New Neighbors Keep Walking Their Dogs On Howard’s Campus. Students Say It’s Disrespectful

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Now, I just read this part and it's unintentionally funny . People from Newark and who have been downtown (in the section where the colleges are) know exactly why the comments made me laugh. Julien must have spent all her summers at Howard taking classes.

Eh she was right though (at the time) I mean the real gentrification push happened literally right after she left.

As to the Howard students, they need to petition to make dog walking on campus grounds a fineable offense. There is a level of respect that needs to be had at such a storied University and no most colleges (public or private) do not let you walk dogs on their grounds. The residents must clearly not be picking up after their dogs.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
fukk howard and its racist history.
fukk the whining ass kids.
fukk the university security for not even trying to check non-students for coming on campus.
fukk everyone involved.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I can't believe people are really saying the Howard students are overreacting.

Howard has a real campus with gates and specific entrances, while the other DC campuses mentioned, at least in the cases of George Washington, have campuses that are integrated into the city, so there is no real separation.

Students have the right to walk to class without worrying about interacting with people and their pets. What's the point of having a campus setting if anybody can stroll through. Best believe these white schools in the hood have their campuses as "safe spaces". I remember visiting Yale back in the day and it was night and day, just crossing the street from campus.
I went to the biggest university in my city and it's in the heart of the downtown core... never seen a dog there one time... :francis:

let me go to howard and stand outside with the bleach n follow these cacs around till they stop coming around.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
If they're not picking up after their dogs then yeah it's a legit complaint. Any apartment buildings/complex in DC with a yard has a sign to pick up after your dogs.

If they pick up after their dogs and live in the neighborhood just walking their dogs, then what's the big deal? The dog walkers aren't hanging out they're just walking through.

And yeah around Georgetown campus close to residential neighborhoods you do see people walk their dogs and pass through campus grounds.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Me and my boy just had a big disagreement about this. In regards to the protest about the music played at the Metro PCS store. He's one of those "gentrification makes the neighborhood nicer" people. We're both black. He went to one of the white colleges in DC and I went to Howard and I used to like coming back to my black neighborhood that white people were still too afraid to come too. It hurt my heart to see 15 different condo buildings around Howard when I was there last month. Hurt my heart. That entire place will be 70% white in another 5 years, and in 20 years the only black people there will be the students. It went from being a mini-Harlem to being Austin. It's true what they say that you can never go back home :mjcry:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No you wouldn't. Keep your filthy beast on a leash and let him shyt on your steps.
:mjlol:
Something tells me the energy would be different at a Harvard or a Georgetown.

IIRC, Georgetown has a gate at the front so you can't even walk through there. Howard should follow suit.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

WOW THE CACS AND c00nS
CAME OUT IN FULL FORCE THIS MORNING.

:devil:
:evil:

Nah it’s just if you go to Howard the last thing you should be focusing your energy on and alerting the media about is a damn dog....

Between the housing issues, financial aid scams, trying to get the president removed multiple times, constant protests, campus police being called on students, classes canceled because of shytty buildings, etc

A damn white lady with a dog is so far down the list of things to be upset about.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Also you rarely get 100% of people walking their dogs to pick up all the poop. by law of averages there will always be some people he leave poop behind. I had to stop using a playground for my daughter because it was littered with poop everywhere.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Back in the day you know most white folks were prolly scared to step foot on an HBCU campus

My freshman year they used to be terrified to come to Shaw/U Street/LeDroit Park area. TERRIFIED.

My senior year I was walking downtown to the monuments as I would do some weekends and I saw a 9 year old white girl riding her bicycle with training wheels around U St and that's when I knew it was over :francis:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
:hhh: people willing to let the animals of beasts shyt on their history.

I can only hope the ignorance is coming from plants.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I hate dog lovers that be walking their agressive breed dogs in crowded public areas, forcing us to cross the street when they come around with their unstable ass dogs :scust: