New Kendrick Lamar song

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -

Consumers like this is one of the reasons Hip Hop is where it's at right now.

The less words in a song, the better it is for nikkas like this. They just want a beat/melody/and a couple of bars about sex/money/harming their opps/ or drugs. :francis:

I bet if Nas The Message, Jay Z Song Cry, DMX Slippin, or Beanie Feel It In The Air, which are 100x better than this Kendrick song came out right now they would say those songs are mid as well.

Man I hope you'd be wrong but the youth of today really don't seem to care about substance and there's a lack of soul in the music and that mirrors a lot of people today.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Rory and Mal said it was rumor that K. Dot mentioned Lecrae because of this interview. I felt that way but didn't say nothing because some would say it's reaching. But it could be a coincidence

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Where’s the substance in this song?

just off him saying folks should pray like Lucrae alone

But the whole song is about getting ya mind and spirit right and getting out of the numbness and what a lot of times amount to evil and death.

Rich Homie Quan just passed away to what we think was drug addition and he admitted to using Molly himself. Kendrick calling out this negative culture we got going and I hope it makes some of the youth think about how they living. It may not but at least he came with some Substance.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps

The less words in a song, the better it is for nikkas like this. They just want a beat/melody/and a couple of bars about sex/money/harming their opps/ or drugs. :francis:

I bet if Nas The Message, Jay Z Song Cry, DMX Slippin, or Beanie Feel It In The Air, which are 100x better than this Kendrick song came out right now they would say those songs are mid as well.

It's cool. He can pull up Dem Franchise Boys, D4L, V.I.C. ,DJ Unk etc and rock out. We don't need to hear how ignorant he is

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's cool. He can pull up Dem Franchise Boys, D4L, V.I.C. ,DJ Unk etc and rock out. We don't need to hear how ignorant he is

Basically. If you don't like the song fine whatever. That's your right and clearly that shyt isn't for everyone. But I have a real problem with people dismissing art for being too smart or too verbose or because they don't understand it - while simutaneously demanding everything be party or vibe related. That shyt is regressive as fukk to me and rather embarrassing. I have more respect for someone saying I don't like the beat, the rhymes are too preachy, it lacks energy, sounds like a Lupe song, whatever. At least those are matters of personal taste instead of mental decline.

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Basically. If you don't like the song fine whatever. That's your right and clearly that shyt isn't for everyone. But I have a real problem with people dismissing art for being too smart or too verbose or because they don't understand it - while simutaneously demanding everything be party or vibe related. That shyt is regressive as fukk to me and rather embarrassing. I have more respect for someone saying I don't like the beat, the rhymes are too preachy, it lacks energy, sounds like a Lupe song, whatever. At least those are matters of personal taste instead of mental decline.
He talks nothing but bullshyt and he's a hypocrite

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He talks nothing but bullshyt and he's a hypocrite
Those are your opinions! I disagree but am fine with that as long as you're capable of enjoying songs that aren't anthems, bangers, up tempo, party tracks. I assume that's the case given your avi. You may be a Drake dikk riding fakkit who loves the attention but hey, you must like SOME good rap too based off the avi.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY

He admitted Drake is corny and still praised him at the same time :dead: These kind of fans are brain dead.