New cars are such a ripoff

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
This! I graduated with honors from YouTube University and if you pick a car like a Honda Civic there’s a MILLION videos of how to do everything step by step for ANY type of repair.
I did my CV axles in an hour from a YouTube video. Rented to tool from oreilly

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People do that all the time
Also while complaining about it and the amount they get when they trade in the vehicle

I would NEVER buy a used vehicl again

Cause I keep vehicles a long time

The maintenance and repairs for the used vehicle I had was ridiculous

The vehicles I bought new and kept the same amount of time def was way more cost effective
When you buy a used car you just get it inspected. If you feel that uncertain CPO is available with a warranty. If buying from the owner directly get maintenance records. If the car was properly cared for there's little difference between you buying it new and someone else other than the depreciation they took instead of you.
Not really if you keep a car for years and get good use outta of it’s not.
Even still you overpay. It's still a poor value. My 2016 car I bought in late 2019 had 22K miles on it. Saved $5000 on it and as of yet have paid for just gas and nothing else. It was in virtually new condition when I got it. It now has almost 27K miles on it and is still in about the same condition. Still has about 2 years of drive train warranty left on it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fr fr . That’s why I buy older cars just straight cash . Miss me with the payment plans where the car loses 30 plus percent of its value soon as you drive it off the lot .
It's more like 40% in the first 3 years mine lost 23% of value from the previous owner in 3 years though. I could have gotten it cheaper if I bought 3rd party instead of from a dealer. I probably paid $1000 more than I had to.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Buy a Ford F-150 raptor.. It’s about the only mass produced vehicle that keeps its value after 4-5 yrs of ownership.. cop it for 70k and sell for 60k after 4 years

Daps
Repair for older cars ain’t that much if you get a good one . Don’t buy American trash .
I’ve had two Toyotas for the past five years .
I’ve done maintenance(oil , brakes, tires ) and a starter went out once . Which was a cheap 80 dollar fix . It’s easy to find good older cars and not really hard to inspect them
. YouTube shows you how

Taco

All Star
Daps
Buy a Ford F-150 raptor.. It’s about the only mass produced vehicle that keeps its value after 4-5 yrs of ownership.. cop it for 70k and sell for 60k after 4 years
Yeah lets act like the Tacoma, 4RUNNER, Tundra and Jeep Wrangler don't exist. F-150's hold there value well, but there's at least 10 cars you can put before that where you're not paying 70k for it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Yeah lets act like the Tacoma, 4RUNNER, Tundra and Jeep Wrangler don't exist. F-150's hold there value well, but there's at least 10 cars you can put before that where you're not paying 70k for it.

Those vehicles cool but the raptor holds their value better than all of them. it’s literally a good investment..

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
www.carfax.com/blog/car-depreciation/
If something loses 10% of its value just by you owning and using it once it was never worth the asking price to begin with.

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a brand new car in the face of that.

I bought my car brand new and plan to have it for 15 years or more. Depends on what your goal is.

If you plan on selling it in a few years then it's a bad move

Taco

All Star
Daps
Those vehicles cool but the raptor holds their value better than all of them. it’s literally a good investment..
Show me the numbers. At what rate does it depreciate better than a Tundra or Tacoma. Which Gen 1st or 2nd?