Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If he hit why was he on the couch?
Back in 2001, I had a chick over to the crib, we watched miss evers boys back when they first dropped digital cable, when the movie was over, I asked her did she want to go to the bed or the couch, she said couch

Who knows why..:yeshrug:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Holy shyt that’s the dude who play Kendall :ohhh:
The way you watch this will greatly affect how you see this, so with that being said...

I'm watching this almost purely as a comedy, and I'm finding it hilarious. Any time it (or I) start to lean towards watching it as a drama, I get annoyed (because like Billions, I really don't give a fukk about the life of rich people which is why I tapped out on that show among other reasons)

It really is just Arrested DevelopVeep and in that way, I think it's top notch TV and I'm glad I went into it knowing who was creating it and having the idea that while it looks serious, and the story is grounded/based in reality, it's at its very best if you go in to it prepared to not take it or anybody in it seriously.

As long as they stay doing what they're doin', I'm all the way in.
Not sure when you tapped out on Billions but they’ve fully embraced the comedic side in season 3 and it got significantly better. They stopped taking it so seriously and the quality went way up.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Not sure when you tapped out on Billions but they’ve fully embraced the comedic side in season 3 and it got significantly better. They stopped taking it so seriously and the quality went way up.

I gave up about 3 or 4 eps into S3. And it wasn’t just the taking it too seriously part that irked me. It was other, little things that just added up to a show that I didn’t like, I just tolerated.

Like the fact that everybody quoted movies like the Godfather, but also quoted renaissance era French poetry, or philosophy, or literature etc. and not only that, every character who has to hear another character randomly quote that shyt understands it. It’s just one of those shows where you can feel the hand of the creator a little too heavily and he/she is feeling themselves a little too much to rein it in (or the network/development execs aren’t strong enough to tell the dude to pull back on it).

I read/heard something recently where Brian Koppleman (the creator) said that Billions is like his repository for everything he likes. It’s the show where he can talk about all the art, movies, food etc. he fukks with and when I heard that it all made sense to me. That’s why one minute Chuck’s wife is making deep-cut sports analogies or Dollar Bill is quoting French poets when he’s beating up a car. The writers don’t have the restraint to save appropriate dialogue for the appropriate characters or times.

And ultimately it makes it seem like a dumber show in a weird way when it feels like your shoehorning first year college lessons into conversation to seem smarter than you are.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Kendall's story is just sad. I really want to know more about his family with Rava. Did he and her just adopt two special needs kids or something? That shyt is bizarre.
Kendall hanging up on his estranged wife is the smartest decision he made all season #successionHBO

But really I'm just here to hear how shiv didn't cheat, never seen so many black militants defend a White woman, let alone heiress

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Logan served Tom that ether right to his face and he ate it like any words he was thinking of after. :mjlol: This is your hero?!

I'm hoping Kendall is just on a bender and gets his shyt back together. I hope he doesn't go out like this.

Shiv is a freak bytch. Still a bytch but she scored some points tonight. :shaq:
lol @ their fake Bernie Sanders. Who is that guy? He gets a lot of supporting cable roles.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I'm already annoyed with Fake Gyllenhaal and his Shiv obsession. Dude seems pointless

And the actor playing Kendall is 10x better as a drug addict than he is at playing the scared, bumbling Kendall

RIP to Tom's soul too :mjcry:

With all of the disrespect that he's been getting, I think finding out about Shiv could send him over the edge

He has dirt on the company and Greg got the receipts

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this has to be hte most unlikeable family on tv ever. To the point i want to see the dad continue to thrive. i couldnt imagine trying to dethrone your own father. lmfao just to get your seat.

i will be curious if someone plays the game better and just uses logan as a chess piece it looks like kendalls friend is doing just that. I also dont think weve seen the last of logans brother

shiv is such a shytty person bruh. cheating on her husband and taking down her father. Is she mad at him for firing kendall? we need a power ranking of most or least likable person. or shyttiest person. cant wait for young gawd greg to accidently have some power

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
this has to be hte most unlikeable family on tv ever. To the point i want to see the dad continue to thrive. i couldnt imagine trying to dethrone your own father. lmfao just to get your seat.

i will be curious if someone plays the game better and just uses logan as a chess piece it looks like kendalls friend is doing just that. I also dont think weve seen the last of logans brother

shiv is such a shytty person bruh. cheating on her husband and taking down her father. Is she mad at him for firing kendall? we need a power ranking of most or least likable person. or shyttiest person. cant wait for young gawd greg to accidently have some power
My most to least shytty Roy kid list:
Roman
Shiv
Kendall
Connor

But yes all shytty. lol

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My most to least shytty Roy kid list:
Roman
Shiv
Kendall
Connor

But yes all shytty. lol

i got
Shiv
Kendall
Roman
Connor

connor wouldnt be shytty if he didnt think he could buy his girl. i woudl like to hear more about him

is roman mcully culkins brother :dwillhuh:
LMFAO! he is i didnt know he was fuller in home alone

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i got
Shiv
Kendall
Roman
Connor

connor wouldnt be shytty if he didnt think he could buy his girl. i woudl like to hear more about him

is roman mcully culkins brother :dwillhuh:
LMFAO! he is i didnt know he was fuller in home alone
He also is on some super Republican shyt as well. But yeah, he is easily the least shytty. He could give a fukk about the company. They are all rich for generations. They Roy media empire could end and the only change to their lives is they would have a lot more free time. lol