New Neighbors Keep Walking Their Dogs On Howard’s Campus. Students Say It’s Disrespectful

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
I feel them on this tho. When it was a black neighborhood you know this didn’t happen. Cacs coming thru with their Labradors letting them piss all on an HBCU campus. fukk all that. Guarantee if these same students were all out an about off campus these cacs would be nervous

The fact that you had to break this down is really telling about how stupid people on this forum are.

This type of activity would never be permitted en masse if it were predominantly black people doing it at a PWI.

Look at how schools like Fordham, USC and even Columbia to an extent (schools in the hood), actively ensure they insulate their campus from the 'other.'

Not to mention how white people will go out of their way to try to make us think we're out of place literally anywhere. Again, a lot of y'all are stupid as fukk...stick to shaderoom articles.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
[
Students should fight to get no dog policy and signs for the entire campus. fukk all the talking.

DogSIGN00000001_1495222883643_9507589_ver1.0.jpg

PETS
KNOW THE LAWS: Dog leash laws in DC, MD and VA
Pet owners must follow leash laws to keep pets and people safe in public.

Author: Elizabeth Jia
Published: 7:10 PM EDT May 21, 2017
Updated: 7:13 PM EDT May 21, 2017
Pet owners must follow leash laws to keep pets and people safe in public.

But in a recent WUSA9 story, we highlighted examples where people were not complying.

Here are the penalties to breaking leash laws in DC and area counties:

District of Columbia

DC Dept. of Parks and Recreation: Policies and Regulation

2.5. DOGS

2.5.1. Pursuant to District law, no person owning, keeping or having custody of a dog in the District shall permit the dog to be on any public space in the District (with the exception of an official District dog park), unless the dog is firmly secured by a substantial leash. The leash shall be held by a person capable of managing the dog.

2.5.2. No dogs are permitted, with the exception of registered service dogs, on natural turf or synthetic turf fields, athletic courts, pools and pool areas, or playground areas.

2.5.3. Off-‐‐leash dogs are only permitted in DPR's designated dog park facilities and pursuant to applicable District laws and regulations.

Penalty:
Violators of DC Leash Law will be fined up to $25 for the first violation, $50 for the second violation happening within a 24-month period, and $100 for each following violation within a 24-month period. Civil charges may also apply.

==================================================================================================

Those are the laws about dogs in city parks/general leash and dog laws.

HU students who are from DC should try to get stronger language added to state that no dogs on college campuses,and campus cops should strongly enforce it.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[
Those are the laws about dogs in city parks/general leash and dog laws.

HU students who are from DC should try to get stronger language added to state that no dogs on college campuses,and campus cops should strongly enforce it.

Howard can make their own policies surrounding dogs on campus and they apparently don't have any. The students need to focus their energy on getting Howard to change their policies if the dogs are really problem(which I doubt they are...its probably more about the people walking the dogs). But I doubt that happens, Howard has much bigger issues than that....that school is going to shyt.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Right.
I never been to howard but most private schools got some kinda gate or fence around them to keep folk out, or at least the ones I've visited.

I used to party at Duke back in the day, anytime they won the championship the whole campus goes into lockdown mode. You want in, be prepared to show student ID and parking pass. Police barricades at most of the main entrances. They can lock down private universities whenever.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dogs :scusthov:

imagine walking around behind one of the stupidest animals on the planet to pick up its shyt. not a "joy" i'll ever experience :mjlol:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Let the white man walk his dog, they ain't hurting nobody:mjcry:" I can't even be mad at this sometimes nikkas ain't trying to be around cacs and they dogs, just the same as they ain't trying to be around us either

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The fact that you had to break this down is really telling about how stupid people on this forum are.

This type of activity would never be permitted en masse if it were predominantly black people doing it at a PWI.

Look at how schools like Fordham, USC and even Columbia to an extent (schools in the hood), actively ensure they insulate their campus from the 'other.'

Not to mention how white people will go out of their way to try to make us think we're out of place literally anywhere. Again, a lot of y'all are stupid as fukk...stick to shaderoom articles.
Some people here are either very young or just have limited experiences and perspectives. Their comments attest to that.

Black students at PWI schools located in Black areas are profiled by campus cops, even cops who see them every day. Literally made to feel out of place in a school that they attend.

White people feel right at home and act like they run the place everywhere they set their feet. Blacks who feel inferior to white people fall right in line with them doing whatever they want to do.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
???
College campuses aren't gated communities.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The main reason why I am confused is that the greens o these universities are manicured and watered everyday and believe it or not most people pick up after their dogs. I have never seen dog shyt at any of the college's I've been to and people constantly walked their dogs.