New cars are such a ripoff

Spence

Superstar
Daps
The issue is that you are approaching this as if a car is supposed to be an investment. It’s not…it’s a tool. Thus it is bound to lose value. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I buy new, and run until the wheels fall off. I don’t expect my car or any tool to appreciate in value…because it’s a tool.
kind of. Certain cars that have a cult following or are rare bring back a lot of money. I bought a Bmw z3 for $500 with a shot engine, found a replacement engine for $150 me and a buddy put in over a weekend of beer and sold it for 5 racks, easy money. I bought an Audi allroad for $900 invested $100 in random parts and sold it for $3k just as two small examples. Just have to know which ones to pick is all.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Car insurance and car loans in general are pyramid schemes when you think about it.
For most people yeah. But I deal with these fukks everyday. One crash in a new vehicle and its a 5k estimate of damages at minimum if its a real crash. We got headlamps costing 2k a pop now. That 500 deductible dont sound bad now does it.

Oh another thing, fukk around and bodily injure someone. Guess what they getting treatment for up to 50k. You paying that out of pocket? We big balling like that out here. This isn't direct at you bro but people always say insurance a scam until they need it.

I constantly see accidents where the damages are. Collision damage -5k , medical bills from accident 10k, coverage to pay for someone else damages. Oh you got into a accident and crashed into 2 new benzes. How you paying that out? Plus you get an insurance company to defend and handle the paperwork for you. Or you know you can just pay out of pocket and deal with the courts when they personally sue.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I mean none of these cars starting prices should have ever been 25K starting the market should have been equal to the economy and the fact that the value depreciates one you drive it away is just...:hhh: bullshyt... it has always been a scam... but alot of people is kinda waking up to the bullshyt... I mean unless you a sucker or got money to blow who's going into dealerships and paying for brand new cars off the bat...

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Coli nikkas driving around like.

"New cars are a rip-off"
8b69ef32c1be8ee08600b81acf26ac92.jpg

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand how somebody thinks making the choice to buy a new car is a scam :ohhh:

Don't buy a new car then :gucci:

I'm keeping this Jeep forever....I barely put any miles on it and it's almost paid off :hubie:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
last new car I bought was a manual transmission chevy 6 years ago

the plastic engine and all the bullshyt was trash on it...overheated 3 years in. Only car out of 4 that I've owned with a fukked up clutch... shifting was way smoother compared to older cars but the quality build was trash

if I waited the 3 years and just bought it at half price I would have had the same result with 10k more in my pocket

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I don't understand how somebody thinks making the choice to buy a new car is a scam :ohhh:

Don't buy a new car then :gucci:

I'm keeping this Jeep forever....I barely put any miles on it and it's almost paid off :hubie:

jeeps run forever. I got a Liberty that's seen hell and it still runs

warped cylinder head, transmission kicks from pulling boat... still fukking runs... ive had it parked for a year and I'm gonna fix that... but if I started it now and drove it, it would still work. Couldnt kill this car even if I wanted to

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I buy used luxury vehicles but I very much know wtf I’m doing to work on them myself or who to take it to when I can’t and where to get parts or how much they should run when something gots wrong since I can diagnose most problems. I’m an exception to that rule though, most people knowing. Krhing abojt cars get hit BAD by repair shops.
U being a car nikka like that the gawt damm Golden ticket

Spence

Superstar
Daps
U being a car nikka like that the gawt damm Golden ticket
It really is, repair shops can’t get over on me, like ever. And it’s easy to sell a car to a fellow enthusiast after I’ve rescued it and dusted it off the make it pretty. Over my lifetime I’ve made at least $40k in profit off my hobby. I could never do it as a business as I would get bored way too quick.