NEW JAY Z VIDEO: The Story Of OJ

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
:what: jay has been dropping jewels, not just on the level that he is now.

You know what I'm talking about fam don't be naive.. He wasn't spittin this type of shyt, teaching brehs about wealth building and good credit.. like he said he could've bought a building in dumbo and sold it for 25 mill today..

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
why is this jiggaboo time cartoon being used as imagery?

art barr

I think that I would have felt better about the usage of such provocative racial imagery if he didn't use a white director for it, bypassing Ryan Coogler, Hype, Benny Boom, Paris Barclay,
Spike Lee, Ava Duvernay, Malcolm Lee, John Singleton, Carl Franklin, Kevin Bray, etc.

Mark Romanek
6a00d8341bf6c153ef011571690fb7970b-800wi.jpg

After weeks of hints, teases, trailers, and promos, JAY-Z has dropped his latest album “4:44” — available only on streaming service Tidal — along with a much-hyped visual accompaniment in the form of an animated music video directed by the rapper and Mark Romanek.

While expectations long held that JAY-Z would deliver a full visual album to match the new album, likely drawing inspiration from his own wife Beyonce’s work on her lauded “Lemonade,” a lush and compelling visual album that accompanied her latest album while standing magnificently on its own, the result appears to be something much slimmer and more traditional.

JAY-Z and Mark Romanek Unveil ‘4:44’ Animated Video for ‘The Story of O.J.’

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
why is this jiggaboo time cartoon being used as imagery?

art barr
Did u even listen to the lyrics? :dead:

He telling u in the song
Crackas will never view u as nothing but a nikka no matter who u are
Then used imagery to prove it
Which is the way they portrayed nikkas in cartoons

So these new nikkas will realize the fake props they get now don't mean shyt from whitey

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
@Wallychamp @LEE Everyday

Wasn't a knock on Jay's work here, nor an unneeded comparison (E-40 vs Rakim: who betta??)

What I meant are two things, to get it clear:

1 Jay hops on a lane he isn't really suited for because it's hot righ now (racism, crimes against blacks, Get Out movie, Kendrick among others putting popular work out including these issues)

2 we all know he don't really care. Dude lives the most luxurious lavish life not giving a fukk about you lil nikkas in here

Breh are you aware of all the things Jay has done as far as charities, programs and giving back since he's been rich?

he's been involved when it comes black social matters and black youth... to say he doesn't care is just plain ridiculous or you're highly misinformed... but you feel how you feel... :yeshrug:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay rapped a lot about hustling and i loved those songs. Great to see him switch it up a bit cause i felt like the hustling thing was a bit outplayed by him. But than it's his persona. Jay was the ultimate hustler when he came out with Reasonable Doubt.
He rapped about hustling in this song too tho

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
Did u even listen to the lyrics? :dead:

He telling u in the song
Crackas will never view u as nothing but a nikka no matter who u are
Then used imagery to prove it
Which is the way they portrayed nikkas in cartoons

So these new nikkas will realize the fake props they get now don't mean shyt from whitey

It's unbelievable people actually don't get the basic concept to the video... :what: