspects of the story. Every reviewer has a favored character. Every reviewer had something different they'd like to see get better as we go on. And that's EXACTLY what I wanted

On purpose?

Playing reviewers to make sure your vision is going in the right direction:wow:

Ensemble cast?!

I apologize for my brief lack of faith:wow: