New Cartoon From Creator Of Samurai Jack About Dinosaurs And Cavemen Offical PRIMAL Thread

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
All we know about vreh is that he was a powerhouse, walked on water, and shapeshifted. We don’t know how durable he was or if there was a downside to this power.

Fang and Spear fought all night versus a bug armada, slaughtered an entire village, and, took down a megaldon shark. There’s precedence for them set in these insurmountable odds.

I get the the tired part but shyt you think be done after nursing that village or seeing his family get merked, or that Irish village getting merked.

At worst we should’ve got 1 more episode to flesh out this fight. At best one more season to explore Spear & Mira. Surtr was way underexplored and that could’ve made for an amazing opportunity to throw the group into hell. You can’t get more Primal than that.
Well we found out his weakness this episode. His powers were linked to Spears defeat. Once he defeated Spear he was dragged back to viking hell. On the flip side Spear went out with a bang.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Man fukk this show.

Nobody wins.

Got to the end of the Fighting for freedom episode and you got that big molten demonic nikka walking right toward them at the end.

:what:

Edit

Woooow that's how they ending it???

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Good interview. Sounds like Genndy still has a lot on his plate and it would be a minute before a S3 arrives if it gets renewed. I do like the idea of switching to the anthology format.

I see it ending. [laughs] I don't want to do this story further.
:mjcry:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Sounds like he just got bored of dinosaurs and cavemen. :francis:

So is the show specifically about Spear's daughter going forward? Or do you see Primal as becoming more about Spear's family?
I see it ending. [laughs] I don't want to do this story further. I feel like this season we've done it all, in a way. I want it to almost become an anthology show, where season 3 would still be called Primal, but with a different subheading. Low-dialogue, high-emotion, survival, rawness, visual storytelling: All that stuff, but with different characters. There's more things I want to do with Primal, not necessarily Spear and Fang. Maybe if there's a giant outcry, we'll continue the story with his daughter and Mira and the dinosaurs. I'd have to really think about it.

There was an episode this season, "The Primal Theory," which introduced an entirely new time and setting. I'm curious: As viewers, should we interpret that 1890s England adventure as a complete breakaway, or is it meant to connect to the Spear-Fang story?
It's for sure connected. They're discussing the savagery inside of yourself, and we just came off the most savage episode that we've ever done, with the brutality and how far [Spear and Fang] were pushed to kill all these innocent people. It was a little bit of a reset. I loved the feeling of giving the show a little verbal context, slightly, in this horrific episode.
I legit believe “Primal Theory” is just a backdoor pilot for the Primal Anthology show. On one hand I would watch that show, because PT is proof of concept, but man do I wish he used that time to flesh out Spear and Fang’s ending.
Some viewers think "Primal Theory" proves the rest of the show is actually set in the far future. Can you comment on that?
Absolutely not in the future.
At least he ended that theory

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Sounds like he just got bored of dinosaurs and cavemen. :francis:

I legit believe “Primal Theory” is just a backdoor pilot for the Primal Anthology show. On one hand I would watch that show, because PT is proof of concept, but man do I wish he used that time to flesh out Spear and Fang’s ending.

At least he ended that theory

Daps
I just watched the last episode of Season 2.

My man (technically neanderthal) Spear is gone. :mjcry: Or is he? ( 99% sure that he's gone).

The ending was defo rushed but it was still good.

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
RIP Spear
Went out like a G
:mjcry: :wow:

I agree with some bruhs in here regarding Spear & Mira being intimate at the end was not what we expect
It’d be better if they slept with each other before Spear death
Ain’t no way Spear would beat the demon Viking so it made sense for his death
Hence Spear pops died to protect his clan

I wonder what this “Primal Theory”
would be set?
I still want another season of Spears daughter

Overall great season

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I'm trying to decide on what's my favorite episode of the 1st 2 seasons:patrice: It's really difficult becuz there's soooo many great episodes

Hmm let's see I think my top 3 off the top of my head are,

Rage of the Ape Men - Spear drinking that black goo and sending them apes to their doom was amazing
Plague of Madness - That giant ass sauropod wasn't playing no games:huhldup:

The Red Mist - Spear & Fang (and even Mira) went absolutely beserk on everybody and them Vikings deserved it too:birdman:

:banderas:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm trying to decide on what's my favorite episode of the 1st 2 seasons:patrice: It's really difficult becuz there's soooo many great episodes

Hmm let's see I think my top 3 off the top of my head are,

Rage of the Ape Men - Spear drinking that black goo and sending them apes to their doom was amazing
Plague of Madness - That giant ass sauropod wasn't playing no games:huhldup:

The Red Mist - Spear & Fang (and even Mira) went absolutely beserk on everybody and them Vikings deserved it too:birdman:

:banderas:
:ehh:I'm not mad at that list. Mine would involve the night creature episode, the plague, and probably the mist OR the episode where Spear and Fang are on the ocean. The visuals in that episode :whoo::gladbron: