New cars are such a ripoff

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I really want a 4runner or a entry level SUV.....

What's a good one that low maintenance? I got a 2010 Accord I want to get rid of.

I also love the TL-S but that's like 09 so I was wondering if the maintenance is high on that.

I was going to try to cop something from the auction for under 10k just newer.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm talking about these dudes paying cash for some hoopty. And that being their main vehicle.

I got an old 2013 vehicle as a daily driver. And just park my 2019 and only drive it when I have someplace nice to go.
I'm not driving a hoopty anymore. I don't like car payment but I'm not anti-car payment at this point in life. I drove a hoopty for 5 years and it did me financially good to do it but in the late stages I put more into the car than it was worth because I thought I could save it. It was dumb to put $3000 into a $1500 car because I thought I could get years more out of it. Eventually stuff kept breaking on it so frequently I had to scrap it.

Moms gave me that car for free. It wasn't a total loss but still. For me if I look to get another car I'm looking for a lease turn-in with the Carfax that documents the maintenance at a dealership only. I'm not losing sleep it another human being passed gas in the damn thing I'll just get it cleaned before buying.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm not driving a hoopty anymore. I don't like car payment but I'm not anti-car payment at this point in life. I drove a hoopty for 5 years and it did me financially good to do it but in the late stages I put more into the car than it was worth because I thought I could save it. It was dumb to put $3000 into a $1500 car because I thought I could get years more out of it. Eventually stuff kept breaking on it so frequently I had to scrap it.

Moms gave me that car for free. It wasn't a total loss but still. For me if I look to get another car I'm looking for a lease turn-in with the Carfax that documents the maintenance at a dealership only. I'm not losing sleep it another human being passed gas in the damn thing I'll just get it cleaned before buying.

Y’all judging others for buying whips but getting free cars :hhh:

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I’ve been looking for a 1994 Nissan Sentra for a while and I saw a decent one on Facebook :ohhh: decent price too

decided to sleep on it. It’s a toy, I don’t need a car :yeshrug:

On my bicycle ride to work this morning I saw another MINT 94 Sentra. I was shocked. Gave the driver a head nod and kept it moving.

that was a sign to cop :banderas:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New cars have been and always will be a rip off.
One of the richest lil' ole white dudes I've met in my life (multiple homes, millions set
for retirement etc.) had been driving the same Honda Civic for fourteen years.
Right up until it died and he had the cash to promptly replace it.

But aye, if you disagree, I'mma let you, do you.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Y’all judging others for buying whips but getting free cars :hhh:
If my mother gave me another car I'd take that too. I bought the car I have now but I'd sell it in a heartbeat for a free decent car.

I'm also not judging anybody for anything. New cars are a ripoff. If you think they aren't go to the dealer now and buy a car drive it a few blocks then turn around and try to sell it back to them and see if you can get what you paid for it. From a mechanical standpoint it's in virtually the same condition it was when you bought it. More than likely they'll give you 10% less.

You tell me how something that expensive can lose such value that fast and not be a ripoff.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
If my mother gave me another car I'd take that too. I bought the car I have now but I'd sell it in a heartbeat for a free decent car.

I'm also not judging anybody for anything. New cars are a ripoff. If you think they aren't go to the dealer now and buy a car drive it a few blocks then turn around and try to sell it back to them and see if you can get what you paid for it. From a mechanical standpoint it's in virtually the same condition it was when you bought it. More than likely they'll give you 10% less.

You tell me how something that expensive can lose such value that fast and not be a ripoff.

You have a parent that gave you a head start. Some of us had to get it out the mud. So we can't relate :hubie:

Most people don't buy cars to sale them back in a day or two so you're just creating false scenarios to push your personal opinions on others :comeon:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
And buying a new car isn’t necessarily an imprudent financial decision.
:yeshrug:

It isnt imprudent if you use it for a long time....the usage you get out of it over time provides value...

Seriously whether used or new as long as you treat your car properly and service it at the required intervals you will get excellent value

outside of certain models which are notoriously faulty.....I have never owned a Range Rover but I have always heard how problematic they are..I cant say whether this is true one way or the other but it pays to do some research on that aspect of the vehicle in question

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You have a parent that gave you a head start. Some of us had to get it out the mud. So we can't relate :hubie:

Most people don't buy cars to sale them back in a day or two so you're just creating false scenarios to push your personal opinions on others :comeon:
It's not my personal opinion that a car purchased new loses 10-20% of it's value in the first year. Plenty of people buy a car and sell it in less than a year. That scenario isn't as false as you'd like to portray. They eat the loss of that value and the person that comes behind them reaps the benefit.

Saying you had to get out in the mud and get it means what? My first car I purchased was a 2001 Buick Century and the transmission went out a year after I bought it. I purchased a 2004 Monte Carlo from a BHPH car lot at 21% interest cause my credit was fukked up. Do you know what t's like to buy a car and have to pay every 2 weeks and to have it take so much of your income that when your toilet clogs you have to spend your last dollars on a plunger to unclog it and go a week not buying food cause you broke with fukked up credit? I do.

I didn't have any such thing as a head start. I struggled for years before I was given that car.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
www.carfax.com/blog/car-depreciation/
If something loses 10% of its value just by you owning and using it once it was never worth the asking price to begin with.

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a brand new car in the face of that.

I just bought 2 cars yesterday actually...they're 2018, though. So I didn't take the depreciation hit