New Digital Series X leaks along with new haptic controller, 499.99 and 69.99, - 2024 release

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The battery life in any DualSense is lackluster. On my Xbox I still use the original Elite controller because I can slap a pair of Eneloops into it and keep playing. If you have a rechargeable battery with 40 hours of battery life that’s good. If it’s 6-10 I’d rather just be able to open and replace the batteries myself.

The replaceable batteries was the one thing they had right on the controller. Sad to see them mess that up chasing trends. These shyts aren’t cell phones. They don’t need sealed in trash batteries with poor life.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
there’s a reason sony doesn’t have a web browser, the leaks just stated that Microsoft was planning on forcing GPU on playstation through them

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its wild to me that next year sony is putting out a pro model and nintendo is releasing a successor to the switch and microsoft is…releasing a digital series x :skip:

Its like 4 years into the generation they realized sony did everything right at the beginning and now they are doing a heel turn.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
The battery life in any DualSense is lackluster. On my Xbox I still use the original Elite controller because I can slap a pair of Eneloops into it and keep playing. If you have a rechargeable battery with 40 hours of battery life that’s good. If it’s 6-10 I’d rather just be able to open and replace the batteries myself.

The replaceable batteries was the one thing they had right on the controller. Sad to see them mess that up chasing trends. These shyts aren’t cell phones. They don’t need sealed in trash batteries with poor life.
Ehh, just put it here when you’re done playing…

61I4OTK7DUL.jpg

:snooze:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I mean your competitor trying to side load their entire gaming ecosystem onto your platform is a pretty good reason to not have one

Its what apple and epic have been in court over for the last 4 years
obviously a web browser could be used to access a lot of non-Sony content

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ehh, just put it here when you’re done playing…

61I4OTK7DUL.jpg

:snooze:
What about when I'm still playing and I get a pop up message that the battery is low and to keep playing I either have to switch to a second controller or plug a cable into the top and be tethered to the console?

I would still rather be able to in 15 seconds swap out rechargeable batteries. People act like having a sealed in battery on a controller is a Godsent. It's not.

On a cellphone you can make the argument that sealing the battery into the device lead to better sleeker designs. Game controllers are big and bulky either way. There aren't any advantages.