New Neighbors Keep Walking Their Dogs On Howard’s Campus. Students Say It’s Disrespectful

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
For those of you siding with the dog walkers. Do an experiment, trying making a local white university a black hangout and see what happens.
We had a local liberal arts college in the town i grew up in and they would call the cops on us all the time if we were caught hanging out there.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For those of you siding with the dog walkers. Do an experiment, trying making a local white university a black hangout and see what happens.
We had a local liberal arts college in the town i grew up in and they would call the cops on us all the time if we were caught hanging out there.
I went to two PWI and white people walked their dogs all over the greens. This is just something white people do. I doubt they are trying to intentionally disrespect the campus. Howard needs to up grounds staff if people are really seeing dog shyt everywhere go in hard on people who aren't picking up after their dog.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I went to two PWI and white people walked their dogs all over the greens. This is just something white people do. I doubt they are trying to intentionally disrespect the campus. Howard needs to up grounds staff if people are really seeing dog shyt everywhere go in hard on people who aren't picking up after their dog.
Doesn't change the fact that there is double standard. No predominantly white university would allow itself to become a hangout for the local black community.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
“When I first started at Howard in 2014, there were still a lot of black faces [in the neighborhood],” says Julien Broomfield, a senior at Howard from Newark, a majority black city in New Jersey. “When I came to D.C., it wasn’t so much a culture shock to me because it reminded me of home. It doesn’t remind me of home anymore. It’s a very drastic change.”

Now, I just read this part and it's unintentionally funny . People from Newark and who have been downtown (in the section where the colleges are) know exactly why the comments made me laugh. Julien must have spent all her summers at Howard taking classes.

Geode

All Star
Daps
I can't believe people are really saying the Howard students are overreacting.

Howard has a real campus with gates and specific entrances, while the other DC campuses mentioned, at least in the cases of George Washington, have campuses that are integrated into the city, so there is no real separation.

Students have the right to walk to class without worrying about interacting with people and their pets. What's the point of having a campus setting if anybody can stroll through. Best believe these white schools in the hood have their campuses as "safe spaces". I remember visiting Yale back in the day and it was night and day, just crossing the street from campus.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
This ain’t even a race thing it’s just an ignorance thing. No need for that long ass article just go to student council and have them send an email and put a sign up :russell:

And to keep it a bean we had geese at my college and couldn’t do a thing about it. Green drops everywhere :scust:

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
I'm a 2015 HU Alumn and I remember white people walking on campus all the time, sometimes with dogs :yeshrug:

Most of them come to visit Howard because it's so historical. Plus black parents bring their dogs on campus all the time.

:ufdup: That Administration building and the fukkery that goes on there is what the students really were protesting during my time there.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
2em2byr.jpg

Please tell me one of yall CGI'd that CAC license plate over a Confederate flag!:russ:

@3Rivers you taking your talents to another level :wow:

Ric Shaw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
By the replies in this thread, you can obviously see how many racist white people there are on this site. Any self-respecting black person should be mad that white people have the audacity to let their dog defecate on The Yard of one the most well-known HBCU

Last edited:

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
I can't believe people are really saying the Howard students are overreacting.

Howard has a real campus with gates and specific entrances, while the other DC campuses mentioned, at least in the cases of George Washington, have campuses that are integrated into the city, so there is no real separation.

Students have the right to walk to class without worrying about interacting with people and their pets. What's the point of having a campus setting if anybody can stroll through. Best believe these white schools in the hood have their campuses as "safe spaces". I remember visiting Yale back in the day and it was night and day, just crossing the street from campus.

Bruh our gates were always open at HU lmao fukk you talking about ? Unless it changed since I graduated from there in 15' .