New Series From Donald Glover ‘Swarm’ starring Dominique Fishback and Damson Idris

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
And i’m not too sold on Dre being the one who killed Marissa. The timeline doesn’t add up and her snapping and killing Khalid only makes a modicum of sense if she “blames” him for Marissa’s death

Dre didn't kill Marissa. Bunch of smart dumb nikkas making shyt more complicated than it needed to be.

Khalid's brother said it was a suicide.
The story is based on a real life fan who killed herself after finding out Beyonce was cheated on.

Her parents blame Dre because they're in denial and think their daughter wouldn't have died for some reason if Dre wasn't around.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Dre didn't kill Marissa. Bunch of smart dumb nikkas making shyt more complicated than it needed to be.

Khalid's brother said it was a suicide.
The story is based on a real life fan who killed herself after finding out Beyonce was cheated on.

Her parents blame Dre because they're in denial and think their daughter wouldn't have died for some reason if Dre wasn't around.

Exactly.

The theory doesn’t make any sense narratively or thematically

Superstar
Daps
I agree but someone has to put the money up for it. Glover got this show off the strength of Atlanta. He probably named his price and Amazon was like :feedme:

We'll see what happens tho. I look forward to whatever Donald Glover creates in the future. Same with Jordan Peele.

I think this show is only going to get him more opportunities, it will definitely get the cast some attention

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think this show is only going to get him more opportunities, it will definitely get the cast some attention

He’s got an overall development deal with Amazon. Swarm and the upcoming Mr & Mrs Smith reboot series are only the first two in deal. We’ll be seeing much more of Donald Glover’s work on Amazon for years to come, the even gave him his own specially branded “Hub” on Amazon Prime

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Episode six

VibrantMasculineAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

Finished it tonight overall I enjoyed it. Dominique really showed out. Donald has created another extension of what he started with Atlanta, we know what a DG visual looks like now and it's his to own. It feels like a horror movie from the 70's, we just travel from place to place as Dre just bringing dread and misery everywhere she goes.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Up to the last episode now, the ending of episode 6 got me for a second :russ:

They showed Donald Glover being interviewed IRL about the show had me like :dahell: and Dre in that episode wasn't Dominque Fishback, for a second, just for a second, I thought this show was based on a real serial killer that's still on the loose :merchant: I never got doped like this while watching Atlanta, for example I knew the Goofy movie episode was complete fiction.

Episode 6 ending is brilliant.

QBN

All Star
Daps
Watched two episodes ...I'm good, A psycho lesbian serial killer who hunts Black men is not my cup of tea. Thank y'all for the reviews, definitely don't feel I'm missing anything by skipping it.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
As much I have heard complaints about black shows shoddy writing via Power, BMF and Tyler Perry etc. you know danggone well that the shows catered to us are lacking in depth in the writing department. Thats why shows like 'Atlanta' are considered 'outsider' shows. "Atlanta" is normalized Realistic Anime. Donald Glover is proof that only the black weirdos can write. Normal black folk who arent weird or nerdy cannot do this. You mag call us Artsy....or artistic..but naw...the avg black person does not like story heavy stories....check how many actually read books. :ufdup:
Everything you just said was bullshyt (c) Shadow Henderson