Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who said Alice in Borderland is better than Squid Game?:stopitslime:

I'm watching it now and that's like comparing a hot dog to a ribeye. AiB is a mid grade anime in live action. It's inferior in every way. I remember when brehs were saying Power and The Chi were on the level of The Wire so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

He's still alive. Season 2 is likely to focus on Front Man so he needs to be around plus he's the only good guy who knows the details of the game
Lmao The Wire overrated as hell.

AIB was good. I liked both the same.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Women & their phones during shows.
full
I'm telling you this is one of my pet peeves. I don't even ask my girl to watch shyt cause she don't pay attention. I'm convinced women don't fukk with good movies and tv shows unless it's reality. Even then they're still on the phone.

Lmao The Wire overrated as hell.

AIB was good. I liked both the same.

That's crazy talk. This opinion is the exception not the norm.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you this is one of my pet peeves. I don't even ask my girl to watch shyt cause she don't pay attention. I'm convinced women don't fukk with good movies and tv shows unless it's reality. Even then they're still on the phone.

That's crazy talk. This opinion is the exception not the norm.

The wire was a cop show that had drug dealers in it. A gay thug robbing the whole hood.. How can the wire be a classic when season 2 and 5 were trash? 40% of the show trash. Hell everything after stringer bell was borderline trash. Killing homeless people to get overtime to chase Marlo? :mjlol: Season 2 the white boy spin off? Season 4 the kids in school? Come on breh. The wire is some made up legend

Last edited:

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Voice overs was bad

Wasnt a big of the ending

Overall i give it a 6.5/10

I enjoyed the story and characters for the most part

The older lady contestant was annoying as hell tho

Also was it ever explained why ol boys last words were u know why

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
i knew the old man was behind it. From the way they showed the kids playing squid game to him being 001. Also with how ambitious he was with the first game. I figured he was one of the kids from the start. What i thought was gone happen and i was wrong was, i thought each kid from original scene had to participate in rotating years and it was just his year. But i was wrong on that.

As time went on, after the detective opened the book and it showed his brother the winner of the game, i already knew he was the front man.

What i dont get and i hope they expand on in season 2 is, HOW did he become front man ? They dump you off randomly after you win, making 0 contact with you ever again, so how did he get back in contact with them, let alone rise in rank to become the new leader in only few years? What happened to the front man before him?

which brings me to next question— who is “them” how did they choose the soldiers? The vips? Etc
This is all just a theory, but
maybe when The Front Man played the card flip game with the recruiter, he chose the red card and became a guard (people who chose the blue card were the contestants).
The Front Man probably started out as a circle, moved up to a triangle, and then got promoted again to a square. If Front Man gets killed, another square will probably replace him (either by election or by battle royal). It's a pretty efficient system.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Spike Lee should be ashamed for what he did to Old Boy :hhh:
I think I'm the only person who liked Spike's version of Old Boy.
Spike didn't recreate the wheel, he basically reshot the original with Western actors. The only major difference that I can remember is Josh Brolin not eating a live octopus. Everything else was the same, right?

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Starting the last episode.

I been giving Sang-woo a pass to a degree because of the situation, but after these last two games he's officially a fukk nikka. :pacspit:
you shoulda knew his was a punk ass bytch after the cookie game. He knew the umbrella was gonna be hard AF to to cut out, yet he let his breh since childhood pick it and stay in that line. He ain’t shyt for that.

Goonba

Ay
Daps
Reppin
LA
Episode 6 broke me. :mjcry:

10/10 show:mjcry:

Korean cop pulling off what he pulled off is one of the greatest examples of faking it 'til you make it I've ever seen.

Oh and...

"How old do you think I am?"

"49."

:russ::russ: