NEW JAY Z VIDEO: The Story Of OJ

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I dug the jewlz hov dropped but why the c00ny big lip characters:jbhmm: I'm still trying to get the significance. Is it cause he using it to say that's how white people look at us no matter how big we get.

The homie @Geoffrey_Chaucer said it best and most succinctly:

He telling u in the song
Crackas will never view u as nothing but a nikka no matter who u are
Then used imagery to prove it
Which is the way they portrayed nikkas in cartoons

So these new nikkas will realize the fake props they get now don't mean shyt from whitey

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
Took him 2 decades to give the folk them jewels.. better late than never

Track is bananas

tumblr_nohd2q1eI21up1xeao1_500.gif

tumblr_nohd2q1eI21up1xeao2_500.gif

tumblr_nohd2q1eI21up1xeao3_500.gif

tumblr_nohd2q1eI21up1xeao4_500.gif

tumblr_nohd2q1eI21up1xeao5_500.gif

Jay been speaking on issues in our community.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Basically...no matter who you are..what you represent..you still a nikka..nobody ever embodied this reality more then Obama....them cacs showed they would rather let the country burn then to let a black man run them....

The homie @Geoffrey_Chaucer said it best and most succinctly:

This guy gets it.

Lol thanks y'all. Guess I'm an over thinker but when I first saw those images I thought what the hell is HOV trying to say but I like the way he did this. That's really dope :banderas: Jay is one of the best in rap and he proved it again with this album.

Also NoChill, you're right man. They tried to say Obama wasn't American, that he was a Muslim and that he and his wife did a terrorist fist bump when he gave her dap :mindblown: White America disrespected him so much it was ridiculous.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I hate the big lips, what does the c00nyness represent :scust: Is he trying to flip the imagery or reclaim it?
This is the only imagery that was used to portray blacks prior to the 40s. I believe his point is that nothing has really changed and this is really how most white people still view blacks today. Like it or not deal with the reality.
With that said this song is fire! HOV!

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

I think that I would have felt better about the usage of such provocative racial imagery if he didn't use a white director for it, bypassing Ryan Coogler, Hype, Benny Boom, Paris Barclay,
Spike Lee, Ava Duvernay, Malcolm Lee, John Singleton, Carl Franklin, Kevin Bray, etc.

Mark Romanek
6a00d8341bf6c153ef011571690fb7970b-800wi.jpg

After weeks of hints, teases, trailers, and promos, JAY-Z has dropped his latest album “4:44” — available only on streaming service Tidal — along with a much-hyped visual accompaniment in the form of an animated music video directed by the rapper and Mark Romanek.

While expectations long held that JAY-Z would deliver a full visual album to match the new album, likely drawing inspiration from his own wife Beyonce’s work on her lauded “Lemonade,” a lush and compelling visual album that accompanied her latest album while standing magnificently on its own, the result appears to be something much slimmer and more traditional.

JAY-Z and Mark Romanek Unveil ‘4:44’ Animated Video for ‘The Story of O.J.’
Interesting point. If this country is to advance it has to confront its racist past, white people have to be a part of the open dialogue or else the discussion remains static. Hell they are calling slaves tourists or workers or some shyt in Texas schoolbooks. You may feel better if it were a black director but the larger issue is white people have to own this shyt too not deny its existence. I actually commend the director.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now if we can get black people to not call each other nikkas and not look at each other as just nikkas.

shyt was cool I guess. But who doesn't know credit is important who doesn't know buying stuff that appreciates is more important than buying stuff that instantly loses value? Even though he's rapped about the opposite for years.

I ain't tryna hate cause I'm a big jay fan but I hate this imager just like I hate seeing slave movies every other year.

Seems more like a reminder than a warning.
He did well with Hollywood and white folks in general til he got his wake up call with the murders and white folks ditched his ass and took almost all of his money.
:dwillhuh:
I wouldn't call people not liking you cause they think you murdered people a wake up call.