Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

Daps
So I didn't get into the debate on subtitles and dub but I dont like subtitles. Fact of the matter is my attention span for television aint what it used to be and i would be missing stuff if i have to read it cause my eyes aren't on the TV the entire time..

With that being said, in a few places the dub was over the top (specifically that lil thotty that was acting up) but other than that, it was cool.

One part that had me cracking up was the dub on the old man at the end when he's like

"We decided to have some FUNNNN:shaq::mjlit:"

The way he said that had me rolling over here :mjlol::russ:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Out of all the gruesome deaths they showed, they never actually showed him die. I think his character would have atleast got an on screen death especially since it was by his brother. So I think he’s alive and will be back in the inevitable season 2.

I think this show made it a point that if someone didn't die on camera, then they aren't dead. Some examples include Oh Il Nam (#1) and Han Mi-Nyeo (#212). That cop is definitely still alive.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet but the only part I didn't like was....

... the Indian dude getting hustled out of his marbles by Sang Woo. That shyt was so unrealistic. Dude had 19 marbles but was tricked by the "smarter" Korean to go on a harebrained scheme to finesse an alternative escape for both of them... Oh and let me hold all your marbles while you go around asking ppl their age

shyt had him looking retarded to the point of :mjpls:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i knew the old man was behind it. From the way they showed the kids playing squid game to him being 001. Also with how ambitious he was with the first game. I figured he was one of the kids from the start. What i thought was gone happen and i was wrong was, i thought each kid from original scene had to participate in rotating years and it was just his year. But i was wrong on that.

As time went on, after the detective opened the book and it showed his brother the winner of the game, i already knew he was the front man.

What i dont get and i hope they expand on in season 2 is, HOW did he become front man ? They dump you off randomly after you win, making 0 contact with you ever again, so how did he get back in contact with them, let alone rise in rank to become the new leader in only few years? What happened to the front man before him?

which brings me to next question— who is “them” how did they choose the soldiers? The vips? Etc

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This dude Ali just CAN'T be that naive :snoop:

Folks are comparing themself to him as if he wasn’t dumb as hell. He has no boundaries, nor attempted to be selfish. I felt bad for a while then got over it. Woo Sheisty’s reasoning didn’t even make sense. Ali was way too submissive.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The main character got saved at every game(Only game he used his smarts was the Honeycomb). Him going back to join the game like he can change anything, he a deadbeat dad and a goofy :mjlol:

Reasons why I didn't like Gi-hun much. That Harry Potter bullshyt, becoming a "hero" off the work the side characters put in. :martin:
Dude was not observant at all, big upping Sang-woo every chance he got :hhh: and refusing to smarten up even after a gang of folks got clapped before his eyes. Peep Sang-woo doing the :snoop: when Gi-hun gave that deep story about why he picked umbrella for the Honeycomb. Probably thought his mans stupid as fukk. :dead:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
They dump you off randomly after you win, making 0 contact with you ever again, so how did he get back in contact with them, let alone rise in rank to become the new leader in only few years?
They were following him enough to give him the card and tell him to get on the plane and go away.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The only thing that has me a little confused is how long has Front Man been away running these games. His brother went to his apartment and the landlord said she hadn't heard, seen or received rent from him for weeks. And his brother seems to be acting all frantic like he's freshly missing. Yet the records show he participated and win his game bank in like 2015 or somewhere around there. He seems pretty familiar with everything around running the game so clearly this isn't the first one he's been behind the scenes on.

So has he been missing for years and his brother just got a hunch that the ramblings of a perceived nutjob at the precinct had something to do with his missing brother. And if that was the case why was he just now checking his apartment. Or was it a case where he just recently went missing, which is kind of odd with all his familiarity with the inner workings of the game.

I've watched it twice (btw watching shyt at home with my wife is the worse cause she can't get out here phone to pay attention and keep up) and even after the second watch where I knew all the reveals, I couldn't find anything to answer that for me.

I kinda figured that
since the games aren't all year he can easily excuse being gone for a week or 2 but didn't:manny:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
The main character got saved at every game(Only game he used his smarts was the Honeycomb). Him going back to join the game like he can change anything, he a deadbeat dad and a goofy :mjlol:

He did legit win the squid game though. He just wouldn't kill the guy :yeshrug:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know if it's been mentioned already but if you liked this and are not up on Korean shows, you might like OldBoy (Korean movie)

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I kinda figured that
since the games aren't all year he can easily excuse being gone for a week or 2 but didn't:manny:
I thought about that too, but if he leaves for a few weeks regularly, why would his brother be all frantic about finding him this time, even if he didn't let them know. I might be overanalyzing that part, but it's the only thing that just didn't make sense to me