New Digital Series X leaks along with new haptic controller, 499.99 and 69.99, - 2024 release

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
On one respect it's really unfortunate that Xbox is phasing out physical media. A move like this will only accelerate the decline of physical media. On the other hand my platform of choice is PlayStation so even if they're showing signs of leaning to phasing it out they at least still have plans for an optional disc drive on that side.

Xbox is simply a Game Pass device for me and could never be my platform of choice anyway.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Adaptive triggers are nice, but I also turn that shyt off if I’m not playing a movie game
I'm just saying it's all an evolution of the same concept. at some point someone started branding their iteration "haptic feedback", but all this was always haptic feedback

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
On one respect it's really unfortunate that Xbox is phasing out physical media. A move like this will only accelerate the decline of physical media. On the other hand my platform of choice is PlayStation so even if they're showing signs of leaning to phasing it out they at least still have plans for an optional disc drive on that side.

Xbox is simply a Game Pass device for me and could never be my platform of choice anyway.
Honestly the decline of physical media was a result of the Apple Store and then the Google store. Then Spotify.

consoles just the last holdout.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Honestly the decline of physical media was a result of the Apple Store and then the Google store. Then Spotify.

consoles just the last holdout.
When games go on sale still having physical media means you have options and competing retailers. Spotify doesn't make you buy albums individually. Google Play and Apple App Store are usually about in app purchases. Also both Apple and Google (already does) will be letting users sideload apps from any source.

I'm not really ever a fan of people having options taken away for them for no justifiable reason. Especially when the companies taking those options away are advantaged to do so.

It's like the thing with the batteries. People act like having the sealed in battery is a big deal but you could either buy AAs, have rechargeable AAAs or get a replaceable dedicated rechargeable battery pack. There's no real advantage to having that taken away. There are disadvantages though.